Make Market Scalping Guardian Automation Bot

andygreen1965

I've been having a bit of a play with this bot but no matter what other conditions I add, it seems that it is always one selection that is eventually greened up for a loss and causes damage to the bottom line, cos it's price is lengthening or coming in too quickly and leaves an unmatched bet (I think).

What would be the most efficient way of closing a bad trade within the strategy for a small loss, and then not allowing the bot to put another trade on that same selection?

My thoughts are the 'Close Trade' condition and set a signal so that the bot will only lay or back that selection if the signal is not present. Am I on the right lines, do you think?

Best.....

Andy
Dallas

andygreen1965 wrote:My thoughts are the 'Close Trade' condition and set a signal so that the bot will only lay or back that selection if the signal is not present. Am I on the right lines, do you think?
Yes thats exactly right, just ensure you use the 'close trade on selection with greening' and not the 'green all selections' rule type with what you put above
andygreen1965

Thanks Dallas

The bit I don't get about 'set signal' condition is that it either wants it to be set with a value or not set with a value. Why can't there just be a condition to say the signal is set or is not set?

In this example should the 'Close trade' rule have a 'Set Signal' condition for the selection to have a value or NOT have a value? And so how would this translate into conditions on the lay and back bets.

Should 'closing a trade' rule trigger a signal, or clear a signal.

Setting signals confuses me.
Dallas

andygreen1965 wrote:Thanks Dallas

The bit I don't get about 'set signal' condition is that it either wants it to be set with a value or not set with a value. Why can't there just be a condition to say the signal is set or is not set?
The reason to set a value is to give more flexability within a rule with some of the other signal condtions.
When using the 'Set Signal' condition you can ignore the words 'with a value' and just interpret the options as;
Set Or NOT set

So on the signal tab of your 'close trade' rules you would use
Set signal on selection and enter a name (maybe use the word - 'stop')

Then on your Back and Lay make market rules add a 'sginal set' cond
Signal named stop
'is NOT set with a value'

Which would mean once your close trade has triggered on a selection then a signal is set on that runner and the back/lay rule will see this and place no further bets

There is a thread with some step by step examples on signals which may help
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 43&t=11943

and also this section of the user guide has some further explanations
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sig ... 3D&mw=MzIw

Any problems just post back
jaketarn

"and it always backs higher than it lays"
Hi Dallas I've downloaded this bot out of curiosity more than anything, looked through the rules, parameters and conditions and can't see how it backs higher than it lays. I've taken a look at the automation manual/guide and just can't see where it backs higher. Can you please explain?

Thanks
Dallas

jaketarn wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:48 am
Hi Dallas I've downloaded this bot out of curiosity more than anything, looked through the rules, parameters and conditions and can't see how it backs higher than it lays. I've taken a look at the automation manual/guide and just can't see where it backs higher. Can you please explain?

Thanks
If it lays higher than it backs it will produce a instant loss every time it triggers,
Therefore if it backs at 4.4 it will lay at 4.3 to secure a profit if both are matched
jaketarn

Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 am
jaketarn wrote:

Thanks
If it lays higher than it backs it will produce a instant loss every time it triggers,
Therefore if it backs at 4.4 it will lay at 4.3 to secure a profit if both are matched
Yes so as the bot stands at the moment it's a 50/50 chance in getting backed first?
Also is it possible when laying first to still take a profit?
Dallas

jaketarn wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:05 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:08 am
jaketarn wrote:

Thanks
Also is it possible when laying first to still take a profit?
If you back higher than you lay it will always produce a profit
jaketarn

Thanks Dallas. So I can also use the offset bet with this bot to try and produce a profit and maybe a free bet as well as scalping?
Dallas

jaketarn wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:02 pm
Thanks Dallas. So I can also use the offset bet with this bot to try and produce a profit and maybe a free bet as well as scalping?
It is possible to do - but you'de you would need to change a few things as this bot uses a condition to ensure the back and lay bets placed remail equal, once greened the first time then both will never be equal for remainder of that market
Dallas

It would probably be easier to make a basic bot dedicated to 1 tick scalping with greening as to edit this one
jaketarn

Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:22 pm
jaketarn wrote:
It is possible to do - but you'de you would need to change a few things as this bot uses a condition to ensure the back and lay bets placed remail equal, once greened the first time then both will never be equal for remainder of that market
Would that be the Number of matched bets amounts condition?

I have a few things I need to clear up with your help if you don't mind and these are:
Say if I back at 8.0 at £5 if the conditions are met I should be laying off at 4.0 at £10 to make a profit no matter if my selection wins or loses. Is this right? Also is greening/reding up necessary?

(I think the above has happened on one of my earlier bots before I messed around with it because on a few occasions my matched back bet has been re-credited into my account with a profit and replaced by a lay bet)

Also without wondering into the world of signals at present, to do the above would I use historic fixed odds or historic relative odds?

Thanks Dallas
Dallas

jaketarn wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:36 am
Dallas wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:22 pm
jaketarn wrote:
Would that be the Number of matched bets amounts condition?

I have a few things I need to clear up with your help if you don't mind and these are:
Say if I back at 8.0 at £5 if the conditions are met I should be laying off at 4.0 at £10 to make a profit no matter if my selection wins or loses. Is this right? Also is greening/reding up necessary?

(I think the above has happened on one of my earlier bots before I messed around with it because on a few occasions my matched back bet has been re-credited into my account with a profit and replaced by a lay bet)

Also without wondering into the world of signals at present, to do the above would I use historic fixed odds or historic relative odds?

Thanks Dallas
This thread will explain the diffences with greening/closing trades etc,
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11408
but yes if you back at 8s and lay at 4s using double the stake you will have greened up for a profit on all selections equal to your original stake value
jaketarn

Thanks for the advice Dallas
janice62

Hi, how do you manually intervene in a bot when you are happy with the profit and dont want any more bets placed? thanks

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”