Store a Value to History Lists (Price, Volume, Greening Data)

paspuggie48

Dallas wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:14 pm
DanTheMan1 wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 10:13 pm
Evening all, what is the best way to export and organise data from stored values? i am currently copying the log and sorting it in excel using text to columns. I basically want something that gets the data into excel in a more user friendly way then i can analyse the data in pivot tables to see what the horses price and volume did during the time rules that i set. Any help would be much appreciated. I have managed to set this rule up in the one click screen with no problems but would like to be able to review the data in excel at a later time.
Thats pretty much the way I'm doing it when I need to but Paspuggie48 might have a better solution you could try
Those who know me will see this coming from a mile...
I use Power Query.
I used to get the data from the log files but as I have many data points throughout the day just one file can have thousands of lines of data. As there are a lot of races this becomes inefficient.
So, I export the BSP/Form/Status SV data and then "merge" that data to my existing Guardian export, which contains all the runners of each race, race details etc.
DanTheMan1

Cheers guys, regarding merging, do you merge the files in excel or by a rule in BetAngel?
paspuggie48

DanTheMan1 wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 12:33 pm
Cheers guys, regarding merging, do you merge the files in excel or by a rule in BetAngel?
You use PQ to merge the data for you from within Excel.

There is a thread that has some Power Query examples viewtopic.php?f=31&t=22492

Then it's a case of learning some basics (lots of videos on YouTube) and apply to your files.
MemphisFlash

The power query guru, :)
ajanthony

Hello all,
I have two questions. On the attached screen shot in Guardian is there any way to include a column with the number of runners and secondly, can the Daily P and L be a progressive total as it goes down the column.
Regards,
Anthony
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

ajanthony wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:39 pm
Hello all,
I have two questions. On the attached screen shot in Guardian is there any way to include a column with the number of runners and secondly, can the Daily P and L be a progressive total as it goes down the column.
Regards,
Anthony
Yes, the number of selections is available as part of the 'Market Information' in the custom column editor

For the P/L update you need to use a unique SV name for each market so would take a bit of setting and the latest SV total would have to always look back at the previous SV Total's name
ajanthony

Thanks Dallas,
I may pass on the progressive total at this point, my skill level not quite there yet.
Knowing where to start with number of runners was what I needed, I was able to work it out from there.
Thanks again.
Anthony
Trader23

Dallas & Others:

A query with this if you could please help me- I have set up some automation which is storing historical price values and that is all running well- what is the best way to trigger a bet placement once the stored value for that runner reaches a specific price?

For example in my Rules File I am currently storing the price in a history list for a Guardian nominated selection but I want to create another rule below it to trigger a back/lay bet using that stored value- only if the horse reaches a price of $5.
I have been playing around with it for a while but cant get it to work how i would like!
Thanks for your help
ajanthony

Hello,
My query is not so much history lists but stored values. I have looked in other areas but cannot find solutions.
I am collecting data on greyhound racing and I store the values of my selection trap number and the winning trap number.
The results work on UK greyhounds but on Australian greyhounds it will not record this data.
I also keep barrier (stall) records for horse racing and it works okay on all horse racing.
Anyone know what I am missing here.
Regards,
Anthony

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”