Trailing Monetary Stop Loss Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation rule which for use ANY Markets.

The bot will perform a similar function to the ‘Trailing Stop’ option from the Global Setting area and will monitor the selection in Betfair row 1 in the final 5 mins before the start of an event, once you have opened a trade as you then move into profit the bot will track this and be ready to trigger should a price start to reverse.

It works by setting a signal when your profit is greater than £1, if it then drops back below £1 it will green up for you. If your profit continues to increase another signal is set when it is greater than £2 it will then only green up if your profit then drops back below £2. It will continue to repeat this up to £5 effectively creating a monetary trailing stop to ensure you lock in a profit as a trade moves in your favour.

Also included in the bot is a ‘Signal changed condition’ to ensure the signal has been set for at least 5 secs before the green up will trigger. For example, if your profit has just exceeded £2 and set a signal should the odds then instantly move back a tick or two and bring your profit back below £2 then the green up wont trigger for at least 5 seconds after the initial signal was set.

To use the file just click on Trailing Monetary Stop Loss.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.
To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

The bot can of course be quickly and easily edited to suit any situation, for example If you are trading on different or multiple sections and would rather the bot monitor the whole market then make the following changes;

On all the ‘Set Signal’ rules go to the signal tab and change from ‘Signal for current selection’ to ‘signal for market’

Then on each of the green up rules make the following changes;

General tab:
Change rule type from ‘close trade on selection with greening’ to ‘Green All Selections’
Conditions tab:
Change both signal conditions from ‘selection’ to ‘market’
Change ‘close trade profit condition’ to ‘green all profit condition’
Niko

Epic! :D
Niko

Hi Dallas, this rule works very well!

Could it be configured to track any runner, as an example, I have a back rule that looks for horses that are shortening, would I have to have multiple copies of the rule against each runner?
Dallas

Niko wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:26 pm
Hi Dallas, this rule works very well!

Could it be configured to track any runner, as an example, I have a back rule that looks for horses that are shortening, would I have to have multiple copies of the rule against each runner?
There is a few possible ways to do it depending how your back rule is set up. Is it a single rule type applied to 'ANY' selection but triggering just once on each that fit your criteria?
Niko

Yes Dallas, rule just triggers once dependent on odds condition
Dallas

The way i would suggest is as follows;
On your existing back rule go to the signal tab and on Signal for market select 'increment signal value'

You will then need to change the 'applies' to from row 1 to 'ANY' for all the existing stop rules and signals and add a signal value condition for each one
'signal value'
on market
is equal to 1

Finally duplicate all the stop loss rules and go in and change the value of that condition from 1 to 2, then duplicate again and change to 3 etc

What you will have is when your back rule triggers on a selection it will set a 'market value signal' then each group of 'stop loss' rules will have a market value condition added to lock a set of them to that selection

i've not tested it out so do in practice mode untill your sure its working, any probs let me know
Niko

Many thanks!
brizleciderarmy

Out of interest, which version of Bet Angel was this created with?

Its unable to import the file as it was created with a different version and is not compatible.

Many Thanks.
Dallas

brizleciderarmy wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:48 am
Out of interest, which version of Bet Angel was this created with?

Its unable to import the file as it was created with a different version and is not compatible.

Many Thanks.
Latest V1.48.1
https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... _beta1.exe
brizleciderarmy

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:50 am
Latest V1.48.1
https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... _beta1.exe
Nice one :)
Niko

Here! :D
greety

Just as a matter of interest Dallas, could you adjust the timings to go inplay? I know this is frowned upon but just curious.
Dallas

greety wrote:
Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:03 pm
Just as a matter of interest Dallas, could you adjust the timings to go inplay? I know this is frowned upon but just curious.
Yes the timing could easily be changed to whatever you want for each of the rules on the 'General' tab

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”