Servant - SP Pool

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
noloosechange

Hi guys,

New to using Betangel Servant, just wondering if that's possible to back a horse for certain profit by backing/laying into Betfair SP Pool using Servant? Even by any means taking a 10% haircut.

Any advice?

Many thanks
Dallas

I'm not 100% sure what you mean but you can create a servant (or just place a regular bet) using the staking method 'By Liability (Back & Lay)', that will allow you to set the amount you want to make, but you'll need to submit the bet before SP so it will be calculated from the price you place it at.
Or you can place it at the SP price afterwards and get exactly the amount you want to win but there may be times the horse gets off to a flyer and never trades at its SP again
noloosechange

Thanks for your time Dallas.

If I create a servant which will place bet using the staking method 'By Liability (Back & Lay)' that will only allow me to place the bet at the current or my desired prices which is not I want.

I want to create a servant which will place back/lay bet into the BSP pool obviously pre off which is different to when we tick on take SP. For example if I place a back/lay bet into the BSP pool, that money goes into the pool and is visible to everyone. But if I just place a normal bet and tick take SP, that money/stake doesn't go in to the pool and isn't visible to anyone so when the race starts it will just surprise the market and I will not get a fair price because of higher back/lay stake. If the money is visible in the BSP pool, people are more likely to match me in the pool. Taking SP and and backing/laying in to the BSP are two different things as money isn't visible in the pool when we tick SP. Hope I am making sense?

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”