Target Profit or Loss Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

leest2019 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:44 pm
Ok. I get it (I was looking at "greater than" -20 as being -20 or higher (moving up towards a +). Thanks. How would you set a cash out for any profit or loss at a specific time no matter what's come before?
The last post of this thread gives you a useful way to visualise how the greater/less then works when setting conditions with P/L
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

Just arm the rule for the time you want and don't use any profit condition
leest2019

Thanks for that. I already looked at the thread, but wondered if it was possible to do without putting two Green All Profit Conditions in. I'll do it that way though if that's what you recommend. Thanks again.
Dallas

leest2019 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:10 am
Thanks for that. I already looked at the thread, but wondered if it was possible to do without putting two Green All Profit Conditions in. I'll do it that way though if that's what you recommend. Thanks again.
You don't need any profit conditions if you just want to green up at a certain time irrespective of your P/L
leest2019

Ahhh - I've re read that. I see it. I'll have another look later. Ta
Bakeman

Can this be set up to close out on individual runners at a set amount, instead of the whole market?

Thanks

Edit....I think I found the answer, green on selection.
biddynz

I think my issue is the same as many so probably not a lot more can be done than what I have read so far.

I lay the selection pre race and back selection to green up in running. Green up works fine and I have as a stop loss at 30% in place as well as Redding up as well. However with these fast changing in running markets often it isn't triggered and i'm losing the lot.
Is there no way of putting in place a set 'back' price below my lay price apart from using the fixed odds condition because that doesn't work for me as i'm using so many different price ranges. So basically just want it to put in place a back bet price at 30% below what I have layed at and for it to go in play.

Thanks
Dallas

biddynz wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:29 pm
I think my issue is the same as many so probably not a lot more can be done than what I have read so far.

I lay the selection pre race and back selection to green up in running. Green up works fine and I have as a stop loss at 30% in place as well as Redding up as well. However with these fast changing in running markets often it isn't triggered and i'm losing the lot.
Is there no way of putting in place a set 'back' price below my lay price apart from using the fixed odds condition because that doesn't work for me as i'm using so many different price ranges. So basically just want it to put in place a back bet price at 30% below what I have layed at and for it to go in play.

Thanks
The volatility and the Betfair bet delay onin-play markets means its impossible to guarantee every bet will be matched, you can increase the chance by having a bet trigger at a price then place several ticks behind it, the further behind the more the chance of being matched.
However the further away its placed means you'll need to green up additional times as this can only be calculated at either the price its placed or triggered
biddynz

Yes have a decent gap between the two but still not quite catching at times, it is because the markets im playing are small trading amounts so big swings i guess.
I haven't looked in to stored values etc too much as still at the learning stage but is there nothing in there that can store my matched Lay price then use that price as a guide to set a price for the fixed price to back?
Dallas

biddynz wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 12:44 pm
Yes have a decent gap between the two but still not quite catching at times, it is because the markets im playing are small trading amounts so big swings i guess.
I haven't looked in to stored values etc too much as still at the learning stage but is there nothing in there that can store my matched Lay price then use that price as a guide to set a price for the fixed price to back?
Yes, but even if you place the back at 1.01 at best you'll still need to green up again to even out the loss which will require a another bet placed at or near the current price, and on some occasions you still won't be matched, ie, if its near the end or a race or the other runners fall or get hampered near the closing stages.
biddynz

Thank you.
I managed to sus out that I had the speed at 1 second refresh so once I changed that things improved in the only few races that were left for the night. Also noticed on a greyhound system i'm trying improved dramatically as well,that refresh rate can't be underestimated can it.

Cheers
Dallas

biddynz wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 12:20 am
Thank you.
I managed to sus out that I had the speed at 1 second refresh so once I changed that things improved in the only few races that were left for the night. Also noticed on a greyhound system i'm trying improved dramatically as well,that refresh rate can't be underestimated can it.

Cheers
You should always have it as fast as possible (20ms) on in-running or fast moving pre-off markets and have Guardian restricted to only those markets your rules are active on
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11491
len14iogo

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:25 am
Not at the moment so you may want to add it to the suggestion section
viewforum.php?f=20
Hi Dallas,
alexdbarros wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:54 am
Hi

I am putting in one bot the stake according to % of the balance.

Is there anyway to green up according to % of the stake? (not fixed value)

For example, If the profit is > 10% of the stake, then green up.

If there is no option to do that, it could be a suggestion to put on Guardian.

Thanks
Has there been any update on BA targeting this function yet? ...or maybe any suggestions on how to get to round this?

Many thanks
CraigHBet

Hi,

Hope you're well. I'm trying to green/red up when % of stake i reached. Not sure if this is possible - as not working at the moment.

The way I'm dong this is:

Lay the draw
Store the draw stake in a stored value (for market) multiplied by -0.9 (to get 90% of stake value as a negative)
Compare current profit (for market) with the stored value. (i.e. if current green up value is less than -90% of stake . Using 10GBP stake as a test so want to green/red up when -9 GBP)

The final rule is not firing. I am copying data to logs and can see that the stored value manipulation is correct (is being set to the correct number)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Dallas

CraigHBet wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:47 pm
Hi,

Hope you're well. I'm trying to green/red up when % of stake i reached. Not sure if this is possible - as not working at the moment.

The way I'm dong this is:

Lay the draw
Store the draw stake in a stored value (for market) multiplied by -0.9 (to get 90% of stake value as a negative)
Compare current profit (for market) with the stored value. (i.e. if current green up value is less than -90% of stake . Using 10GBP stake as a test so want to green/red up when -9 GBP)

The final rule is not firing. I am copying data to logs and can see that the stored value manipulation is correct (is being set to the correct number)

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Yes it can be done, there's a recent example I've just posted that exits when 50% of the potential liability is reached
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=22810

If you want to take a look at how that's set up compared to yours yo might spot what's going on, but if you get stuck just post back
CraigHBet

Thanks! Will take a look.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”