Multi-Market Manual Stop Loss Servant / Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

The following rules files will enable your to set manual stop losses on a market with a Servant (by point and click) then have rules file in Guardian trigger a green up bet if the selection/s price reaches you stop price.

It works exactly the same as the right-click stop does on the ladder with a few extra advantages;

This will work on markets even if they are no longer on your trading screen
Can be used on the Ladder or One Click trading screens
You could apply stop losses on multiple markets at once (up to 1000)
If the stop isn’t matched instantly it won’t just sit there as a unmatched bet, instead it will re-trigger again and again at the current best price - so you have a much better chance of being matched.

At the bottom of this post there are three files to download

ASC Stop Loss Price Selector – This is a Servant rules files and just need you to point your mouse cursor over the price you want to set as your stop loss and start the servant
Stop Loss Trigger (for Back Bets) – This is a Guardian rules file and needs to be applied to markets in Guardian you intend to place Back bets on
Stop Loss Trigger (for Lay Bets) - This is a Guardian rules file and needs to be applied to markets in Guardian you intend to place Lay bets on

How to use the rules

First you’ll need to assign the Servant rule to a short cut combination in the Servant Manager window or assign it to a keyboard short cut, it will then be ready for future use and you won’t need to do this again, the following post shows step by step how to assign a servant to both of these so its ready to start when you need it

Now you need to add all the markets you may want to trade into Guardian, if you know you’ll be placing back or lay bets on a particular market you can apply the appropriate rules file now, if not you want wait till you open a trade the apply the required file to the market.

In the image below I know I’ll be backing in the first two markets and laying in the next three so I’ve applied the relevant files.

Guardian 1.jpg

Now just open the market on your one-click or ladder screen and place your back/lay bet/s as normal, if you wish to set a stop loss simply point your cursor at the price and start the Servant, in the image below I’ve assigned the Servant to the ‘Alt+Left Click’ combination in the Servant Manager window. (I’ve opened this window just for illustration purposes but you don’t need to do that), just point your cursor anywhere across the row the price you want the stop to trigger and press ‘ALT+Left Click’ – I’ve done this at odds of 6.0

Ladder Screen.jpg

And that’s the stop placed, you can now move onto another market and Guardian will trigger a green up bet if the price trades above odds of 6.0 (or whatever you set your stop at).

If you select that market in Guardian and click the ‘log’ tab below the bottom window you’ll see the price the stop was placed at, so you can go back through markets at a later time and see exactly where you’ placed your stops.

Guardian.jpg

If you change your mind after setting a stop you can simple go back and change it to another, using the servant in the same way - other wise that's it.

For the market above I’ve gone forward several minutes and you can see (without even having the market on screen at the time) that Guardian triggered the stop at 6.2 (as soon as the last traded price was greater than the stop placed at 6.0).

Downloading and Importing the Files

To use the Servant file just click on the following ‘ASC Stop Loss Price Selector.baf' link below and this will download them to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Import.JPG
ASC Stop Loss Price Selector.baf
Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".
To use the Guardian files just click on the following ‘Stop Loss Trigger (for Back Bets)' and/or ‘Stop Loss Trigger (for Lay Bets)’ and this will download them to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Guardian Import.jpg
Stop Loss Trigger (for back bets).baf
Stop Loss Trigger (for lay bets).baf

Once you have it imported into your Guardian the stake size along with any other aspects of this file can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lewistait

Hi Dallas,

I have downloaded the files and set everything up as instructed but when I change markets the stop loss is disabling. When I activate it it goes green and is working fine I think. Then I move to a different game and I go back to original and it is not on anymore. Another couple of things I noticed were that I set it up last night and I had to do the shortcuts again today and it is not showing in the log when I put my trades on for some reason.

Thanks
Dallas

lewistait wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:27 am
Hi Dallas,

I have downloaded the files and set everything up as instructed but when I change markets the stop loss is disabling. When I activate it it goes green and is working fine I think. Then I move to a different game and I go back to original and it is not on anymore. Another couple of things I noticed were that I set it up last night and I had to do the shortcuts again today and it is not showing in the log when I put my trades on for some reason.

Thanks
The icon that appears next to there name when you start will turn red as soon as the stop is placed and you'll see the price the stop is placed at written to your main log and the log for that market in Guardian

Once you've set up the shortcut in the Servant manager you need to save that profile so it remembers it for next time by going to the top left corner of your screen and clicking;

Settings > Save Setting
Or if you don't have any saved settings profiles yet
Settings > Save Settings AS
lewistait

Hi Dallas,

I am still having trouble getting the servant to work for placing multiple stops across different markets. I am doing everything that is stated in the example folder. I have downloaded all the relevant folders and saved them to my computer. Set a shortcut for ASC stop loss price selector then I go into the market on Guardian and select stop loss for back bets, I place my orders, 1 tick offset for back bets then place my stop loss. I hear the bell ring as if its working but the red dot is not coming up and I can not see it in the servant manager. Also it shows in the log sometimes but other times it is not showing up.

