Running Daily Profit & Loss Total - Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

RogerTaurus wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:26 pm
I have been experimenting with this bot and I would like to know if you can turn a negative in to a positive.

For example lets say that the last bet made a loss of -£10. This £10 would then be in the Market_Profit at -10. is there a way to create another stored value automtically by using the £10 value changing the minus into a plus and doubling it?
You could restore the value with the '-' missing but i'm not sure why you'd want to do this if its tracking your P/L for the day?

Or are you looking for a way of doing a martingale and doubling your stake to try and recovery the loss?
If so I'd suggest reading some of the posts in this section first (it will save you a lot of money)
viewforum.php?f=77
RogerTaurus

Thanks for your valued comment Dallas.

Yes I am very aware of the dangers of adopting the Martingale or any other loss recovery system as i know by my research that it will always ultimately fail.

I am running an experiment on combining a single doubling of a loss based on a strategy of finding false favourites and only applying the increased bet once.
I have tried this manually and it works as i am only using a small stake and the increased bet is only 2.5% of my bank.

I just want to experiment to see if automation can be used to make the bets and test it in practice mode.
mtrehearn

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:25 pm
This is excellent Dallas

Little compounding test laying the dogs.
Row 1 - P&L
Row 2 - Virtual bank
Row 3 - Stake @ 1% of virtual bank

Needs tidying and some row title text but works a treat. Bank is off to profit as I made some £'s before creating the bank SV

This looks like a great spreadsheet

Capture.JPG
This is a great looking spreadsheet. How can I get something like this in excel please?
kosh22

Hi
Newbie here playing around with this in practice mode. I am having an issue with horse racing place market. I use the 'Winners columns' layout to show the data in Guardian. This seems work fine for wining markets but, it does not seem to work for place market. More often than not I am seeing a zero for market P&L when there should be actual numbers.

I suspect I am getting myself confused but all I want is accurate P&L in these columns
Dallas

kosh22 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:49 pm
Hi
Newbie here playing around with this in practice mode. I am having an issue with horse racing place market. I use the 'Winners columns' layout to show the data in Guardian. This seems work fine for wining markets but, it does not seem to work for place market. More often than not I am seeing a zero for market P&L when there should be actual numbers.

I suspect I am getting myself confused but all I want is accurate P&L in these columns
Place markets are different to win markets as they have more than one winner so the rule as it currently is won't work on them

tbh I don't bother much with the place markets so without experimenting a bit can't advise the best way of capturing the total P/L's from each market as you'd need to tally each winning selection up
decomez6

eightbo wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:28 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:53 am
Hi Dallas. I might just combine the two strats results and use a % as stake - far easier lol

On another note, I'm seeing intermittent occasions when the winner\loser status isnt returned, so the P&L is never calculated. My educated guess is BF havent returned that data when the "Winner" rule detects the Closed market, only running the once.
I've made a change to run that rule unlimited times, every 15s, until "result" is set with a value - tests well and think that should solve the above issue.

Stu

Winner Edit.baf
Had this problem today. Market never fired as closed. Tried unticking restrict refresh but just didn't want to fire. So setting it to rearm multiple times as suggested in your post doesn't do anything.
I tried at the end of the day so could be possible Betfair winner information is only available for x amount of time after market close??
Will try and keep an eye on it over next few days and be faster to react.

I had 2x instances of BA running the same refresh settings on same markets and I had the bug today on both, but on different races. So a bit concerning:

◘.png

PS Also sniffer if you're interested I had a go at splitting P&L strategies via SV's recently. Unfortunately BA has limited options when working with matched bet information so you're out of luck if placing bets from outside BA. I hit a wall on this project recently and switched projects but may come back to it.

I'll do a proper BA Feature request on the forums if necessary after I've finished (or cancelled) my project, but the ability to link a Stored Value to orders (bet refs) produced by Place Back/Lay Bet rules would be a good start, accompanied by the ability to check matched bet information by a specified matched bet ref.
This Bot is an absolute must. I personally think should be an in-built feature in Bet Angel. Ive been using excel to perform similar calculations.

Download the multiple reports found in Guardian into EXCEL power query . the files found here dont seem to have a problem with a gap created by late winner announcements .eg when you have a photo finish . i assume they only update when a definite winner is declared .
export market reports.PNG
Then select and transfer the Query results of all winners (P&L ) into one Chronologically arranged sheet.
Giving the ability to calculate the running Total and a Historical Graph which shows the performance of the Bot.

