Servant help please.

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
Bet007

Hi Guys,

Was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me out on some trouble I am having trying to make a servant?

I read a great article posted on the Bet Angel Twitter account last night (written by someone called Dallas). It was about using a gaming mouse to implement servants quickly. The article talks about an emerging runner servant and I thought, what a great idea. So I sat down tonight and read through the BA user guide. I read all the servant pages and the automation pages and I still can’t work out how to it.

I want to basically add a back bet (to any runner) that the servant identifies has dropped 10 ticks in say 5 seconds. These are just test figures for now, I will play about with them to refine it. I intend to offset it at different values also, but for now, I’m just trying to get the basic premise set up in a servant, which is creating the rule of backing a horse that drops 10 ticks in 5 seconds.

How do I do this? When I have gone in to create the servant, I can add info in to the general tab and the parameters tab, but where do I actually add the rules(s) that say to place the back bet when a horse drops 10 ticks in 5 seconds? Is this in the condition tab? Do I enter it in some kind of stored value? If not, how do I add this basic rule please, I can’t figure it out?

Also, would my thinking be correct in how I am going about creating this type of rule for an emerging runner. Is backing a horse after it drops ‘x’ amount of ticks in ‘x’ amount of seconds the correct way of thinking and going about creating an emerging runner from the field servant?

If someone could help me out, or point me in the right direction, it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks
Jim Royle

i`d imagine someone called Dallas will be answering this querry for you pretty soon ( he`s the main man on here ;) )
Dallas

Bet007 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:25 pm

I want to basically add a back bet (to any runner) that the servant identifies has dropped 10 ticks in say 5 seconds. These are just test figures for now, I will play about with them to refine it. I intend to offset it at different values also, but for now, I’m just trying to get the basic premise set up in a servant, which is creating the rule of backing a horse that drops 10 ticks in 5 seconds.

How do I do this? When I have gone in to create the servant, I can add info in to the general tab and the parameters tab, but where do I actually add the rules(s) that say to place the back bet when a horse drops 10 ticks in 5 seconds? Is this in the condition tab? Do I enter it in some kind of stored value? If not, how do I add this basic rule please, I can’t figure it out?

The condition you need to add is an 'Historical Relative odds Condition', that will allow you to test one or more runners over your specified period of time,
ie, you could add two of these conditions one to test the fav has drifted 20 ticks in 5 secs and another to test ANY selection has shortened 30 ticks in 3 secs etc
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/his ... _odds.html

There is also this automated example which is along similar lines and should give you something to copy/work from
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=12060
Bet007

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.. I will have a look at the examples over the coming days and have a play about with the settings.

Many thanks 👍

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”