Trailing Monetary Stop Loss Guardian Automation Bot

mickypaul72

Hi and thanks for sharing this bot its just what i've been looking for. In order for the bot to activate when I make a bet do I have to select "offset bet" from the drop down list then place a back or lay bet. Thanks.
Dallas

mickypaul72 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:38 pm
Hi and thanks for sharing this bot its just what i've been looking for. In order for the bot to activate when I make a bet do I have to select "offset bet" from the drop down list then place a back or lay bet. Thanks.
You only need to make sure its applied to the markets in guardian, it will then kick in when/if the circumstances in the opening post occur
mickypaul72

Hi, I am thinking of using this for my bot but I will just use the 'close trade profit condition' The bot I am using at the moment places Lay bets on horses in play when the price starts to drift out, however on the odd occasion the price has come back in again so I am just wondering if this condition good save me the odd substancial loss. Thanks
Dallas

mickypaul72 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:17 pm
Hi, I am thinking of using this for my bot but I will just use the 'close trade profit condition' The bot I am using at the moment places Lay bets on horses in play when the price starts to drift out, however on the odd occasion the price has come back in again so I am just wondering if this condition good save me the odd substancial loss. Thanks
If you were to use on in-running markets I'd suggest only doing so early on, once they begin to get volatile you'll end up with a lot of premature triggers and missed profits or not being matched at all and still taking a full loss
mickypaul72

Thanks for that I think the word volatile sums it up nicely i might have to adopt another strategy because when that lay bet does a U turn and comes back in its certainly a killer. Thanks for the reply.
murdok

I'm trying to edit the trailing stop values ​​to 0.20 and give me this error any idea for what it might be?

Dallas

murdok wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:22 am
I'm trying to edit the trailing stop values ​​to 0.20 and give me this error any idea for what it might be?

When incrementing a signal value it can only increas e by 1 at a time.

To use smaller increments you'd need to use stored values instead of signals, and do the same with the conditions
So the first set signal rule would store a value of 0.20

Then the first trail green up rule would then use a stored value condition to test the stored value is equal/greater than an entered amount
itsmytrade

Can this bot be used on under/over 2.5 goals soccer market pre match.

Thanks

Mark
Dallas

itsmytrade wrote:
Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:33 am
Can this bot be used on under/over 2.5 goals soccer market pre match.

Thanks

Mark
There isn't any point in using a trailing stop loss in any football market as the odds will move in one direction as time decays until a goal or red card then the market will reform at a new price once unsuspending usually jumping straight over any stop
ajanthony

Hello Dallas,
I have my entry to my bot working well, it is very simple. I have tested on a lot of events and I am satisfied but I still have trouble with stops and take profit. I set them up as you previously advised. If I set a stop, even a wide one, it very rarely gets hit pre off but once in play it does some weird things. One example, the runner with the lay bet loses but during running the ladder movement does not appear to go near where the SL would execute. However, on the log afterwards it shows an attempt to close at odds of 9 but closes at 7.2. This is over my stop limit. I understand there may be slippage due to volatility. But when the results come out it shows no loss or profit.
This has happened on numerous occasions.
I feel I should just take the stop condition off and run with the loss from the lay if the runner wins or the gain if it loses. I have been getting good results that way but was trying to minimise losses a little further. any ideas.
Regards,
Anthony
Dallas

ajanthony wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:10 am
Hello Dallas,
I have my entry to my bot working well, it is very simple. I have tested on a lot of events and I am satisfied but I still have trouble with stops and take profit. I set them up as you previously advised. If I set a stop, even a wide one, it very rarely gets hit pre off but once in play it does some weird things. One example, the runner with the lay bet loses but during running the ladder movement does not appear to go near where the SL would execute. However, on the log afterwards it shows an attempt to close at odds of 9 but closes at 7.2. This is over my stop limit. I understand there may be slippage due to volatility. But when the results come out it shows no loss or profit.
This has happened on numerous occasions.
I feel I should just take the stop condition off and run with the loss from the lay if the runner wins or the gain if it loses. I have been getting good results that way but was trying to minimise losses a little further. any ideas.
Regards,
Anthony
Are you asking for ideas on amending the strategy or how to amend something specfic in the rule/s?
ajanthony

Hello Dallas,
I have resolved this for the moment. I am finding running without stops or profit conditions produces good results so far. I have tested on about 600 races so far so will continue testing to further confirm results.
Thank you for responding, I know my question must have been a bit confusing.
Regards,
Anthony
itsmytrade

The odds can move either way pre match, especially upon any team news, injuries etc.
Dallas

itsmytrade wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:24 pm
The odds can move either way pre match, especially upon any team news, injuries etc.
I'm not sure if that was just a statement or if there is a question in there somewhere?
itsmytrade

I had asked previously if the Bot can be used on over/ unders pre match to which you said no.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”