Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

megarain

I imagine employee morale at the joint must be at an all-time low, but who knows.

Every day I have to ask them to load some market or other.

All today's baseball markets not loaded yet - really can't be bothered, especially as better prices are available with bookies.

After comm/Pc, Betfair just isn't as relevant these days for pre-game players.
Euler

Sedgefield 15:37 not turned inplay
Eyesnack

Nope
ANGELS15

Euler wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 3:40 pm
Sedgefield 15:37 not turned inplay
It actually went inplay but was then suspended after about 20 seconds or so. Was really annoying as I had a back to lay on Tigerpomp one of the outsiders which took up the running 2 out and looked like it would pull off a shock as the 2 pricipals were briefly caught flat footed. Unfortunately Tigerpomp fell at the last but would probably have lost anyway.

I'm assuming the win part of the bet will stand.
Euler

They will roll back to official post and void everything afterwards
sniffer66

Issues again ? I'm seeing zero volume changes on all my open tennis markets
sniffer66

No score updates either. I give up today. Off to do something more enjoyable - like pull one of my teeth out without anaesthetic.
Ryanolifelix

hold on, wait a minute... i have been learning to trade for quite a while now but not over a year.

i just read that if i have a bet open for say 200 pounds and i am just about to place a lay bet for profit and green up, if there is an outage where bet fair crashes then my 200 pound gets turned into a single bet without being able to cash out or lay it to get it back?

if this is so, then its put a spanner in the works and has dramatically put me off trading.

surely if the website crashes then based on morals why wouldn't bet fair just cancel all bets...

hold on, shouldn't they be called BET UNFAIR?
Kai

Ye, a lot of us lost money to outages. Have a read through this thread, majority of posts are just short one liners.
rik

megarain wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 2:01 pm
All today's baseball markets not loaded yet - really can't be bothered, especially as better prices are available with bookies.

After comm/Pc, Betfair just isn't as relevant these days for pre-game players.
Dont get limited with bookmakers?
Asian ones?
megarain

The Betfair baseball mkts are v weak - maybe 5k traded.

Can easily get the 400-1000 I want with bookies, often at better prices.

Just want Betfair mkts up so other sites can copy.

Liquidity on quite a lot of non-premium markets is pathetic.

The seniors masters golf had something like 800 traded on the first 3 days. I don't know who buys the PP/Betfair shares, cos
I just can't see any growth and a totally pissed user base (but maybe the mugs dont see it)

Have a look at some of the womens golf markets. Sure, they marginal events, but this is the crap Betfair are supposed to be
using PC for .. its total BS - they do nothing to promote any more - at least in the markets I trade.

The cricket runs lines mkts have all gone to skins - again due to poor customer service in putting up markets/trap bettors who are
allowed to do whatever they want.

Its easy to rant about Bf - v hard to find anything they do well any more.
flutter.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by megarain on Tue May 11, 2021 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryanolifelix

do betdaq void all bets on outage?
Naffman

megarain wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:47 pm

The seniors masters golf had something like 800 traded on the first 3 days. I don't know who buys the PP/Betfair shares, cos
I just can't see any growth and a totally pissed user base (but maybe the mugs dont see it)

flutter.jpg
Hasn't it just gone up because they've been buying every company under the sun?

If only there was a viable alternative, if you're into horse racing then probably Citibet but only if you can build trust with an agent, but these crypto exchanges look worse than Honest Joe.
Naffman

Ryanolifelix wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 9:20 pm
do betdaq void all bets on outage?
No, no one will void them
Ryanolifelix

Will takeSP cover me if an outage occurs?

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”