Betangel vps

firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 pm
The server edition of Bet Angel can only be used on VPS's that are supplied by Bet Angel

If you try and install it on a regular PC or a VPS supplied by someone else you'll get the error code 6

You'll, therefore, need to ensure you install and use the regular version and speak to you VPS supplier about ensuring the VPS is located in a country where Betfair is permitted.
Somewhat belatedly Dallas I overlooked asking what's the difference/advantage in using a BA VPS compared to installing the regular version on any VPS? I assume if I am only using the VPS for BA then the Basic set-up will suffice. And is the VPS 'managed' by the supplier or would I need to do my own housekeeping/maintenance?

Is there a thread in the Forum dealing with BA VPS issues, tweaks etc. where I can read more?
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:40 am
Dallas wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:52 pm
The server edition of Bet Angel can only be used on VPS's that are supplied by Bet Angel

If you try and install it on a regular PC or a VPS supplied by someone else you'll get the error code 6

You'll, therefore, need to ensure you install and use the regular version and speak to you VPS supplier about ensuring the VPS is located in a country where Betfair is permitted.
Somewhat belatedly Dallas I overlooked asking what's the difference/advantage in using a BA VPS compared to installing the regular version on any VPS? I assume if I am only using the VPS for BA then the Basic set-up will suffice. And is the VPS 'managed' by the supplier or would I need to do my own housekeeping/maintenance?

Is there a thread in the Forum dealing with BA VPS issues, tweaks etc. where I can read more?
The Bet Angel Pro server Edition is optimised to give the best performance on a Bet Angel server because its location and routing etc is known

Depends how you intend to use the VPS, if it's just to run advanced automation then you should get away with the 'Basic' package, if using excel, manually trading or combination of a few things then one of the higher packages will be required.

If you have any problems you would just contact Bet Angel support and they would look into it and resolve for you. I've used them 24/7 for several years to gather data, run automation and not had any issues, just a regular reboot every 6weeks or so is all I've had to do

There are plenty of VPS topics I'd have a quick search first but if none are relevant to your question but its probably worth starting a new one and moving these posts across to keep this thread clear for discussion about the new beta version.
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 11:01 am
There are plenty of VPS topics I'd have a quick search first but if none are relevant to your question but its probably worth starting a new one and moving these posts across to keep this thread clear for discussion about the new beta version.
I think that's a very good idea Dallas and maybe even suggesting a VPS Index item. I'm happy to move my posts and the direct responses to them but how do I do it?! :?
Dallas

firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 am
Dallas wrote:
I think that's a very good idea Dallas and maybe even suggesting a VPS Index item. I'm happy to move my posts and the direct responses to them but how do I do it?! :?
If you start a thread off I'll move the relevant posts across from here for you (they'll go in time order so will appear at the start of the thread once moved) so just make the first post a continuation from this point here

This post shows how to begin a new thread
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16838
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 10:22 am
firlandsfarm wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 9:46 am
Dallas wrote:
If you start a thread off I'll move the relevant posts across from here for you (they'll go in time order so will appear at the start of the thread once moved) so just make the first post a continuation from this point here

This post shows how to begin a new thread
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16838
Thanks Dallas, I'll try and remember to start a new thread next time, I think this one was exhausted. BTW, I know how to start a new thread, I was suggesting a new Index like the "Spreadsheet", "Servants", "Automation" etc. Indexes in the Forum … when searching "VPS" I get 1,602 matches so was thinking it might be better to have a forum index specifically for VPS matters rather than have the subject scattered around all forums.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”