Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

Derek27

£2 :shock: I was once given a £50 goodwill payment which was more than the loss suffered. Times must be hard at Betfair!

Just think of the extra commission they get from an outage.
deestar

actually it seems like they have given me a £5 credit at 19:12 today. Less than 1% of this weeks PC payment. Nice.
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:50 pm
£2 :shock: I was once given a £50 goodwill payment which was more than the loss suffered. Times must be hard at Betfair!

Just think of the extra commission they get from an outage.
I don't think they earned off this one as an IPL game had just started and it was £15 million+ down on what would reasonabl be expected at the end.
Naffman

deestar wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 9:52 pm
actually it seems like they have given me a £5 credit at 19:12 today. Less than 1% of this weeks PC payment. Nice.
Thanks for the time as I'd have completely missed it otherwise, I got a refund at 18.39
ShaunWhite

I didn't get an email, and I didn't even notice it had happened tbf, but I'll take it. :) If I hadn't read this thread I'd never have known.
Screenshot_22.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

So they are also making a balls up of trying to make amends, crediting different people at different times with different amounts.
patchgarden23

For anyone who got an email and didn't use the free bet (or those of you who didn't get an email):

I got the email but had nothing in my account on logging in a day later - after booting off on live chat the live chat person apologised and gave me a £10 free exchange bet. Apparently the bonus had a very short expiry date for some unfathomable reason.

So if you got the email and got nothing or didn't get an email at all (just mention it ruined your day etc) it's highly likely you'll get something. The fact I instantly got one credited usually implies an email has been out with instructions for what happens if people complain about specific issues.
ShaunWhite

patchgarden23 wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 10:32 am
For anyone who got an email and didn't use the free bet (or those of you who didn't get an email):

I got the email but had nothing in my account on logging in a day later - after booting off on live chat the live chat person apologised and gave me a £10 free exchange bet. Apparently the bonus had a very short expiry date for some unfathomable reason.

So if you got the email and got nothing or didn't get an email at all (just mention it ruined your day etc) it's highly likely you'll get something. The fact I instantly got one credited usually implies an email has been out with instructions for what happens if people complain about specific issues.
FYI It wasn't a free bet it was an account credit, but when you complain you're likely to be given a short duration freebie if you don't say you'd rather have the credit.

But I guess you haven't had to complain much, they hand out money the first time or two but it's not a given and they dry up.
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:59 pm
So they are also making a balls up of trying to make amends, crediting different people at different times with different amounts.
You couldn't make it up!
LeTiss

I notice it's not just Betfair having regular outage problems.....Bet365 are too

I use them a lot, they are superb for IP action, but their website has been dropping lots of late

It's down again right now
Bet365 are trending on Twitter

**EDIT**

I should just clarify, I never bet with Bet365
I keep £5 in my account and that allows me to watch all of their live action, they never request that I place a wager
eightbo

I got the email, account was credited a tenner, but lost -200 on the outage, had the chance to win ... wait for it ... +30 !

not a huge hit but overall recent variance with all this shit for me this year has been measurably the worst I've ever observed since joining the exchange, I will be sure to enjoy the time fortune turns in these situations, if I remember to so far into the future ... 🤔

Since this year I'm appreciating the reduced stress of focusing more on value betting
transferFunds

Didn't get the email but just noticed, cos of this thread, I was given a £10 credit at 18:50 labelled as "Exchange issue 020522" . Seems strange that they were all credited at different times so must be doing them manually. Don't think I lost out on any of the races either so not sure what their criteria would be as I didn't complain.
Trader Pat

I didn't lose much compared to others but I didn't get any credit or email
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:05 pm
I didn't lose anything as I wasn't trading at the time, but I was still hoping for a free bet - they must be going somewhere. :)
Peteatvivs

Derek27 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:47 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 4:05 pm
I didn't lose anything as I wasn't trading at the time, but I was still hoping for a free bet - they must be going somewhere. :)
Just to say I had the email and searched my account high and low for the free bet but to no avail. Used the BF chat function this morning and someone called Brian put a fiver in my account “manually”. I guess the moral of the story is, if you are one of those expecting the free bet and it’s not in your account you have to go chase it.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”