Running Daily Profit & Loss Total - Guardian Automation Bot

MemphisFlash

you can have upto 5 automations running on each market.
so just set your profit/loss bot to rules 2 and remember to show the corresponding column
on your display.
Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gareth75

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 6:22 am
so just set your profit/loss bot to rules 2 and remember to show the corresponding column
on your display.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG
Awesome Memphis. Really appreciate your reply . Thanks
gareth75

MemphisFlash wrote:
on your display.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG
HI Memphis
I'm sorry but I'm still not quite understanding this. I have selected all markets and put my automations into AUTOMATION RULES 1column.
I have then set the profit bot to rules 2 but cannot see this rule in a column? it just still shows my automation rules.
do I need to add another AUTOMATION RULES column ?
if so how do I create one. Thanks
betange4.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sniffer66

gareth75 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:38 am
MemphisFlash wrote:
on your display.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG
HI Memphis
I'm sorry but I'm still not quite understanding this. I have selected all markets and put my automations into AUTOMATION RULES 1column.
I have then set the profit bot to rules 2 but cannot see this rule in a column? it just still shows my automation rules.
if so how do I create one. Thanksbetange4.JPG
Guardian, List menu. Then in the Layout pane, click the first grey column icon. Then tick the addional rules columns so they show in Guardian
gareth75

sniffer66 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:40 am
gareth75 wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 11:38 am
MemphisFlash wrote:
on your display.

Capture.JPG

Capture1.JPG
HI Memphis
if so how do I create one. Thanksbetange4.JPG
Guardian, List menu. Then in the Layout pane, click the first grey column icon. Then tick the addional rules columns so they show in Guardian
Thanks Sniffer. Really appreciate your reply with instructions & I’ve just done it . Thanks so much 👍
Shaung89

Hi Dallas,

If you wanted this to work such that you compound BOTs staking strategy in the same account as you use to manually trade how would you create the staking part...

I thought I would try to use the BOT PnL (SV Total_Profit) to calculate BOT liability as % of BOT Bank. For example, if I trade manually with £500 bank but also run a BOT where im happy to use £200 as the bank...

Add new stored value called 'BANK' into my usual BOT
BANK = Total_Profit (stored value) + 200 (starting bank)

Then for the BOT(s) in questions which parameters do I use to calculate say 1% of starting bank as my stake (or as liability)...
sniffer66

Shaung89 wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:57 pm
Hi Dallas,

If you wanted this to work such that you compound BOTs staking strategy in the same account as you use to manually trade how would you create the staking part...

I thought I would try to use the BOT PnL (SV Total_Profit) to calculate BOT liability as % of BOT Bank. For example, if I trade manually with £500 bank but also run a BOT where im happy to use £200 as the bank...

Add new stored value called 'BANK' into my usual BOT
BANK = Total_Profit (stored value) + 200 (starting bank)

Then for the BOT(s) in questions which parameters do I use to calculate say 1% of starting bank as my stake (or as liability)...
Store your bank on market close, as you've layed out above. Then just store the next stake as x% x the bank, once it's set on each market close. That gives you a BA SV to use as your stake in your next markets entry rule
Capture.JPG
Batman

sniffer66 wrote:
Tue Apr 05, 2022 4:25 pm
This is excellent Dallas

Little compounding test laying the dogs.
Row 1 - P&L
Row 2 - Virtual bank
Row 3 - Stake @ 1% of virtual bank

Needs tidying and some row title text but works a treat. Bank is off to profit as I made some £'s before creating the bank SV

Capture.JPG
Hey Sniier,

Where/how do you get this result displaying like this?

Lee
Dallas

Batman wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:44 am
sniffer66 wrote:
This is excellent Dallas

Row 1 - P&L
Row 2 - Virtual bank

Needs tidying and some row title text but works a treat. Bank is off to profit as I made some £'s before creating the bank SV

Capture.JPG
Hey Sniier,

Lee
Great choice of username :D

A bit surprised its gone all this time and not be taken until now
sniffer66

Batman wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 5:44 am
sniffer66 wrote:
This is excellent Dallas

Row 1 - P&L
Row 2 - Virtual bank

Capture.JPG
Hey Sniier,

Lee
Save the result\P&L etc SV's as a single text SV, combining them together with prefixes\suffixes i.e "£"
Then use an alert rule to run every x seconds, placing the text SV in the required row, in the watch list the baf is applied to i.e Row 1
jamesedwards

Dallas wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:47 pm
Hi Dallas. Is there any way to get the P&L to work in markets with more than one winner, eg place markets? With this rule I think it reports the correct profit in a profitable market but reports 0 if there is a loss?
Dallas

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:38 pm
Dallas wrote:
Hi Dallas. Is there any way to get the P&L to work in markets with more than one winner, eg place markets? With this rule I think it reports the correct profit in a profitable market but reports 0 if there is a loss?
TBH I'm not sure, I don't really bother with anything other than win markets but will try and have a look over the next few days see if there is a way of using it
eightbo

jamesedwards wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:38 pm
Dallas wrote:
Don't do much place stuff myself but from the top of my head you would:
1. Set a stored value as text "WinStatus" for EVERY selection with condition mkt = closed (similar to file) ...and Store SV P&L (for mkt) = 0 for use in next rule
2. Have a second rule fire 1 time on EVERY selection with SV condition WinStatus = Winner ...and set P&L = P&L + (Selection's profit & loss)
3. Do whatever you want with P&L in a 3rd rule (after rule 2 has cycled through all selections)
eightbo

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:53 am
Hi Dallas. I might just combine the two strats results and use a % as stake - far easier lol

On another note, I'm seeing intermittent occasions when the winner\loser status isnt returned, so the P&L is never calculated. My educated guess is BF havent returned that data when the "Winner" rule detects the Closed market, only running the once.
I've made a change to run that rule unlimited times, every 15s, until "result" is set with a value - tests well and think that should solve the above issue.

Stu

Winner Edit.baf
Had this problem today. Market never fired as closed. Tried unticking restrict refresh but just didn't want to fire. So setting it to rearm multiple times as suggested in your post doesn't do anything.
I tried at the end of the day so could be possible Betfair winner information is only available for x amount of time after market close??
Will try and keep an eye on it over next few days and be faster to react.

I had 2x instances of BA running the same refresh settings on same markets and I had the bug today on both, but on different races. So a bit concerning:
◘.png

PS Also sniffer if you're interested I had a go at splitting P&L strategies via SV's recently. Unfortunately BA has limited options when working with matched bet information so you're out of luck if placing bets from outside BA. I hit a wall on this project recently and switched projects but may come back to it.

I'll do a proper BA Feature request on the forums if necessary after I've finished (or cancelled) my project, but the ability to link a Stored Value to orders (bet refs) produced by Place Back/Lay Bet rules would be a good start, accompanied by the ability to check matched bet information by a specified matched bet ref.
RogerTaurus

I have been experimenting with this bot and I would like to know if you can turn a negative in to a positive.

For example lets say that the last bet made a loss of -£10. This £10 would then be in the Market_Profit at -10. is there a way to create another stored value automtically by using the £10 value changing the minus into a plus and doubling it?

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”