Close Trade If In Loss Over 10 Secs Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

DaveJessop wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:23 pm
That has always been the problem with a stop loss on racing is that the odds move to quickly so tried to set it to 0.1 and trigger 10 times to try and can any odds I could
It wouldn't make any difference, the first time it triggers will be the instant the market is refreshed after all conditions etc are met so the re-arm time won't have any effect.
To trigger it multiple time you need to use a re-arm time longer than the in-play delay otherwise you'll just get a load of bets hitting the market one after the other in quick succession which will often lead to even larger losses if they get matched
DaveJessop

Thanks mate
DaveJessop

Hi Dallas - I think I've found something that works

I have the stop loss set to an odds value (<3.0) instead of trying to trigger it with a monetary value and set to trigger 20 times at 1 second rearm - it actually worked but triggered more than once - I've just added a condition that it only fires if the number of matched bets on the selection is equal to 1 (the original lay bet) as 2 would mean that it has greened up - is that right?
Dallas

DaveJessop wrote:
Thu May 02, 2019 7:32 pm
Hi Dallas - I think I've found something that works

I have the stop loss set to an odds value (<3.0) instead of trying to trigger it with a monetary value and set to trigger 20 times at 1 second rearm - it actually worked but triggered more than once - I've just added a condition that it only fires if the number of matched bets on the selection is equal to 1 (the original lay bet) as 2 would mean that it has greened up - is that right?
Sometimes your bet may not match all at once in which case you'll have two bet id's and therefore 2 or even more matched bets.
Also even if the opening bet was matched in 1 go then the same could happen with the greening bet, ie, it gets part matched (so now 2 matched bets) but it would be unable to trigger any more.

If it's in-play I'd use a 2 second re-arm time (3 secs if stakes will be under £2), with a 1 second re-arm if there is so much as a nanosecond delay with the first bet being processed by BF the second will trigger before the first has even arrived in the market which could then result in 2 eventually getting matched therefore requiring a 3rd to green up again.
DaveJessop

Bloody complicated isn't it? :D
DaveJessop

Thanks mate - changed the rearm to 2 seconds on the stop loss - I also have it set to close trade on selection with greening on position 3 (fixed order by favouritism before the lay bet and the lay is position 3)

As long as the stop loss catches the majority of losers and not run to a full loss I'll be happy :)
DaveJessop

Seems to work a lot better with the 2 second re-arm - 5/6 today with the stop loss kicking in at 2.50 (set to <3.0) although the horse did fade again and lost it proved that the SL worked and did avoid a potential full loss - produced 5% ROI on today's selections

Happy with that - thanks for your help :)
Dallas

DaveJessop wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:04 pm
Seems to work a lot better with the 2 second re-arm - 5/6 today with the stop loss kicking in at 2.50 (set to <3.0) although the horse did fade again and lost it proved that the SL worked and did avoid a potential full loss - produced 5% ROI on today's selections

Happy with that - thanks for your help :)

Oscar

Hi Dallas, or anyone out there who is familiar with this bot,

I downloaded this bot and changed a few of it's values. Then I wanted to try something different so I deleted it.
The thing is, when I try to upload it again, now it only has 3 rules;
Signal if in Loss
Reset Sig when in Profit
Green up Selection
Am I missing the "bet" rule? You say that the parameters can be changed so I'm sure there must have been a back or lay bet rule in there somewhere.
It's probably something reeeally obvious.

Thanks in advance for any help :)
Dabbla

There are only 3 rules., It monitors you manual bets.
Oscar

Many thanks Dabbla,

That was indeed a duh moment :D
LilBobz

Is there a way to set this to trigger when my loss hits 20% of whatever my liability is on a race (rather than at a fixed monetary amount)?
Dallas

LilBobz wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:34 pm
Is there a way to set this to trigger when my loss hits 20% of whatever my liability is on a race (rather than at a fixed monetary amount)?
Yes, you can store your loss (liability) against a selection as a Stored Value then adjust it by the percentage you want, then test the trade loss against that.

You'd need a Stored value rule to Store the P/L of the selection
and near the bottom of the Stored Value window use the adjustment by percentage

Then on the existing rules change it from the profit amount to look at the Stored value you've just created
LilBobz

Great, will give it a try.
Dallas

LilBobz wrote:
Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:35 pm
Great, will give it a try.

If you get stuck just post back

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”