Place a bet when price has been reached without having to change settings every time !

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
north-star48

Hi I would like some advice on the following.

I want to to set up a servant so when a price has been reached I want the servant to place an opening trade but ONLY when the price has been reached and not before.

However I want to be able to manually select this price on the ladder and get the servant to place this bet when the price reaches this point without having to go into settings every time.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks.
Eamonn.
ANGELS15

Not sure why you would need a servant as you can manually place your opening trade anywhere you want on the ladder and it would only be matched if the price moved to it?
north-star48

Let's say the current price is at 3.85 and I want to open with a back bet only when the price reaches 3.6.

If I place it on the ladder like you said the market would automatically accept it which makes no sense but sorry I should have explained.

However What I want to do is place the opening trade WHEN the price reaches 3.6 for instance however sometimes you can just miss the price so...

So do you know how to do this ? :D
Dallas

north-star48 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:49 am
Hi I would like some advice on the following.

I want to to set up a servant so when a price has been reached I want the servant to place an opening trade but ONLY when the price has been reached and not before.

However I want to be able to manually select this price on the ladder and get the servant to place this bet when the price reaches this point without having to go into settings every time.

Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks.
Eamonn.
This servant does exactly what you are after
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=16235
Tuco

...is there a better servant than Dallas :lol:
north-star48

I'll have a look at that.
Thank you Dallas !
north-star48

Hello Dalas,

I have been using the above servant and I have been playing around with it for the last week and I am having difficulties with the following that I would be very happy if you could help.

When I place a lay bet hoping to catch a drift I find it useful to also place the context servant back bet at the same price with the aim to scratch the trade if it goes against me just using a simple short cut key for efficiency using the ladder.

The problem I am experiencing is when the price reaches 1 tick away from the (scratch)context back bet, The bet is taken even before the price drops.

Any Ideas on how I can fix this OR anybody else can help ?

Warm Regards.
Eamonn :D
Dallas

north-star48 wrote:
Thu May 06, 2021 9:58 pm

When I place a lay bet hoping to catch a drift I find it useful to also place the context servant back bet at the same price with the aim to scratch the trade if it goes against me just using a simple short cut key for efficiency using the ladder.

Can you define that a bit more?
ie under what conditions/circumstances are you wanting to trigger the back bet?
just placing it at the same time just means you'll either be scratching your own trade every time or risking only one side being matched before it goes against you
north-star48

Hi Dalas

The ladder is reversed so for argument sake lets say the back is 2.1 and the lay is 2.08.

lets say the bottom of the range is 2.08 and the price didn't reach 2.06 all day and there is a lot of volume matched above and the bulk is matched within the few prices above and want to catch the bottom of the range but don't want to get caught on the negative side of a steam should it break the bottom range.

If I place the context back bet at 2.08 where the lay bet is yes I am getting ticked out of my own trade.
What I want to do is...

Can I set up a servant to ONLY place the context back bet for WHEN money first begins to enter the price of 2.08 where I want to back closing trade to go ?

Thanks,
Eamonn
Dallas

north-star48 wrote:
Fri May 07, 2021 8:43 pm
Hi Dalas

The ladder is reversed so for argument sake lets say the back is 2.1 and the lay is 2.08.

lets say the bottom of the range is 2.08 and the price didn't reach 2.06 all day and there is a lot of volume matched above and the bulk is matched within the few prices above and want to catch the bottom of the range but don't want to get caught on the negative side of a steam should it break the bottom range.

If I place the context back bet at 2.08 where the lay bet is yes I am getting ticked out of my own trade.
What I want to do is...

Can I set up a servant to ONLY place the context back bet for WHEN money first begins to enter the price of 2.08 where I want to back closing trade to go ?

Thanks,
Eamonn
Even though the ladder display is reverse it can still only be
2.1 lay price
2.08 back price

So to place your back bet at 2.08 it would either be fully matched against the money waiting or part matched in which case the remainder will be left at that price making the new prices
2.08 lay price
2.06 back price

You can configure the servant so that it initially only places the back bet at 2.08 if someone else starts backing at that price first but there's still the problem of when you'd scratch it?
north-star48

Hello Dalas,
Thanks for getting back to me and yes that's right exactly :D

So How can I set this up to ONLY place the context back bet WHEN it starts to be backed at the intended price ?

Warm Regards,
Eamonn.
north-star48

Hello Dalas, I hope all is well !

I was hoping you could continue on from where we left off last time.
I would be very happy If you could help me solve the problem I am having.

*To ONLY place the context bet when its being backed at the intended price.

Thanks,
Eamonn.
Dallas

north-star48 wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 7:42 pm
Hello Dalas,
Thanks for getting back to me and yes that's right exactly :D

So How can I set this up to ONLY place the context back bet WHEN it starts to be backed at the intended price ?

Warm Regards,
Eamonn.
You'd add a 'Stored Value Condition'
to test the selections back price
is greater than or equal to
selections servant context price
north-star48

Thanks Dalas for getting back to me.

I Should have mentioned I am new to automation and using servants :?

Would you give me some instructions Dalas so I can I set this up would be a great help as I already tried many times and had no idea what I was doing.

Thanks again.
Regards Eamonn.
Dallas

north-star48 wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 8:18 pm
Thanks Dalas for getting back to me.

I Should have mentioned I am new to automation and using servants :?

Would you give me some instructions Dalas so I can I set this up would be a great help as I already tried many times and had no idea what I was doing.

Thanks again.
Regards Eamonn.
I'll post a screenshot in the morning if I remember, if not bump the thread in the afternoon and i'll do it before closing it down for the evening

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”