greyhound automation

Advanced automation available in Guardian - Chat with others and share files here.
dazzla44

Is it possible to create an automation file to back multiple traps at BSP on greyhound racing? I have looked over the shared files and can find nothing that suits my requirements. Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Archery1969

dazzla44 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:29 pm
Is it possible to create an automation file to back multiple traps at BSP on greyhound racing? I have looked over the shared files and can find nothing that suits my requirements. Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Cheers
Dont think you can on greyhounds as they dont go in-play and when BSP is known the market is closed for betting, unless someone knows differently.
jimibt

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:42 pm
dazzla44 wrote:
Dont think you can on greyhounds as they dont go in-play and when BSP is known the market is closed for betting, unless someone knows differently.
you can create a BSP limit order. however, BA doesn't support that transaction type. I did put in a feature request for it a while back but it seems that there's quite a bit of UI related plumbing that would need to be changed to accomodate this.
Archery1969

jimibt wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:44 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
dazzla44 wrote:
you can create a BSP limit order. however, BA doesn't support that transaction type. I did put in a feature request for it a while back but it seems that there's quite a bit of UI related plumbing that would need to be changed to accomodate this.
Hi Jim, could you not put in a back order in @ 1000 with take sp and a lay order in at 1.01 with take sp ?
jimibt

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:49 pm
jimibt wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:44 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

Hi Jim, could you not put in a back order in @ 1000 with take sp and a lay order in at 1.01 with take sp ?
i doubt it tbh. in another software that i used for the greys, i had to use this limit order function due to there being no equivalent in BA.
Realrocknrolla

dazzla44 wrote:
Do you mean backing EG. Trap 1 and 3 in the same race at BSP???
jamesedwards

Easily done. Place relevant back bets at high odds that won't get matched, eg 100. Then a rule to trigger take SP on unmatched.
1.PNG
2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Realrocknrolla

jamesedwards wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:24 pm
Easily done. Place relevant back bets at high odds that won't get matched, eg 100. Then a rule to trigger take SP on unmatched.

1.PNG
2.PNG
I was gonna suggest this myself as I already do it!
dazzla44

Thanks for the help. Hopefully you have put me onto the right path
dazzla44

So I have just tried this automation and it worked beautifully. Just one question. What would happen if the racing was delayed? Would the bets be stored until the eventual off time? Thanks in advance
Crazyskier

dazzla44 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:08 am
So I have just tried this automation and it worked beautifully. Just one question. What would happen if the racing was delayed? Would the bets be stored until the eventual off time? Thanks in advance
Yes. They are often slow to load / delayed and the SP back bets do get matched 99% of the time. Lay bets are another matter though, in my experience.

CS
newaustralian

After much tweaking I have finally derived a greyhound automation ( Australian market only) that appears to be profitable.
The logic is that a slow starting dog is at a significant disadvantage in a greyhound race . This is most evident in short races.
Final Automation
Select greyhound to lay based on the speed maps only. The lay selection must be designated slow relative to others in the race. Although selected using the speed map they are not activated unless race price criteria are met. By the way races of 500 mts or over are excluded
Over the past 30 days I have actively traded on over 1000 races gradually increasing the liability with a profit of $830. However, the last 18 day ( increased liability and activation restrictions) a profit of $627 has been achieved. It may be possible to use speed maps on the UK greys to achieve similar results. I am looking at reducing some activation restrictions since it appears some are unnecessary .
EonSky

It might be a bit early, but i am finalising an automation spreadsheet and i have the code available to place bets by Odds order, Name order or Trap Order.

The only problem i sthat it is currently integrated into my betting strategy which i dont want to give away just yet.

So i would need to create a new file with just this functionality for anyone wanting it, but only if there is enough takers.

The challenge is then integrating your strategy in which should be easy enough unless you have a load of parameters (like mine)

food for thought
The Silk Run

Tastes GOOD ;)
MemphisFlash

i'm in. always good to see other people's excel contributions. :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Automation”