Betfair Down / Betfair site crash

to75ne

yeah just seen the api change colour on place orders and cancel orders change to orange.

take sp appears to me to be as usual at my end.
weemac

Just had delay issues with Take SP. Had to square things up in running.

Been seeing mini-drops repeatedly for 24 hours now.
Euler

Y, very slow resolving SP.

But peak load is 3pm Saturday so that should be the worst of it.
PDC

The 3pm was really bad for me, so much so I put the same bet in twice as I thought it hadn't gone in, of course it had and was left bailing inplay.

Hopefully as Peter says now we are post 3pm it will improve.
PDC

Euler wrote:
Sat Nov 06, 2021 3:08 pm
Y, very slow resolving SP.
Still seems to be happening at Chelmsford.
Emmson

Are these incompetent w*nkers at it again? no inkling about this whatsoever and slap bang in the middle of WBBL with nearly 6 million matched (and counting)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emmson

When was it planned? *RAGING* :evil: a simple email notification is all it would take, not everyone lives on twitter

https://twitter.com/BetfairCS/status/14 ... 3211532290
Emmson

The outage has not even commenced. :roll:
Johnedale

I can't log in so looks like it's started now
milan853

hi cant login to my bet angel profesionall anyone know whats goin on? i have annual bet angel.
mcfc1981

Betfair down
ShaunWhite

Emmson wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:07 am
When was it planned?
"Planned" IT outages don't mean they're at your discretion, it just means they're not uncontrolled. Even times when you know you need to bring systems down in a few minutes rather than face an impending uncontrolled crash are generally logged as 'planned'.

People ask for more information from Betfair but it risks misunderstandings around the terminology, and some might assume it could/should have been mentioned much sooner or done at a more convenient time. That might be right or it might not necessarily be the case.
Emmson

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:24 am
Emmson wrote:
When was it planned?
"Planned" IT outages don't mean they're at your discretion, it just means they're not uncontrolled. Even times when you know you need to bring systems down in a few minutes rather than face an impending uncontrolled crash are generally logged as 'planned'.

People ask for more information from Betfair but it risks misunderstandings around the terminology, and some might assume it could/should have been mentioned much sooner or done at a more convenient time. That might be right or it might not necessarily be the case.
Shaun they are incompetent w*nkers, that is my position and my position is

UNALTERABLE
PDC

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 8:24 am
Emmson wrote:
When was it planned?

For that argument to hold any sway I would ask to be pointed to the examples where they did give correct and proper notice other than on Twitter.

My bank gives me a warning when I log in whenever they have planned maintenance. Why can't Betfair do this? May be someone with the right connections, e.g. Peter could suggest it.

I accept sometimes they will have planned maintenance, as Shaun has put it, that is planned with 30 seconds planned and therefore you wouldn't get a log in warning if you are already logged in.

But that won't be the case most of the time.

They should email all customers a warning if time allows and also bring in the log in warning and I think that would cover 99% of the planned outages.
Golfer

Posted here - https://forum.developer.betfair.com/for ... -08-30-gmt

I do think a banner or a pop up in the 12-24hrs before would be a much better option.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”