Make Market Gap Scalping Guardian Automation Bot Greyhounds

Dallas

buddypeach wrote:Noob question here :) Having watched this bot run in practice mode, I've noticed that it often reaches a significant profit relatively quickly, only to then dive into a loss before greening. Is it possible to set a stop at profit, eg stop and green at x% profit stop at £x etc. ?
Yes it is fully editable for you to add your own idea's to

The following two threads from the FAQ section explain how to do what your asking

This link shows how you set any bot to green up at a target amount
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

This link show how to stop any bot from firing anymore times once a profit is reached
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656
buddypeach

Thank you Dallas, I'll read up on those.
brown12633

Hi Dallas.
I have been playing around with this to get an understanding of automation as a newbie and have had some good results. I have looks at tweeking it to suit me but if I want to close ALL trades with the top greening button it does it but the bot appears to then keep firing in more bets until the 15 before race. Is there a setting I am missing.
Cheers.
Dallas

brown12633 wrote:Hi Dallas.
I have been playing around with this to get an understanding of automation as a newbie and have had some good results. I have looks at tweeking it to suit me but if I want to close ALL trades with the top greening button it does it but the bot appears to then keep firing in more bets until the 15 before race. Is there a setting I am missing.
Cheers.
Make sure you have the scales icon uncrossed so that your are greening up and not just closeing the trade, once you do that it should stop this particular bot for you.
Any problems just post back
brown12633

Yes mate it is unchecked. I am just trying to adapt this so I can use it semi auto in the fact I can green or red out manually, but the hedge button isn't overriding. The bot just keeps in bets until 7 sec out when it finally hedges. :x
Dallas

brown12633 wrote:Yes mate it is unchecked. I am just trying to adapt this so I can use it semi auto in the fact I can green or red out manually, but the hedge button isn't overriding. The bot just keeps in bets until 7 sec out when it finally hedges. :x
Sorry i thought you ment stopping it on just those selections it had been active on, To stop it altogether you would need to remove the actual rule from the market itself within guardian.
jaketarn

Hi
I've had some really good results from this bot after adding other conditions. I do lay a dog based on the conditions I have set whilst greening on any small profit. However a few times a day it reds up and places a back bet on my selection even though it is supposed to be a lay bet. This has started happening from when I started using the 'number of matched bets conditions'.

The reason I needed to use the 'number of matched bets condition' was due to the amount of backs and lays I was getting (always endind with a lay as that was my intention) and if the dog won it would take a right chunk of money.

Initially I was getting cancelled bets due to the amount of green up rules I had which Dallas ponted out but I've now managed to overcome this and am still able to use a few green up rules.

I just need to ensure that the bot lays and doesn't back and red up the other five for a small loss. It seems that the 'number of matched bets condition' is doing a little reverse engineering. Any idaes?
brown12633

So I take it there is no other way to green up on all selections other than clearing the dropdown box in Guardian. Ive even tried setting a condition to green up and red out on the bac an lay to no joy.
Dallas

brown12633 wrote:So I take it there is no other way to green up on all selections other than clearing the dropdown box in Guardian. Ive even tried setting a condition to green up and red out on the bac an lay to no joy.
Its possible to green up to a preset profit or loss amount, as shown in this thread
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 47&t=11488

If you do that you just need to then add a condition to the back and lays for them to stop triggering when this target is met, details of that are in this thread
https://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopi ... 47&t=11656
errskib

Is there a way to get this to close a trade if only one of the gap orders has been filled and the price goes against you by a certain amount of ticks?
errskib

...and by close I mean scratch that particular trade rather than green everything.
Dallas

errskib wrote:Is there a way to get this to close a trade if only one of the gap orders has been filled and the price goes against you by a certain amount of ticks?
I cant remember off hand how i set this bot up but you should just be able to use the 'stop loss' option on the parameters page to do this
errskib

I think that only works with an offset, I tried it but it doesn't work as well that way. This particular bot is separate back and lay bets placed rapidly within a gap.

Is it possible to stick a stop loss type rule on each order without using an offset? E.g. scratch if the order is matched and the price goes against you by X ticks (and remove the unmatched order on the other side of the book)?

Sorry to be a pain.
Dallas

errskib wrote:I think that only works with an offset, I tried it but it doesn't work as well that way. This particular bot is separate back and lay bets placed rapidly within a gap.

Is it possible to stick a stop loss type rule on each order without using an offset? E.g. scratch if the order is matched and the price goes against you by X ticks (and remove the unmatched order on the other side of the book)?

Sorry to be a pain.
No it has to be used with a offset as its calculated from it, ill pop the rule into guardain in the morning when im done with tennis and have a look how i made it and let you know what would work
errskib

Thanks!

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”