Betfair / Python London Meet-up (21/01/20)

jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:09 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:59 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:11 pm

:shock: :lol:
The one and only rule is: Derek can’t be involved. He’s way too old and couldn’t possibly do without oxygen for 10 seconds or less… plus I reckon he’s the kind of guy who drinks that 0% alcohol.
I'd stick to the pie-eating contest if I were you. Got a feeling you'd win it. :D
Gotta be steak pie though 😁 & definitely not £13 quid a go.
Derek27

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:12 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:09 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 9:59 pm

The one and only rule is: Derek can’t be involved. He’s way too old and couldn’t possibly do without oxygen for 10 seconds or less… plus I reckon he’s the kind of guy who drinks that 0% alcohol.
I'd stick to the pie-eating contest if I were you. Got a feeling you'd win it. :D
Not at those prices!!
That's why he'd win it, he'd be the only competitor. :lol:

Talking of prices, I'm in London now. I popped into a nice but fairly modest cafe for breakfast, nowhere near central London. A full English breakfast was £9.75!

And I've noticed the Counting House is a stone's throw from Liverpool Street Station. I'd love to pop in on my way back, order one of these pies, photograph and post it here but I'm leaving early afternoon next week. Can't make next week but I'll definitely turn up to a future event, I'm only a train ride away. :)

Edit: Actually there's no need to go to that trouble. From the menu pic I think there's a serious imbalance of pie/veg/chips or some more substantial side!
Capture.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PapaShango

I’d like to come to one of these events though I agree that £13 for a pie and chips in London is excessive.

If you ever hold one of these meet ups at a northern based Macdonalds, then I’d definitely attend.
ODPaul82

Suggestion, don't eat the pie then
wearthefoxhat

ODPaul82 wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:44 am
The think the T&C's are that you have to order the pie and down the first pint of Guinness as quickly as you can.
ODPaul82

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:21 am
ODPaul82 wrote:
The think the T&C's are that you have to order the pie and down the first pint of Guinness as quickly as you can.
Me being a functional trading alcoholic that won't be any issue whatsoever :lol:
Thinking shall we all go Salt Bae after for an appertif?
Derek27

ODPaul82 wrote:
...or drink any beer either!
Seth

How was the meet up? I missed the post yet again.
iambic_pentameter

Seth wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 1:54 pm
How was the meet up? I missed the post yet again.
It's later this week:

New meet-up date organised:

6pm Thursday 28th October, The Counting House (The Gallery Room)

https://www.the-counting-house.com/
harry

For anyone who's been to these meetings before or knows the pub - is there an outside area?

I've been using Betfair's Python API for a while and I'm keen to meet some others, but I'm still avoiding most unmasked indoor contact. Would be keen for an outdoor drink if that's an option!

(in case you're wondering why, it's mostly the long COVID risk: https://www.microcovid.org/blog/delta)
Derek27

harry wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:43 pm
For anyone who's been to these meetings before or knows the pub - is there an outside area?

I've been using Betfair's Python API for a while and I'm keen to meet some others, but I'm still avoiding most unmasked indoor contact. Would be keen for an outdoor drink if that's an option!

(in case you're wondering why, it's mostly the long COVID risk: https://www.microcovid.org/blog/delta)
Going by my limited knowledge of geometry, there must be an area outside and surrounding the pub. ;)
LinusP

harry wrote:

Annoyingly no there isn’t, sorry.
harry

LinusP wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:23 pm
harry wrote:

No worries, thanks for organising! I'll hopefully join one of the next meetups.
Derek27

LinusP wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:23 pm
harry wrote:

Probably just as well. At London rates it would be an extra quid a pint to pay for the garden!
gazuty

LinusP wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:38 pm
New meet-up date organised:

6pm Thursday 28th October, The Counting House (The Gallery Room)

https://www.the-counting-house.com/

Amazing turnout last time and should be good with Betfair (premium + API team) and potentially BetConnect (founder + API team) also in attendance.
Hope it all goes well - looks a nice pub. See if you can take a group shot and post it.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”