greyhound automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
Crazyskier

dazzla44 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:08 am
So I have just tried this automation and it worked beautifully. Just one question. What would happen if the racing was delayed? Would the bets be stored until the eventual off time? Thanks in advance
Yes. They are often slow to load / delayed and the SP back bets do get matched 99% of the time. Lay bets are another matter though, in my experience.

CS
newaustralian

After much tweaking I have finally derived a greyhound automation ( Australian market only) that appears to be profitable.
The logic is that a slow starting dog is at a significant disadvantage in a greyhound race . This is most evident in short races.
Final Automation
Select greyhound to lay based on the speed maps only. The lay selection must be designated slow relative to others in the race. Although selected using the speed map they are not activated unless race price criteria are met. By the way races of 500 mts or over are excluded
Over the past 30 days I have actively traded on over 1000 races gradually increasing the liability with a profit of $830. However, the last 18 day ( increased liability and activation restrictions) a profit of $627 has been achieved. It may be possible to use speed maps on the UK greys to achieve similar results. I am looking at reducing some activation restrictions since it appears some are unnecessary .
EonSky

It might be a bit early, but i am finalising an automation spreadsheet and i have the code available to place bets by Odds order, Name order or Trap Order.

The only problem i sthat it is currently integrated into my betting strategy which i dont want to give away just yet.

So i would need to create a new file with just this functionality for anyone wanting it, but only if there is enough takers.

The challenge is then integrating your strategy in which should be easy enough unless you have a load of parameters (like mine)

food for thought
The Silk Run

Tastes GOOD ;)
MemphisFlash

i'm in. always good to see other people's excel contributions. :D
gazuty

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:40 am
i'm in. always good to see other people's excel contributions. :D
The King has spoken 😀
EonSky

Cool, I'll spend some time next week punching it out.
ilovepizza82

newaustralian wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:29 pm
After much tweaking I have finally derived a greyhound automation ( Australian market only) that appears to be profitable.
The logic is that a slow starting dog is at a significant disadvantage in a greyhound race . This is most evident in short races.
Final Automation
Select greyhound to lay based on the speed maps only. The lay selection must be designated slow relative to others in the race. Although selected using the speed map they are not activated unless race price criteria are met. By the way races of 500 mts or over are excluded
Over the past 30 days I have actively traded on over 1000 races gradually increasing the liability with a profit of $830. However, the last 18 day ( increased liability and activation restrictions) a profit of $627 has been achieved. It may be possible to use speed maps on the UK greys to achieve similar results. I am looking at reducing some activation restrictions since it appears some are unnecessary .
Slow starters based on your criterias usually have very high odds dont they ? :) Especially when it comes to Aussie ghs.
Usually higher than @12.0
newaustralian

Correct in general. However, making sure that the race has a real fav and other tweeting’s (still in progress) I am achieving a win rate over 97%. . With a fix liability per active selection, I am managing the 2,5% of loss races. I think If I was using a fixed bet size per active race money management may become a problem. As I increase the size of the liability actually getting a lay without effecting the odds may be a problem. PS Thanks for the reply
StellaBot

I, at one time manually input greyhounds
trap, first bend time,pos at bends etc,etc
eg slow starters
never been able to scrape or find a scraper
for specifics, including above

;)

It would be helpful for both parties
If 1 can just do the BASICS
ie date ,name , time to first bend,
each bend position, comments,fin pos,
oh and time

Never tried Aus greyhounds
but Im sure same

To add
big "giant colourful spreadsheets or power querys not required"

PM me if not want to comment here
StellaBot

Is it true

Empty cans make most noise?

Lets see ;)
ilovepizza82

Hi Stella,

I could do that for you if its just UK racing. (Pretty much the same data Elvis has apart from fancy looking GUI ). Very cheap as well.
If AU i can only do: dog, time of a race, trap, last 5 finished positions and most importantly early speed as shown in the screenshot.
Check also your inbox. Messaged you .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StellaBot

Hi
Thanks for replying
Is it possible to look at the results from racing post of an individual dog then?
There are 9 "criteria" on RP
Dont know about other sites
eg date ,track etc
Not all reqd
how many and which can you "scrape" focus on?
StellaBot

Or any others
who maybe be able to capture
the 9 variables on RP
or plz let me know which variables
if poss

edit
are catchable
StellaBot

There are 16 variables
on racing post for greyhounds

I assume