NB : I think the Bot will experience some mis calculations if the box below is not ticked

Retain matched bet information.PNG

reason being the Set Profit SV is looking for the information from the fav. after the market is closed.
Set Total profit SV.PNG

THANKS again Dallas :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ajanthony

Hello Dallas,
Has a solution been found to recording profit and loss correctly. I have read the previous posts but the level of discussion about rules and conditions is above my skill level at this point.
I wasn't going to worry about some wins and losses not being recorded in practise mode but it is annoying me now as going through all the logs to find errors is time consuming.
I am using your original set up for setting up lists and P and L in guardian.
All works fine in live mode.
Any help appreciated.
Regards,
Anthony
Dallas

ajanthony wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:18 pm
Hello Dallas,
Has a solution been found to recording profit and loss correctly. I have read the previous posts but the level of discussion about rules and conditions is above my skill level at this point.
I wasn't going to worry about some wins and losses not being recorded in practise mode but it is annoying me now as going through all the logs to find errors is time consuming.
I am using your original set up for setting up lists and P and L in guardian.
All works fine in live mode.
Any help appreciated.
Regards,
Anthony
The storing of profit and loss has always worked correctly, when the Win Status was added in V1.59 as a Stored Value there were some issues uncovered in the first beta version which would effect the P/L when not being retrieved but this was quickly fixed and has been working fine since going on General release
iggypop37

just seen how this is working now. different to my normal type of rules I use but can see the logic
Dallas

iggypop37 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:05 am
just seen how this is working now. different to my normal type of rules I use but can see the logic
Often the case once you see something done in a different way for the first time
pete355

I can't download this bot on my computer for some reason, its looking for an App to download it. I thought it should just download automatically
This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use any and all types of markets

The purpose of the bot is to record your Profit/loss after each market once Betfair closes and settles the market, it will then keep a running total of your profit/loss throughout the day and write those to you Bet Angel log after each market closes

Here is an example of how it would look in your log after each race, there is a stored value for the profit/loss from that market, and below that a stored value with the total profit and loss for all todays markets so far

01/04/2022 13:30:04: [G_Auto 1] : Store Value (Shared) for Ami Desbois: Market_Profit = 15.78
01/04/2022 13:30:04: [G_Auto 1] : Store Value (Shared) for Bet Angel: Total_Profit = 15.78 + -6.53 = 9.25

I've created this as a bare template so it only goes as far as recording those values, its then up to you how you want to use those values.

For example if you just wanted to see what your daily total was so far you could just check on them in your log as shown above or you could display them on your One-Click, Ladder, Guardian trading screens etc (i'll be adding some ladder and one-click settings files to do this over the weekend)

Or you can use them as part of your parameters and/or conditions of other rules

NB; to use this settings profile you will need to be using the new Bet Angel v1.59 which can be downloaded from the following page which also contains full details of all new options and features which have been added
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=25251

How it works and using the Rules File
Once you have it imported into your Guardian you can edit those (or any other parts of the file) anyway you want or remove them and add your own rules to use the recent form very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for a more detailed explanation on how each rule works and how it may be connected/linked to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Downloading and Importing the Files
To use the file just click on the 'Running Profit and Loss Total.baf' link below and that will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click on a rules file as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the pick list area just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
[/quote]
Dallas

pete355 wrote:
Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:02 pm
I can't download this bot on my computer for some reason, its looking for an App to download it. I thought it should just download automatically
This is a basic Guardian automation rule for use any and all types of markets
When you click on the file your windows should download it, usually to your windows download folder

You then need to import it into your Bet Angel as shown in the image next to the download link
Blackpowder64

sniffer66 wrote:
This is excellent Dallas

Row 1 - P&L
Row 2 - Virtual bank

Needs tidying and some row title text but works a treat. Bank is off to profit as I made some £'s before creating the bank SV

Capture.JPG
How do you get that screen setup for your greyhounds
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Blackpowder64 on Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sniffer66

Blackpowder64 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:09 pm
sniffer66 wrote:
This is excellent Dallas

Row 1 - P&L
Row 2 - Virtual bank

Capture.JPG
How do you get that screen setup for your greyhounds
It's a watch list with the alert columns containing the BA level P&L SV as per Dallas' instructions, and also adding each races P&L to a BA level virtual bank SV, that is in the next alert column down.

The BAF then calculates 1% of the virtual bank to place as the stake for the next race. So it's compounding based on results
ShaunWhite

sniffer66 wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2023 4:22 pm
The BAF then calculates 1% of the virtual bank to place as the stake for the next race. So it's compounding based on results
You'll find in a live situation the markets are too small to mess about with compounding. The problem will be getting as much on as you can whenever you want. Compounding or staking plans mean your average stake isn't as high as it could be if you were maximising your edge.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”