Make Market Scalping Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

Make sure you have nt accidentally added any conditions to the "Green up" rule (there should be none)

Then ensure its looking at the correct selection
Originally the rule was set to scalp a nominated selection and the green up would also green that selection.

If your using "Fix Order" i assume your now not using "Guardian Nominated Selection 1" anymore

Make sure what ever selection you are using for your Back/Lays is also being used on your "Green up"
Plant

Hi Dallas

Yes I changed the "applies to selection" setting to "in position 1 (sort in order of favouritism)" for the Back and Lay rules and now changed the greening up rule to "Close Trade On Selection With Greening" with the same "Applies to selection" "in position 1 (sort in order of favouritism)". I'll test the bot again tomorrow and see what happens.

Should I change the "applies to selection" setting back to the original setting "Guardian Nominated Selection 1"?
Dallas

Plant wrote:Hi Dallas

Yes I changed the "applies to selection" setting to "in position 1 (sort in order of favouritism)" for the Back and Lay rules and now changed the greening up rule to "Close Trade On Selection With Greening" with the same "Applies to selection" "in position 1 (sort in order of favouritism)". I'll test the bot again tomorrow and see what happens.

Should I change the "applies to selection" setting back to the original setting "Guardian Nominated Selection 1"?
No you don't need to use the "Guardian Nominated Selection 1" if your using the fix order rule
How you just described it in your first paragraph is correct, as long as back,lay & green up all have the same selection chosen it ll work fine.

The reason it won't of been working before is after you changed the back and lay selections to "pos 1" by leaving the Green up still as "Guard Nom 1" thats what it was trying to green up which of course you wont of been nominating any on the main page.

NB: Just a foot note you only need the "Fix order" to trigger once otherwise you risk it switching runners if the orders change at a later time and it triggers again
welshtrekker

Hope someone can pick up this.

Trying out this script in practice mode.

Losing money easily on this script may be easy or should I be vigilant during the race.

I got into scraping in order to profit in bits before the race starts. But if 2 back bets get matched and no lay bets just before, somewhat nervous about the automation.

It looks good. Guess the idea is to also watch in-play and close bets when green figures light up in the trading profit calculator, is that right?

I can see how the green up part either brings a profit, or hopefully an acceptable loss, to avoid nasty outcomes. But I am new to all this, new to trading.

Also, I add the automation to the top 2 favs. Is that okay?
as I usually scarpe two horses at a time if manually.

There is a discrepancy at times, the green figures I think I have profited actually don't show up in my betfair account. Guess this is due to unmatched amounts as I notice I have to lay net stakes manually in-play until zero.

are folks using this only pre-race or going in-play? Why does the script rule lay higher odds than the back odds?? That confuses.

Help appreciated, thx.
Dallas

welshtrekker wrote:Hope someone can pick up this.

Trying out this script in practice mode.

Losing money easily on this script may be easy or should I be vigilant during the race.

I got into scraping in order to profit in bits before the race starts. But if 2 back bets get matched and no lay bets just before, somewhat nervous about the automation.

It looks good. Guess the idea is to also watch in-play and close bets when green figures light up in the trading profit calculator, is that right?

I can see how the green up part either brings a profit, or hopefully an acceptable loss, to avoid nasty outcomes. But I am new to all this, new to trading.

Also, I add the automation to the top 2 favs. Is that okay?
as I usually scarpe two horses at a time if manually.

There is a discrepancy at times, the green figures I think I have profited actually don't show up in my betfair account. Guess this is due to unmatched amounts as I notice I have to lay net stakes manually in-play until zero.

are folks using this only pre-race or going in-play? Why does the script rule lay higher odds than the back odds?? That confuses.

Help appreciated, thx.
This bot was made for pre-race markets, ideally those where the prices are fairly steady but certainly not for IR and you should nt be letting it go in-running to try and recover any losses sooner or later this will only leave you with a total loss.

The way its made it can only put lay and one back bet in the market at a time (can never be 2 backs or 2 lays unless you have changed something) and it always backs higher than it lays - full details of what it does can be found in the OP of this thread.

