Find the Gap Guardian Automation Bot for Greyhounds

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on Greyhound markets

It can also be used on a variety of other markets especially as there forming.

The bot will look monitor Betfair rows 1 & 2 starting from 4 mins before the off and if there is a gap of more than 5 ticks between the best back and lay price it will jump in front of on each side using a 10 sec fill or kill Bet for £5, it will continue doing this until each side has a matched bet or the gap becomes less than 5 ticks.
In the final 10 seconds it will then green up.

To use the file just click on the Find the Gap.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "Parameters" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
annuity

You're knocking it out the park at the minute Dallas, many thanks.
charlespeter

Forgive me for this question but I'm new. I have looked at the different threads that explain how to green up and prevent the bot from continuing after a certain green amount has been reached. For example, it appears that the bot does much better at the beginning than it does at the end when finding gaps. This more often than not results in a red at the green up mark. I have attempted to change the bot to green up after reaching a target green of say 50p but without success. I have been worrying about this now for some time. If you have the time, I wonder if you could explain to me how I should go about this. It would really help me.

Many thanks
Charles
Dallas

If you add a rule type

"Green all Selections"
with the condition
"Green all Profit Condition"
is greater than 0.50 (or what ever profit you want)

Then to make sure that it stops firing further bets after its greened up see this thread
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=11638
and set that to 0.49p
charlespeter

Thank you very much for that. It was most helpful
djc7869

Hi forgive my ignorance, I'm very new, very green and very eager to learn. Would this automation be suitable for either the US or Australian horse markets where low liquidity seems similar to greyhounds? If not what bot do you think would be most suitable to use or be amended for these markets? Thanks in advance for all your work. I've literally spent the entire weekend tinkering with your bots and reading, reading and more reading!
Dallas

djc7869 wrote:Hi forgive my ignorance, I'm very new, very green and very eager to learn. Would this automation be suitable for either the US or Australian horse markets where low liquidity seems similar to greyhounds? If not what bot do you think would be most suitable to use or be amended for these markets? Thanks in advance for all your work. I've literally spent the entire weekend tinkering with your bots and reading, reading and more reading!
Yes you could use/amend this bot for any illiquid market or where there is likely to be gaps in the market prices, it could even be used on the IR horse markets especially at the early stages when there is gaps but not huge price jumps you get towards the end of the race etc
Glad to hear your having fun with them :)
djc7869

Thanks. I have been tinkering around with the bots and learning as much as I can because as the old adage goes about giving a man a fish as opposed to teaching him to fish :) You've provided a great catch to start with and now I'm trying to construct my own tiny fishing boat! Thanks again :)
djc7869

Me again, what rule would you add to ensure this can run inplay with greening>? Thanks again!
Dallas

djc7869 wrote:Me again, what rule would you add to ensure this can run inplay with greening>? Thanks again!
Answer is 6 posts up ;)
djc7869

djc7869

Hi Dallas me yet again! With Greyhounds and US or Australian markets i've noted that rows 1 and 2 are often not the favourites so I have changed the rule to reflect this. However just want to check whether rows 1 and 2 were your intent regardless of favouritism? Cheers :) :)
Dallas

You can experiment with any selection/s you wish, the use of rows 1 & 2 where just picked at random for the example, it could just as easily be rows 3 & 4 or 1st & 2nd fav etc that I choose
djc7869

thanks again :)
Crazyskier

Some early promise shown using penny stakes to test at the doggies today (horses were similar results too, consistency is lovely, no heart-attacks at big red numbers! hehe)

Thanks again to Dallas for the help and advice and patience with us newer guys. ;)

I managed 9 wins from 9 for the dogs but then got close to 1000 transactions due to my fast fill-or-kill on trading all 6 doggies, so went back to the horses as they're not so thick and fast, but equally profitable.

- And yes, for the eagle-eyed, I ALWAYS stop at £20 profit for the day (never risking more than £20 at any given point)...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”