Make Market Scalping Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic guardian automation bot which fully automates what the 'Make Market' button from the one-click screen does.

All you need to do is nominate a selection for the bot to run on then from 7 mins before the off it will place back and lay bets for £10 stakes either side of the current trading price once they have both been matched it will keep repeating this up until 5 secs before the off at which time it will stop and green up.

You can manually intervene at any time and take whatever profit or loss you currently have, doing so will also disable the bot for the remainder of that market.

To use the file just click on the Make Market Scalping.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

After applying the rule to your required markets you have to Nominate the selection you wish to run the rule on - this is done on Guardian's main screen using the dropdown menu in the "Automation Nominated Selection 1" colum (see Image's)

The stake size can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Plant

Thanks Dallas For the work you are sharing! I now have the Bot in Guardian. I have added the rule "Fix the order of market selection" to make sure the bot doesn't change selection while it is in operation, as I have set my Bot to select "in position 1 (sorted in order of favoritism)".

How can another rule be set, to only activate the bot if and when there is hight liquidity going into the market (£1000 per second). A rule like this will aid a match for both the Back and Lay bet going into the market easily and not sit in the market waiting to be matched, which runs the risk of not getting matched.
Dallas

There is a volume condition which you could add to both the back and lay rule types which you could then specify a minimum amount traded on a selection or market as a whole but there is currently no option or condition within guardian that looks at the volume turnover per sec,

If you just check the total volume showing at the time when money starts to flow into the market you can get a rough idea of what best to set this at.

One of the things i look for before I start my manual pre-race trading is that the market has had at least £120K traded
Plant

Hi Dallas Thanks for letting me know that. I tested the bot today and only the Back odds were matched so some adjustments are still required. I'll try and come up with a rule that addresses the money going into the market to see if that helps the lay odds get match.
Dallas

You could experiment with the "Weight of Money" condition
lancelot66

Hi.Dallas.
I have tried to download a number of the automation files but when i try to import them into betangel via guardian it tells me they were produced with a different version of betangel that is not compatable.
I have betangel pro. Can you shed any light on this.Thanks
convoysur-2

you downloaded the latest version of BA ??
Dallas

You need to be using V1.42.2 for most of them to work (Your version is shown in top far left corner)
foxwood

I had the same problem with the Betdaq version of BA - couldn't import due to wrong version :(

Would be nice if there was some sort of workaround by editing the *.baf file
Dallas

Its because some of the older versions dont have all the added rule types & conditions that have since been added to the latest versions.
The latest versions can be download FREE from the BA site and installed over the top of your previous one and all setting etc remain the same
foxwood

Unfortunately, the latest Betdaq version lags behind the Betfair one. The newer version number in the *.baf file stops them from being loaded and gives a version number error.

The Betdaq version excludes newer features (eg percentage staking options as used in the Dutching example). This means none of the examples are useable on Betdaq until (if ever) BA decide to upgrade.

I did get the Dutching .baf to load by changing the version number from "5.0" to "4.0" but without the needed staking option it obviously won't work.

The same trick would however allow other examples to load and run ok provided the example file doesn't require use of the latest features ;)

Anyway, you're doing a great job with your examples and I'm sure they are helping and giving lots of ideas to people - well done :)
Dallas

Ill see if i can find any work arounds for the Betdaq versions, if not and there is a demand for them I can try and recreate some in Betdaq using what options are currently avalible there
betunfair

Hi there Plant, with your rule, "Fix the order of market selection", may I ask if this is your first rule within the Bot, what are the "Rule Trigger Times", and how may times does it trigger and then how many seconds does it wait before re-arming. I do hope you don't mind my asking. Thanks Plant.
Plant

Hi Dallas

The bot works fine and I've added a Lay Book Percentage condition set at 100 or less, to try and aid both Back and lay side of the book to get matched at the same rate. This is because I have learn't that In an efficient market the back Book Percentage will be just over 100% and the lay Book Percentage will be just under 100%.

I've also added a volume condition to activate the bot at 150000, so there is so good money in the market when the bot activates.

At the moment however I can't get the green-up rule to trigger, I've tried different things to try and get it to trigger but no luck so far, any ideas?
Plant

Dallas

I.ve got the Fix Order selection at the bottom of the rule file, set 7min before the off, until 10 sec after the start.

Green-up set second from the bottom set to trigger 15 sec before the off until 10 secs after the off to trigger 2 times an wait 2 sets. When I check the Automation table, they never trigger which leaves me exposed in the market.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”