Range % Value (as seen on Market Overview Screen) as an Automation/Servant Condition

Dallas

This is a template rules file that calculates where the current trading price of each selection is within its high and low traded prices to return a figure known as the 'Range%' - as seen on the Market Overview charting screen.
This 'Range%' value can then be used within your exsisting automation or servant rules files to trigger bets and/or alerts.

MO.jpg

NB, The Market Overview calculates the range using ticks between the high/low prices whereas this example uses the IP%, so you may see slightly different percentages sometimes but the principal is still the same.

For demonstration purposes of this example i've added a 'Place Back Bet' rule in the file which is armed for the final 10mins before an event starts, it will place a bet of £10 on ANY of the top four selections if there 'range%' is greater then 95%.
Once the back bet is matched it will offset with greening at 3 ticks and will stop if the price goes 5 ticks against you

Remember the main purpose of this example is so that you can copy and incorporate the rule named 'Strore Range %' into an exsisting file to perform the calculations of the Range% for you.

Copy Rule.jpg

If your not sure how to copy rules from one file to another with just a few clicks see this post for details
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13568

The Store Range % rule is always armed and will trigger on every selection upon every refresh and do so unlimited times so as it is will be ready and have the latest range% for your rules to react to.

Once you have copied the rule named 'Store Range %' from the file at the bottom of this page into your exsisting file all you need to do to trigger bets/alerts using the range% is add a 'Stored Value Condition' to you exsisting rule/s and configure it to test the Stored Value named 'range%' the way you want.

In the image below i've configured the Stored Value Condition to test the Range% is less than or equal to 5%
Edit SV Cond.jpg

How it Works

There is just the one rule in this file (named Store Range %) and as the name suggests it stores the range% for every selection, but to do this it involves a series of calculations (14 in total to get the range%), if you look on the 'Stored Values' tab you'll see all the individual values it need to store and calculate to get the 'range%'.

If you want to view the 'Range%' at a later time to analyse for example to see how its moved throughout the day you can select the final stored value in the list which is named 'range%', then at the bottom of the right pane tick the 'Note Value Assignments in Log'

Each time the rule triggers the Range % will then be written to the log for you.

Downloading the Rules File

To use the file just click on the 'Market Overview Range% Template'.baf and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop-down box just above, you can now apply them to any markets you have added into guardian.

Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can make any edits you require by clicking on "Edit Rules File" on the main Guardian ribbon.

With any automation file always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
teambulldog

Thanks Dallas
That is a great help :D
JTulley

Hi Dallas,

In the context of this template, how far back does the "Highest Traded Price / Lowest Traded Price" look.

If I compare the values that get assigned to the "high" and "low" variables they are not the same as I see in a chart for that runner (they are less extreme).

Does it make a difference when the automation is started, or if the limited refresh is set to a value?
Dallas

JTulley wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:19 am
Hi Dallas,

In the context of this template, how far back does the "Highest Traded Price / Lowest Traded Price" look.

If I compare the values that get assigned to the "high" and "low" variables they are not the same as I see in a chart for that runner (they are less extreme).

Does it make a difference when the automation is started, or if the limited refresh is set to a value?
It goes back until the time you added the market to Guardian, it doesn't matter when you apply it, the rule will trigger an unlimited number of times

it should be noted that the Market Overview's high & low values have a spike filter to eliminate prices that only traded at small volume (relative to price), so the values you see here will differ slightly to were you see amounts have been traded on the ladder screen
JTulley

OK, understood - thanks very much.
greenup

Hi Dallas
I'm looking for an automation file that will use Range % to fire in a bet or bets 10 seconds or so before the off .
I'm looking for horses that are trading at 0 Range % IE shortest they've been , then trading out inrunning for like 30 or 40% profit on all runners .

Could this file or any other file be easily adapted
Ps I would prefer it to be a normal automation file rather than just a servant .
cheers
decomez6

Dallas wrote:
Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:54 am
JTulley wrote:
Hi Dallas,

It goes back until the time you added the market to Guardian, it doesn't matter when you apply it, the rule will trigger an unlimited number of times

it should be noted that the Market Overview's high & low values have a spike filter to eliminate prices that only traded at small volume (relative to price), so the values you see here will differ slightly to were you see amounts have been traded on the ladder screen
jolly good ! thanks for this one.

any suggestions on how i can access the Traded Range as it appears on the market overview screen.
OR
a formula on how to calculate the number of cells between prices .
a denominator of some sorts to help calculate the percentages.
Dallas

decomez6 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:54 am
Dallas wrote:
JTulley wrote:
Hi Dallas,

any suggestions on how i can access the Traded Range as it appears on the market overview screen.
OR
The calculation can't be done using stored values, that's why I had to go the IP% route
decomez6

Dallas wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 11:36 am
decomez6 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 10:54 am
Dallas wrote:

OR
The calculation can't be done using stored values, that's why I had to go the IP% route
Got it👍🏼,
Thanks.
elofan0

so how do you get the Range% as a column on the one click screen am i missing something :)
Dallas

elofan0 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:51 pm
so how do you get the Range% as a column on the one click screen am i missing something :)
You first need to make the Stored value named 'range%' shared

Then just create your custom column on the one-click screen and set it to display a shared stored value and enter the name range% for the selection
elofan0

thanks Dallas sorted now :)
Dallas

elofan0 wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:50 pm
thanks Dallas sorted now :)
lm1994

After reverse engineering each of the stored values and understanding how they interact with each other in order to define the range, this makes sense to me and was very helpful so thanks for that, its much appreciated!

Would there be a way to expand on this rule so that the range only starts to get calculated <10 mins before post time in pre off horse racing?

So, for example, any money matched before 10 mins isnt counted towards the range, only the money that is matched in the last 10 mins gets counted?
Dallas

lm1994 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:22 am
After reverse engineering each of the stored values and understanding how they interact with each other in order to define the range, this makes sense to me and was very helpful so thanks for that, its much appreciated!

Would there be a way to expand on this rule so that the range only starts to get calculated <10 mins before post time in pre off horse racing?

So, for example, any money matched before 10 mins isnt counted towards the range, only the money that is matched in the last 10 mins gets counted?
First thing to change is the arm time for the store range % rule from always armed to 10mins before start time

Then import the display high/low .baf file from this post
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=22079

and copy the 2nd/3rd and 4th rules into your range file (you can use the copy button to do this in a few clicks and insert the three of them at the top) and set there arm times to 10mins also
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13568

Now you need to edit the name of the high stored value on the 'store initial price' and 'new high' rules and change it to the stored value name currently being used by the 1st stored value in the range file once you've done that you can delete that stored value

Then do the same for the low stored value on the 'store initial price' and 'new low' rules and change it to the stored value name currently being used by the 4th stored value in the range file once you've done that you can delete that stored value

and that should do it

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”