BetAngel Limit

Nero Tulip

Sorry if this is elsewhere, is there now a limit (of 10) on the number of instances of Bet Angel I can have running ? My 11th betangel is not working, guardian isn't refreshing markets, I wondered if this was a problem my end or an actual limit somewhere else..
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We don't have a limit on the number of instances running at once. I assume you aren't running all ten on the same PC, otherwise Windows might be struggling a bit?

Betfair made some changes to the API late February to address excessive usage of the streaming API, so if you're streaming on all ten instances, you may have hit that limit. Are they all connected using the same betfair account or originating from the same IP address? Perhaps test by mixing streaming & polling and connecting via different IPs.
Nero Tulip

thanks for getting back to me, i was streaming on them all, so I'll try out the suggestions probably next saturday or when it's next busy. They were spread across a couple of PCs, but I have previously run it on a single one before without trouble..

Bet Angel wrote:
Sat Jun 06, 2020 4:38 pm
We don't have a limit on the number of instances running at once. I assume you aren't running all ten on the same PC, otherwise Windows might be struggling a bit?

Betfair made some changes to the API late February to address excessive usage of the streaming API, so if you're streaming on all ten instances, you may have hit that limit. Are they all connected using the same betfair account or originating from the same IP address? Perhaps test by mixing streaming & polling and connecting via different IPs.
ShaunWhite

I had a similar issue with my own software about 6 months ago. I contacted Betfair, they told me the default max number connections was 10. I asked for that to be extended and they changed it to Unlimited. Sorted.

They're making some quite radical changes atm to try and contain the load on their servers {cost/benefit driven rather than technological) so what might have worked before could have been subjected to a new limit.

Return to “Betfair Exchange API”