Store Hi & Lo Prices Template Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file for use on any type of market.

The purpose of this rules file is to store the high and low price a selection trades at during the time you choose to arm it for.

This is something a lot of users have asked for recently in one form or another, so what I’ve done is rather than build a full example I’ve created just the bare template, uses can then decide how they want to use the high low prices it stores ie, trigger bets, alert etc

So just to be clear, once armed it will store the highest and lowest prices the first three selection trade at (you can add more selections simply by duplicating the rules and changing the selection the newly created rules applies to)

I’ve also enabled logging so that it will record the high low prices of the front 3 runners to the log, once your using it properly you might want to disable this to keep your log tidier

How it Works

There are 3 rules needed for each selection to store the high/lo prices

Store Initial Prices
, As the name suggests this rule triggers once to store the initial hi/lo prices. It does this using stored values and stores the value of the current highest price with the name 'hi' and the lowest price with the name 'lo' (when this triggers it will basically be storing the current back and lay prices)

Then as the price begins to move higher or lower the following rules will begin triggering.

New High, This rule uses a Stored Value condition to test the lay price is greater than the current stored value named 'hi' and if it is the new price will be stored with the name 'hi'
New Lo, This is identical to the rule above but for the new low price

You’ll also notice at the very top are a Start and Stop rule, when the start rule triggers it sets a signal named ‘start’ on the market, none of the subsequent hi/lo rules can trigger until this signal is set. When the stop rule triggers it will clear that signal, therefore, stopping all the hi/lo rules from triggering.

This means instead of having to change the arm times for all the individual rules you can just leave them as 'Always Armed' and just have to set the times of these start and stop rules and they will set then clear a signal that controls all the hi/lo rules.

To use the file just click on the following Store Hi/Lo Traded Prices.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.
Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sniffer66

Thanks Dallas - thats very timely. I posted up a baf yesterday doing something similar but also saving existing top/bottom values as another SV every x seconds then re-initialising the first SV's again in case the range contracted, the relooping the whole thing again. Not sure if its going to work as planned yet but hoping

Can I ask the rationale of using LTP to calc and back/lay to store though ? I may adjust mine
Dallas

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:29 am
Thanks Dallas - thats very timely. I posted up a baf yesterday doing something similar but also saving existing top/bottom values as another SV every x seconds then re-initialising the first SV's again in case the range contracted, the relooping the whole thing again. Not sure if its going to work as planned yet but hoping

Can I ask the rationale of using LTP to calc and back/lay to store though ? I may adjust mine
I was having a quick glance at that thread, and noticed some good idea's being thrown about :)

I used the LTP main so that it can be used on illiquid markets with little activity. Using the back or lay prices if there a big gaps then it can set a false hi/lo that's not even been traded at.

On a pre-race horse racing market 10mins before post it wouldn't make any difference which was used
sniffer66

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:47 am
sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:29 am

I was having a quick glance at that thread, and noticed some good idea's being thrown about :)

I used the LTP main so that it can be used on illiquid markets with little activity. Using the back or lay prices if there a big gaps then it can set a false hi/lo that's not even been traded at.

On a pre-race horse racing market 10mins before post it wouldn't make any difference which was used

Good point, I hadn't thought about the liquidity and gaps. I'm pre-off from about 10 mins anyway so think I'm good to go :)
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:13 am

The purpose of this rules file is to store the high and low price a selection trades at during the time you choose to arm it for.

This is something a lot of users have asked for recently in one form or another, so what I’ve done is rather than build a full example I’ve created just the bare template, uses can then decide how they want to use the high low prices it stores ie, trigger bets, alert etc

So just to be clear, once armed it will store the highest and lowest prices the first three selection trade at (you can add more selections simply by duplicating the rules and changing the selection the newly created rules applies to)

I’ve also enabled logging so that it will record the high low prices of the front 3 runners to the log, once your using it properly you might want to disable this to keep your log tidier

How it Works

Store Initial Prices
, As the name suggests this rule triggers once to store the initial hi/lo prices. It does this using stored values and stores the value of the current highest price with the name 'hi' and the lowest price with the name 'lo' (when this triggers it will basically be storing the current back and lay prices)

Then as the price begins to move higher or lower the following rules will begin triggering.

New High, This rule uses a Stored Value condition to test the lay price is greater than the current stored value named 'hi' and if it is the new price will be stored with the name 'hi'

You’ll also notice at the very top are a Start and Stop rule, when the start rule triggers it sets a signal named ‘start’ on the market, none of the subsequent hi/lo rules can trigger until this signal is set. When the stop rule triggers it will clear that signal, therefore, stopping all the hi/lo rules from triggering.

This means instead of having to change the arm times for all the individual rules you can just leave them as 'Always Armed' and just have to set the times of these start and stop rules and they will set then clear a signal that controls all the hi/lo rules.

To use the file just click on the following Store Hi/Lo Traded Prices.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.
Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
So how do I set up an alert for this baf file?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:00 pm
Dallas wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:13 am

How it Works

Store Initial Prices

So how do I set up an alert for this baf file?
On the hi/lo rules use the Signal tab to increment a signal on the market (just call them high and low)
Then add your alert rule with two Signal changed conditions
the signal named high (low for the other condition) changed between 1 and 2 secs ago

and put those two conditions in a Group with the option (one or more conditions must be true)
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/gro ... tions.html

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”