Store a Value to History Lists (Price, Volume, Greening Data)

Dallas

If you are using Bet Angel V1.55 you now have the ability to store values into history list which you can then use to Trigger bets, alerts etc with other automation/servant rules, Display values from them on the one-click and adder trading screen, also create Markers on your Ladder screen, plot your own unique Advanced Charts and more

If you've never heard of Stored Value History Lists please see this post for further details
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21317

To get you started I’ve created a few example 'Stored Value history lists' which you can download and import into your Bet Angel and use right away.

You'll be able to use these in your own way to do any of the stuff described above, also over time i'll also be adding some specfically made examples that use them to show more of whats possible with the steps of how to do it.

Price Data
The first historic data list will store various price date to dedicated history lists, the file consists of one 'Set/Modify Stored Value' rule, which will be able to trigger unlimited amount of time and upon every market refresh.
Each time it does trigger it will store the following data for every selection to the respective history list;

History List 1 – Back Price
History List 2 – Lay Price
History List 3 – Last Traded Price (LTP)
History List 4 – VWAP
History List 5 – High Traded Price
History List 6 – Low Traded Price
History List 7 – Back Book%
History List 8 – Lay Book%
History List 9 – VWAP%
HL Price Data.baf

Volume Data
The next historic data list will store various volume date to dedicated history lists, just as in the the file above this also consists of one 'Set/Modify Stored Value' rule, which will be able to trigger unlimited amount of time and upon every market refresh.
Each time it does trigger it will store the following data for every selection to the respective history list;

History List 1 – Volume of a Selection
History List 2 – Volume% of a Selection
History List 3 – Volume of the Market
History List 4 – Volume Traded at Best Back Price of Selection
History List 5 - Volume Traded at Best Lay Price of Selection
HL Volume Data.baf

Greening Data
The final historic data list will store Greening and P/L date to dedicated history lists, the file too consists of one 'Set/Modify Stored Value' rule, and able to trigger unlimited amount of time every second.

History List 1 – Selections Close Trade Profit at Current Market Price
History List 2 – Selections Close Trade Profit at Reverse Market Price
History List 3 – Selections Close Trade Profit with Greening at Current Market Price
History List 4 – Selections Close Trade Profit with Greening at Reverse Market Price
History List 5 – Markets Green All Profit (Current Price)
History List 6 – Markets Green All Profit (Reverse Market Price)
HL Greening Data.baf

Once downloaded and imported into your Bet Angel you can of course edit, combine, swap, add or remove any of the history lists above in any of the files and if you wish copy the rule/s into your existing file/s.

So even while your exsisting rule continues doing its job it can also now begin storing data from the market to unique history lists in case you want to reference it elsewhere in Bet Angel or view it at a later stage.

To use the files just click on the required links above and that will download them to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian and they will begin storing the data to their history lists.
Guardian Import Image.jpg

Here is one example of how you can display historic prices in custom columns on your one-click screen using the 'Price Data' history list from above
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=21085
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
waywyrd

Hi Dallas,

Just upgraded BetAngel because of the long term volume charts not displaying, and now can't import Price Data chart. Says created with different version of BetAngel and is not compatible???

Regards,

Waywyrd.
Dallas

waywyrd wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:21 pm
Hi Dallas,

Just upgraded BetAngel because of the long term volume charts not displaying, and now can't import Price Data chart. Says created with different version of BetAngel and is not compatible???

Regards,

Waywyrd.
You need to use the latest version (V1.55) released earlier this week
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21544
waywyrd

Thanks sorted now. :-)
lotora

I have just installed Bet Angel VPS only version: https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... _beta2.exe, however I get the same error: says its created with different version of BetAngel and is not compatible.

Moderator, please update the VPS version to V1.55!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

lotora wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:37 am
I have just installed Bet Angel VPS only version: https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... _beta2.exe, however I get the same error: says its created with different version of BetAngel and is not compatible.

Moderator, please update the VPS version to V1.55!
Bet Angel V1.55 needs to be downloaded from the foloowing forum thread
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=21544

Not the Bet Angel website
ticktake

Hi Dallas,

Is it possible to define the Y-axis of an advanced chart? I have plotted volume% using the history list but the charts all look the same as the Y-axis always starts at whatever the current %value of the particular runner is.

I'd like to define the Y-axis to start at 0 and finish at 100. Is this possible?

Thanks.
lotora

Okay now! Only had to right click the installation file, properties and uncheck block.
Dallas

ticktake wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:02 pm
Hi Dallas,

Is it possible to define the Y-axis of an advanced chart? I have plotted volume% using the history list but the charts all look the same as the Y-axis always starts at whatever the current %value of the particular runner is.

I'd like to define the Y-axis to start at 0 and finish at 100. Is this possible?

Thanks.
The charts don't have user definable axis's, they are based on the chart type you use

I'm not sure if you've created your own or using the following example which uses a 'price' chart type
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=21294

You could change that chart type to a 'WoM' and that would give you a 0-100 Y-axis, but you'd lose the effect of the detail, see image below for the same volume% shown on a 'Price' and 'WoM' chart type

two charts.jpg
ticktake

Thank you Dallas. Yes I had created the top charts but I see what you mean about losing detail using the WoM charts.
danum

Hi Dallas,

When using markers and advanced charts referencing different history lists in the price and volume files how does BA differentiate bewtween history list 1, 2... in the price list and history list 1, 2... in the volume list?
Dallas

danum wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:44 am
Hi Dallas,

When using markers and advanced charts referencing different history lists in the price and volume files how does BA differentiate bewtween history list 1, 2... in the price list and history list 1, 2... in the volume list?
You can only apply one file to a market at a time, but if you used the same list for 2 different sets of data it would clash, so if you combined say some of the prices and volumes into one list you'd then have to ensure they were all in individual history lists
sniffer66

I'm just trying to get my head around the concept of these. So you can reference any existing History list from a rules file. And you can save User Created SV's to that History list - as long as you know the SV name you can reference it's value from another rule ?
jimibt

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:44 pm
I'm just trying to get my head around the concept of these. So you can reference any existing History list from a rules file. And you can save User Created SV's to that History list - as long as you know the SV name you can reference it's value from another rule ?
History Lists are like global lists that can be accessed from your rules files, the ladder settings etc. you can also take values either directly from History Lists (in rules) OR, you can copy values out from the lists to sV's. the beauty here is that you can populate an sv with a historical value i.e. vwap05, vwap10, vwap30 etc, etc based on pulling them from the History List. the image below shows this (where History List4 contains vwap):
sniffer66

jimibt wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 1:06 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:44 pm
History Lists are like global lists that can be accessed from your rules files, the ladder settings etc. you can also take values either directly from History Lists (in rules) OR, you can copy values out from the lists to sV's. the beauty here is that you can populate an sv with a historical value i.e. vwap05, vwap10, vwap30 etc, etc based on pulling them from the History List. the image below shows this (where History List4 contains vwap):
Thanks, that's what I thought.

Are those lists writeable outside of BA ? I'm going somewhere with this ;)

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”