sniffer66

to75ne wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:38 pm
starting to glitch again - time to stop
Yup, I'm bailing
gutuami

caught again with an open position
SeaHorseRacing

Gave up at 1pm. Went out. Lost an open position.

Come back 20 minutes ago. Again lost another open position. Talk about bad timing! Missed the entire day!
greenmark

FFS! What a shower!
bennyboy351

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 5:48 pm
Gave up at 1pm. Went out. Lost an open position.

Come back 20 minutes ago. Again lost another open position. Talk about bad timing! Missed the entire day!
Do we have to keep taking this sh*T? I mean, isn't Betfair SUPPOSED to be providing a service that is fit for purpose? I think that I've just got 'done' with an open position - which I tried to close well before the off - so I suppose I've had it and when questioned, BF will trot out the old, lame excuses!...
charlespeter

What is needed here is a class action against Betfair. If there are enough people willing to become part of such an action then all one needs to do is appoint a lead complainant and get a solicitors' practice to take it on board, no win no fee. They do owe us all a duty of care to ensure that the platform is running properly and if it isn't and they're negligent then they are liable for damages.
SeaHorseRacing

I've read terms an conditions again.

What if the market didn't suspend and you bet in running when the event usually suspends. Does that mean your win or lose your stake?
What I mean is would the void this event?
Dallas

I'm already finished for the night, tread carefully those continuing - been another mess of a day from BF
BF.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bennyboy351

Dallas wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:21 pm
I'm already finished for the night, tread carefully those continuing - been another mess of a day from BF

BF.JPG
In the end I was lucky! My open position resulted in my closing back-bet not being taken, so I cashed in on the open Lay bet. So I was, as I say, lucky!

The lady I chatted with from Betfair offered me 5 free bets initially - before the issue resolved itself - wish I'd taken her up on her offer now! LOL

Thats me finished too. Once bitten and all that... :-)
ged1200

I'm done with Betfair. This pretty much happens every week now. Whatever their T & C's say, by holding client's accounts and accepting deposits for the purpose of betting/trading and then failing in the proper facilitation of betting/trading using those deposits, there must be (at the very least), a further or concurrent implied contract under which our rights are protected. They are in breach...
Derek27

Dallas wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:21 pm

BF.JPG
Thanks. I'm in practice mode but thought I was having internet problems as Guardian was struggling to update filters.
Euler

It needs a real big shake up, some pressure to change from somewhere.

But take heart Betdaq will be independent again soon.
Emmson

Euler wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:43 pm
It needs a real big shake up, some pressure to change from somewhere.
Honest Joe?
PDC

Euler wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:43 pm
But take heart Betdaq will be independent again soon.
Shame you didn't buy them or got involved in the buyout :(

From what I understand they are just going back into their prior ownership and therefore I don't really see any hope for optimism on that front.

Also I don't think with the already falling liquidity on Betfair, spreading it ever more thinly is the answer. The idea of exchanges taking over the betting landscape had its chance and that chance has now past. Exchanges, legislation allowing, will be around for a long time yet but they will not achieve what they should have done in the market place. To much time has passed and the other operators have taken that time to adapt their own offerings.

This thread and the themes in it will still be going in another 10 years, people saying we need change, we need to act.

Armin van Buuren put it best when talking about Betfair outages:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfJhMfOPWdE&t=38s

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”