greyhound automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Shaung89

Crazyskier wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:46 pm
dazzla44 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:08 am
So I have just tried this automation and it worked beautifully. Just one question. What would happen if the racing was delayed? Would the bets be stored until the eventual off time? Thanks in advance
Yes. They are often slow to load / delayed and the SP back bets do get matched 99% of the time. Lay bets are another matter though, in my experience.

CS
Hi Crazyskier,

Wondering if you can elaborate a little on the issues you face here with playing Lay Bets at BSP? Im looking to create an automation file to lay trap(s) at BSP for a fixed stake.

If i created a file stating to lay Nominations 1 & 2 at 1.01 30 seconds before the scheduled off time then take BSP - would this not work?
Crazyskier

Shaung89 wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 11:23 am
Crazyskier wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:46 pm
dazzla44 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:08 am
So I have just tried this automation and it worked beautifully. Just one question. What would happen if the racing was delayed? Would the bets be stored until the eventual off time? Thanks in advance
Yes. They are often slow to load / delayed and the SP back bets do get matched 99% of the time. Lay bets are another matter though, in my experience.

CS
Hi Crazyskier,

Wondering if you can elaborate a little on the issues you face here with playing Lay Bets at BSP? Im looking to create an automation file to lay trap(s) at BSP for a fixed stake.

If i created a file stating to lay Nominations 1 & 2 at 1.01 30 seconds before the scheduled off time then take BSP - would this not work?
Hi, not always, in my experience.

I'm not sure why, but the BSP back bets are almost always matched, of any size, but very frequently, the BSP lay bets are only partly matched on the dogs. Horses = fine, dogs not so. This is bad enough on the win market and even worse on the place market I have found. I've had a few near-misses with higher odds B2Ls before now, and occasionally been stung for much greater liability that it should have been if the BSP lays had been matched. I'd love to know why this happens.

CS
newaustralian

Australian Greyhounds.- more modifications Only select races less than 500mts and no straight course racing. Lay slowest dog ( start) for a set amount provided the race has a strong favourite. ( The determination of a firm favourite is subjective) . Takes 3 minutes a meeting . It only brings in beer money but is fun
ShaunWhite

newaustralian wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:04 pm
Australian Greyhounds.- The determination of a firm favourite is subjective
If it's subjective then it's not automation. It's just using analysis and then getting the software to place the bet rather than you doing it.
fisht99

newaustralian wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:29 pm
After much tweaking I have finally derived a greyhound automation ( Australian market only) that appears to be profitable.
The logic is that a slow starting dog is at a significant disadvantage in a greyhound race . This is most evident in short races.
Final Automation
Select greyhound to lay based on the speed maps only. The lay selection must be designated slow relative to others in the race. Although selected using the speed map they are not activated unless race price criteria are met. By the way races of 500 mts or over are excluded
Over the past 30 days I have actively traded on over 1000 races gradually increasing the liability with a profit of $830. However, the last 18 day ( increased liability and activation restrictions) a profit of $627 has been achieved. It may be possible to use speed maps on the UK greys to achieve similar results. I am looking at reducing some activation restrictions since it appears some are unnecessary .
Hi there

I am new to Bet Angel but enjoying the journey of automatic wagering. I am interested in how you select the greyhound based on a speed map. Is this done manually?
ZACADEMY

Hi everybody, can somebody point me in the right direction as to how to access greyhound speed maps on betangel??

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”