Make Market Gap Scalping Guardian Automation Bot Greyhounds

errskib

...and by close I mean scratch that particular trade rather than green everything.
Dallas

errskib wrote:Is there a way to get this to close a trade if only one of the gap orders has been filled and the price goes against you by a certain amount of ticks?
I cant remember off hand how i set this bot up but you should just be able to use the 'stop loss' option on the parameters page to do this
errskib

I think that only works with an offset, I tried it but it doesn't work as well that way. This particular bot is separate back and lay bets placed rapidly within a gap.

Is it possible to stick a stop loss type rule on each order without using an offset? E.g. scratch if the order is matched and the price goes against you by X ticks (and remove the unmatched order on the other side of the book)?

Sorry to be a pain.
Dallas

errskib wrote:I think that only works with an offset, I tried it but it doesn't work as well that way. This particular bot is separate back and lay bets placed rapidly within a gap.

Is it possible to stick a stop loss type rule on each order without using an offset? E.g. scratch if the order is matched and the price goes against you by X ticks (and remove the unmatched order on the other side of the book)?

Sorry to be a pain.
No it has to be used with a offset as its calculated from it, ill pop the rule into guardain in the morning when im done with tennis and have a look how i made it and let you know what would work
errskib

Thanks!
Dallas

The easiest way would be to add a ' close trade with greening' rule type to close a selection if a loss exceeded £X value.

Then add a 'Close trade profit condtion' to the make market bets to ensure they dont trigger anymore once a loss have been exceeded on that selection, the following two threads explain how to add this to your file
(in both threads it states to use the 'Green all' selections rule type - in your case to close one selection at a time you need to use the 'Close trade with greening' rule type and 'close trade profit condtion')
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 47&t=11488
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 47&t=11656

Or you could use signas to do it a slightly different way, i have just put details of how to do that at the end of this thread
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 5&start=30
Pinnochio

Been using this for almost 3 months now but even with a bit of tweaking I can't get it to average much more than £1 a market due to the liquidity on the dogs. Has anyone managed to get decent profits out of it yet?
SeaHorseRacing

Pinnochio wrote:Been using this for almost 3 months now but even with a bit of tweaking I can't get it to average much more than £1 a market due to the liquidity on the dogs. Has anyone managed to get decent profits out of it yet?
Maybe trading grehounds isnt for you?

I thought you have been trading successfully for years? If so you will know all the answers to your questions right?

I see why you always brag about people full of it as it appears you cant prove it either.

(Sorry mate, wasnt letting this opportunity go. :lol: )
Pinnochio

I've never said trading greyhounds is for me. It's a whole new ballgame than the nags as there's just no money around whatsoever.

I've just been using the automated files posted on the thread and asking if anyone's been able to make decent profits from them cos I can't. I can easily post up my dogs profits but like I said it's only a pound or so a market so nothing to get excited about.
errskib

Thanks a lot, Dallas, I'll have a play around with those.
obitus

Pinnochio wrote:Been using this for almost 3 months now but even with a bit of tweaking I can't get it to average much more than £1 a market due to the liquidity on the dogs. Has anyone managed to get decent profits out of it yet?
Considering the amount of races per day, I would be very happy if I could tweak this bot to average £1 per race, any tips?
roger speakout

i have problems importing these rules, it says they are not compatible with my version.
Dallas

roger speakout wrote:i have problems importing these rules, it says they are not compatible with my version.
You should nt have any problems with any of the rules if using the latest version
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro
Candles

Hi Dallas

Firstly thank you so much for the wealth of information you provide with automation. I have learnt an incredible amount.

I just wanted to find out how to set the Relative Odds so that it places a back/lay bet when the gap is anything bigger than 2 gaps? I have the following set:

Back price = Lay price minus 3 ticks but it seems to only fire if the gap is 2 and not when bigger?

Many thanks
neilb

Candles wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:53 pm
I just wanted to find out how to set the Relative Odds so that it places a back/lay bet when the gap is anything bigger than 2 gaps? I have the following set:

Back price = Lay price minus 3 ticks but it seems to only fire if the gap is 2 and not when bigger?

Many thanks
This is because your rule is only true when the gap is 2, use Back Price < Lay Price minus 3 ticks.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”