Place Bet on Same Selection in Win & Place Markets (Template)

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation file that can be used on any sport

The purpose of these two files is to be used as a raw template, there job is simply to trigger a bet/rule on the same selection if its in the same position in both markets. The most obvious use for this would be if you wanted to target the same runner in the win and place markets in horse racing

For demonstration purposes of setting up the files, I've instructed both to place a £10 lay bet on 3rd fav IF the same selection is 3rd fav in both the markets the rules are applied to, obviously you can edit this anyway you want to suit your requirements

There are two files to download at the bottom of this post, each file needs to be applied to a different market type (in the same event), as you can see from the image below from some racing markets, I've applied
Same Selection Template (mkt1) - to the win markets
Same Selection Template (mkt2) - to the place markets

Guardian.JPG

How it works and using the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the 'Same Selection Template (mkt1)' and 'Same Selection Template (mkt2)'.baf' links below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jrmitchell

do I need latest version to upload these rules? Place Bet on Same Selection in Win & Place Markets (Template)
Dallas

jrmitchell wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:14 pm
do I need latest version to upload these rules? Place Bet on Same Selection in Win & Place Markets (Template)
The current official version V1.59 is all that's needed to use this file

But if you have installed the latest V1.60 beta thats fine it will still work in that
TJSN1

Is there a way of storing the odds for each selection and passing them from the win market to the place market using something similar to this? Or would each selection need a separate rule? This is what I've got for storing the odds - I'm wondering if I can configure it so that a bet is placed in the place market based on stored odds in the win market.

Thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by TJSN1 on Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dallas

TJSN1 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:18 pm
Is there a way of storing the odds for each selection and passing them from the place market to the win market using something similar to this? Or would each selection need a separate rule?

Thanks
As in testing the price in one market to trigger a bet in the other?
Or continually store the prices for later analysis and comparing against prices at the same time in the other market?
TJSN1

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:25 pm
TJSN1 wrote:
Is there a way of storing the odds for each selection and passing them from the place market to the win market using something similar to this? Or would each selection need a separate rule?

Thanks
Or continually store the prices for later analysis and comparing against prices at the same time in the other market?
I am trying to continually store the latest prices and use them in the place market to place a bet based on certain conditions. I have uploaded the file I have done so far.
Dallas

TJSN1 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:28 pm
Dallas wrote:
TJSN1 wrote:

Thanks
I am trying to continually store the latest prices and use them in the place market to place a bet based on certain conditions. I have uploaded the file I have done so far.
I'll check the file sometime tomorrow and get back to you as I've already closed BA down for the night and its tricky trying to check something like this via notepad
TJSN1

Dallas wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:39 pm
TJSN1 wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:28 pm
Dallas wrote:

I'll check the file sometime tomorrow and get back to you as I've already closed BA down for the night and its tricky trying to check something like this via notepad
Thanks very much.
TJSN1

Another way I've tried to do this, as per the attached file, is to have a different rule for each selection and to create a separate stored value (so far only for up to 12 selections) and to then have a matching rule for each selection on some automation in the place market to place a bet. However, this is a bit of a clunky way of doing it. I have also found that, checking the logs, for some reason it's not logging the place odds for selections 3 or 5. No idea why.
Dallas

TJSN1 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:44 am
Another way I've tried to do this, as per the attached file, is to have a different rule for each selection and to create a separate stored value (so far only for up to 12 selections) and to then have a matching rule for each selection on some automation in the place market to place a bet. However, this is a bit of a clunky way of doing it. I have also found that, checking the logs, for some reason it's not logging the place odds for selections 3 or 5. No idea why.
TBH that's the way I'd probably do it

You don't have the logging box ticked on those two selections
TJSN1

Dallas wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:40 am
TJSN1 wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:44 am
TBH that's the way I'd probably do it

You don't have the logging box ticked on those two selections
Oh yeah :oops: I hadn't spotted that! Thanks, at least it's working the way I thought it should. Now to test my strategy and find it doesn't return a profit. :)
cmp

Good afternoon,

Is it possible for me to edit this file to apply to a tennis match? But replace the place markets with the set betting markets? I'm looking to back a player pre off then place a back bet in the set markets pre off on the opponent.

Kind regards

Craig

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”