Betfair / Python London Meet-up (21/01/20)

gazuty

Leeds1919 wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:45 pm
Where would you lads recommend as a starting point to learn python?

Is there like a python for dummies?!
https://www.kaggle.com/
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:37 am
That would be fun. 30 botters gathering for a drink and one notices the API's gone down. :lol:
Probably suprisingly calm, I don't look at mine for days on end anyway, api goes down and up and it deals with it. And I wouldn't do anything it hadn't already choosen to do anyway so I just leave it to it. It's 2021 Derek, if we can get a wrinkly old man in "space", that's possible. ;)
Euler

Little bit of respect required. I have been automating strategy for years, probably longer than most on Betfair. As people like Gazuty will confirm so have Bet Angel users. It's just that I choose to get up in the middle of night as I still want to trade manually as well. It's still an important part of the overall mix for me.
gazuty

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:56 am
Little bit of respect required. I have been automating strategy for years, probably longer than most on Betfair. As people like Gazuty will confirm so have Bet Angel users. It's just that I choose to get up in the middle of night as I still want to trade manually as well. It's still an important part of the overall mix for me.
👍
Realrocknrolla

Euler wrote:
I admire the dedication of changing sleep patterns. It isn't easy to do that and be 100% focused.

Do you still manage to get out on the bike?
Euler

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:08 am
Pretty much every day from March to October, but when the rain sets in, then it's back to the Gym.

I'm always at my fittest at this time of year and usually use that as a springboard for a big adventure in the winter. But for the last two years, I haven't been able to. I'm really keen to get back to some big adventures again. I can't wait!!!

The Melbourne cup meeting is typically my last push at getting some silly numbers before I settle into a more relaxed schedule.
Realrocknrolla

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:17 am
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:08 am
Pretty much every day from March to October, but when the rain sets in, then it's back to the Gym.

I'm always at my fittest at this time of year and usually use that as a springboard for a big adventure in the winter. But for the last two years, I haven't been able to. I'm really keen to get back to some big adventures again. I can't wait!!!

The Melbourne cup meeting is typically my last push at getting some silly numbers before I settle into a more relaxed schedule.
Good stuff with the fitness. You can see in the YouTube video's. Your getting younger. A bit of a Benjamin Button Curse maybe :D :D :D

Good luck with the Melbourne Cup.. let us know if you break any records.
LinusP

Euler wrote:
No disrespect meant, I know BA has always been at the front in terms of automation so thought you would be taking advantage when it comes to the overseas sports.
jamesg46

LinusP wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 2:15 pm
Euler wrote:
No disrespect meant, I know BA has always been at the front in terms of automation so thought you would be taking advantage when it comes to the overseas sports.
All the years on this forum and social media I’ve witnessed Peter take an abundance of abuse with no response. I’ll always remember you as the 1st that got a public smack for being a bigot.
Derek27

Saturday's here. :D
footysystems

Sunday the day after :D
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:18 pm
You’ve had too many beers Derek, it’s Friday 😉
jamesg46

All sarcasm/jibes aside my go to after Eulers response was this,

https://youtu.be/6FOUqQt3Kg0
ShaunWhite

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:50 pm
All sarcasm/jibes aside my go to after Eulers response was this,
I haven't seen any sarcasm or jibes. Friendly digs between the manual and auto guys has been going on for years. All I saw was a light-hearted posting not qualified with a " :D " emoji followed by a sense of humour failure.
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:43 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:18 pm
You’ve had too many beers Derek, it’s Friday 😉
I can absolutely confirm that it is Saturday. I'm way ahead of you James. :)

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”