Thanks,
Dallas

lewistait wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:59 am
Hi Dallas,

I am still having trouble getting the servant to work for placing multiple stops across different markets. I am doing everything that is stated in the example folder. I have downloaded all the relevant folders and saved them to my computer. Set a shortcut for ASC stop loss price selector then I go into the market on Guardian and select stop loss for back bets, I place my orders, 1 tick offset for back bets then place my stop loss. I hear the bell ring as if its working but the red dot is not coming up and I can not see it in the servant manager. Also it shows in the log sometimes but other times it is not showing up.

Thanks,
The bell/red dod are interconnected so as soon as you here it the dot will appear next to a section, to indictate that servant has been started and on which selection.
ie, it couldn't play the bell without displaying a red dot on one of the selections and the bellboy icon turning red.

You can place stops on as many selections and markets as you want even without placing the bet or applying the rule in Guardian (it just means there's nothing to trigger if the price reaches it)

So as a test if you open a market from Guardian and start the servant randomly on a few selections (at any price) to place a stop you should hear the bell and see the red dot appear on that selection each time you do it.
If you then check the log in Guardian it will show exactly where that stop was placed then move on to another market and keep repeating that
keldix

This is exactly what I wanted for my stop losses. Works a treat. Thanks Dallas :D
arobinson1984mb

Thanks for this, Ideal for what I was looking for.

I've managed to install this fine but just wanted to check a couple of things.

If I've placed a back bet and I want to protect against a large drift, I'm presuming I'd select the Stop Loss Trigger (For Lay Bets) ? as its a lay bet it would need to place? And does it matter whether I then arm the trigger by clicking on the lay or back side of the ladder or will it arm a lay bet whichever side I click?

Just wanted to check as it can be confusing sometimes, for example, I use the ladder is reverse view and if I placed a back bet and then wanted to set a manual stop loss, I have to right click on the back side of the ladder where you'd expect to have to click on the lay side.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Andy
Dallas

arobinson1984mb wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:52 pm
Thanks for this, Ideal for what I was looking for.

I've managed to install this fine but just wanted to check a couple of things.

If I've placed a back bet and I want to protect against a large drift, I'm presuming I'd select the Stop Loss Trigger (For Lay Bets) ? as its a lay bet it would need to place? And does it matter whether I then arm the trigger by clicking on the lay or back side of the ladder or will it arm a lay bet whichever side I click?

Just wanted to check as it can be confusing sometimes, for example, I use the ladder is reverse view and if I placed a back bet and then wanted to set a manual stop loss, I have to right click on the back side of the ladder where you'd expect to have to click on the lay side.

Hope this makes sense.

Cheers

Andy
If placing a back bet you'd use the stop loss for back bets (it will then trigger a lay)

You can click on either the back/lay column of the odds row to arm it
arobinson1984mb

Thankyou dallas, that makes it clear now, I'm new to the forums and fairly new to betangel but just from reading around these forums it seems like you are a betangel guru lol

Andy
BelgianPS

Hi Dallas
I was wondering if it was possible to make a similar automated version of this file. In other words if you were auto betting a days market could you stop further trades once you reached a certain total profit or loss for that day. Say £100 profit total or £100 loss total for the day.
Many Thanks
Dallas

BelgianPS wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:31 pm
Hi Dallas
I was wondering if it was possible to make a similar automated version of this file. In other words if you were auto betting a days market could you stop further trades once you reached a certain total profit or loss for that day. Say £100 profit total or £100 loss total for the day.
Many Thanks
Yes, there are some rules here which will do that, you just need to add a Stored Value condition to the rules you want to stop
to test the stored value named 'Total_Profit' for Bet Angel is less than (or greater than) the amount you want it to stop at
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=25455
BelgianPS

Many thanks once again Dallas
Just tried it in practice mode and works a treat.
Dallas

BelgianPS wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:53 pm
Many thanks once again Dallas
Just tried it in practice mode and works a treat.
FrankArch

Hi Dallas,

This works great for me manually. I am looking to adapt it to an Automation rule and would like to achieve the following:

Back a predefined selection at SP
Set a retriggering stop loss at 50% of opening bet. (ie opening bet =£10 retriggering stop at -£5)

I think I am able to set up an automation file with a stop at a specific price/loss but not how to combine the retriggering stop for when the market shoots past my stop loss. I am hoping to be able to this on a few selections as a set and forget.

Is there already a file created for this? If not I'd be grateful if you could point me the the right direction for a file that can be adapted to this.

Regards
Graham
Dallas

FrankArch wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 10:10 am
Hi Dallas,

This works great for me manually. I am looking to adapt it to an Automation rule and would like to achieve the following:

Back a predefined selection at SP
Set a retriggering stop loss at 50% of opening bet. (ie opening bet =£10 retriggering stop at -£5)

I think I am able to set up an automation file with a stop at a specific price/loss but not how to combine the retriggering stop for when the market shoots past my stop loss. I am hoping to be able to this on a few selections as a set and forget.

Is there already a file created for this? If not I'd be grateful if you could point me the the right direction for a file that can be adapted to this.

Regards
Graham
There's a ready made file here to trigger you when a loss amount is reached, but if it goes well past that loss amount and/or you are unmatched when it triggers the rule will just re-trigger again at the best price once it re-arms
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11407

You could do the same thing for triggering it at a price ie, if it trades at 50% more or less than the odds you were matched at, it doesn't need to be exactly 50%

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”