You can set to scalp any horse you wish either by nominating them individually or selection by position ie the fav and 2nd fav etc

You will always get slightly less paid into your Betfair account than the P/L figures shown on your screen as your commission is deducted from any winnings
welshtrekker

Apologies in advance if I sound like a total noob... too new to trading and a few things confuse. And also thanks for your input. I have read a number of threads, support here is great.

Literally in the last 30 mins, lots of trade outs that are scalps around £1 and £2 and £1.50, some out at zero, just one loss of £2 taken. Doing £5 bets.

So a little confused when bets settle and my balance simply returns to - where it was.

I'll keep an eye. Am aware of the commission but surely, profit should show as it did the other day.

On the automation script, I let it run till it greens. Often it greens giving me a loss. No probs with that if the big wins come as the greened figures only take around 20p to 50p. But, when using the automation, too many losses incurred and also once, would have been best to have not greened up. But that doesn't mean it does not work, I need to tweak it a bit. One bet netted about a tenner using it. Wondering if it should green all the time.

I am also looking at other bets, after testing, laying the draw. Not sure about laying the field, unless I can get confident about trade outs being caught in-race. Tried dutching, lol, think I best give that a wide berth.

Thanks again.
Dallas

Are you stopping the bot manually at certain times by disabling it? it does nt green till the final few seconds but as each back and lay is matched your profit is increased, as the figures you quoted are round numbers it suggests you are stopping the bot early and leaving all the profit on just that selection rather than letting it or manually greening it up to spread the profit equally across all selections
Have a read of thew two links and you ll understand the difference better
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11408
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11572

Its entirety upto you if and when you want to green up just as you can add or remove additional conditions to the bot, this along with all the other shared bots are uploaded to give new users a starting point and so they can see how they work and then build on them by watching them in action and deciding what can be added/changed to increase any profits
welshtrekker

Thanks Dallas. No, not stopping the bot but as a check, will just not do anything on the next one. Sometimes I like to lay low as a race goes in-play so I will avoid that, even though unmatched.

Right now, trying to figure out why so many scalps have brought no profit from 4 races I think. This was not from your automation, these were all manual. Makes no sense how my balance has not budged other than to put money back in used for liabilities. :cry:
Dallas

Have a read through them links in previous post there not just related to the bot it sounds like your not greening up but just closing your trade (back bets amount equal to your lay bets amount)
welshtrekker

Thanks Dallas.
That has cleared up everything and now I can understand all aspects of the processes. Thanks, now clear on when profit is taken, greening, when to green and the close trades.

But, love to know how to actually make some cash. A string of losses between 10p and 40p, with or without the bot. Sometimes a couple of quid won. Greening sure does save the bank from vanishing though.

I try to bet on most UK and IRE races. I have checked timeform, but find it poorly informs mostly. Usually watching trends works. Tried a combination of using the ladder with or without the trade profit calculators.

more to learn.
DRED1

Said it before but Dallas must keep Automation newbies here, great work and help.

But
"But, love to know how to actually make some cash".
But that my friend is the golden goose.

Dallas has always said, these downloads alone will not profit overtime.
But makes you wonder how many have a profitable automation system, over large sample. Will never know will we, really know .

But its fun trying
;)
marko236

It takes time to learn automation, Dallas has created a big short cut for newbies to test, alter and add to his automation.

Someone will eventually come back on the forum that has done really well with his help.
DRED1

Spot on there totally agree. Lets hope it's me.
Dallas

welshtrekker wrote:love to know how to actually make some cash. A string of losses between 10p and 40p, with or without the bot. Sometimes a couple of quid won. Greening sure does save the bank from vanishing though.

I try to bet on most UK and IRE races. I have checked timeform, but find it poorly informs mostly. Usually watching trends works. Tried a combination of using the ladder with or without the trade profit calculators.

more to learn.
Have you watched any of the Bet Angel videos?
All are certainly worth a watch if your serious about learning to trade and getting the most out of the software - There is 35 videos alone just on "Trading horse racing markets"

https://www.youtube.com/user/betangeltv ... =dd&view=1

Also you should take the time to read through these posts from Jollygreen a ton of excellent and useful information in these
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8320
DRED1

Great stuff from Jolly Green thanks for this

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”