Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

ANGELS15

I tried to do some back to lay trades on Betdaq but there was so little liquidity that the bets were either unmatched or partially matched. As for the dogs there was practically no liquidity at all.
ANGELS15

In-play markets on Betfair seem to be frozen.
Euler

Pre-off Betdaq while Betfair was down

2021-12-15 at 14.02.29.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deestar

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:18 pm
In-play markets on Betfair seem to be frozen.
No issues here
deestar

Euler wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:21 pm
Pre-off Betdaq while Betfair was down

2021-12-15 at 14.02.29.png
Nice work
weemac

Anything you can do, I can do.......oh never mind.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deestar

Not as good but I'll happily take those 3 markets.
Euler

Having a go is better than not doing anything. So well done on making an effort.
megarain

On the API I can now place bets which are not matched, but attempting to place a bet which would be matched, disappears into
never never land.

//

Just restarted Bet Angel - bets which disappeared now show as matched.
Long Term

Really not good enough from Betfair, moving the discussion on to Betdaq liquidity is a side issue.

I suspect there will be lots of losers from the outage (again) including myself, albeit not a drastic loss.

I do think after 15 years of being on Betfair enough maybe enough is enough now, it has become more of a principle now,

After speaking to customer services you can see they are not bothered, there is a disconnect.
agog

Long Term wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:49 pm
Really not good enough from Betfair, moving the discussion on to Betdaq liquidity is a side issue.

I suspect there will be lots of losers from the outage (again) including myself, albeit not a drastic loss.

I do think after 15 years of being on Betfair enough maybe enough is enough now, it has become more of a principle now,

After speaking to customer services you can see they are not bothered, there is a disconnect.
Customer Services initially tried to fob me off saying they were experiencing technical issues, even though the issues had by then been resolved and the race in questioned settled! They eventually said my query was being investigated along with similar ones and 'someone would contact me at some point'.

Very poor - I have asked for it to be forwarded to their Escalation Management Team as per their Dispute Resolution Policy. In no way is it ever acceptable for them to say bets were matched when their own website was clearly indicating they had not.
jamesedwards

agog wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:26 pm
Long Term wrote:

Customer Services initially tried to fob me off saying they were experiencing technical issues, even though the issues had by then been resolved and the race in questioned settled! They eventually said my query was being investigated along with similar ones and 'someone would contact me at some point'.

Very poor - I have asked for it to be forwarded to their Escalation Management Team as per their Dispute Resolution Policy. In no way is it ever acceptable for them to say bets were matched when their own website was clearly indicating they had not.
This sounds like the same problem they had several months ago, matched bets not showing so could not be cancelled. Then it happened in the middle of the night and it took them an hour or so to shut it down. Some people with automations running lost five figures as they just kept triggering trade after trade after trade. At least this time it was spotted comparatively quickly and the Exchange taken offline. Nobody got their money back, that I know of, I'm afraid. ***EDIT*** Apart from Naffman :D
Last edited by jamesedwards on Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Naffman

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:19 pm
agog wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:26 pm
Long Term wrote:

This sounds like the same problem they had several months ago, matched bets not showing so could not be cancelled. Then it happened in the middle of the night and it took them an hour or so to shut it down. Some people with automations running lost five figures as they just kept triggering trade after trade after trade. At least this time it was spotted comparatively quickly and the Exchange taken offline. Nobody got their money back, that I know of, I'm afraid.
Yes it sounds like what happened during the Aussie markets a few months ago where you would keep clicking to place bets and were thinking nothing was going through but it was. To be fair to BF they refunded my loss, yes it’s less than ideal but credit to them in the end.
Derek27

I missed all the drama but I'm happily trading the Bundesliga match tonight so I think back to normal.
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 5:58 pm
I missed all the drama but I'm happily trading the Bundesliga match tonight so I think back to normal.
Mate of mine doing some twitter challenge with two of the games there tonight.

£10 - £1000

Think they need over 2.5 in the game which is off now, 1-0 currently

And a dortmund win!

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”