Safety servant to help with discipline

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
Green Squirrel

Hi all,

Hope you're all doing well in those difficult times.

I've been a Bet Angel user for a short while and this is my first post on this forum. So please be kind :D .
I've figured out a lot of Bet Angel settings myself by looking at video's and doing research on this forum. But now I'm a bit stuck and would kindly call for your help.

I've made a servant that when placing a Back/Lay bet automatically places the green up bets at 20%. I use this IR-Horses. Works perfectly.
But like many people I sometimes lack the discipline to cut my losses when the trade goes against me. So I wanted to make a servant that does it for me :-).

Maybe I should explain by an example. So for this example I'm doing a L2B IR Horses.

Let's say Horse X his price is 4.00 to Lay IR. So I press my L2B button on the One-Click screen. Automatically the Lay bet gets place at 4.00. My Lay bets are placed with Liability of let say £50. So I would have -£49,98 on the selected Horse X and would have £16.66 green on all the other horses.
But at the same time a Back bet at 20% of the initial Lay place get placed. So in this example @4.8. The stake gets calculated automatically to have equal green all over the book. This works perfectly.

I've also made a button to cut my losses manually when the trade goes against me. When pressing the "Close" button this cancels all my unmatched bets and spread the loss over the whole book for equal loss. Works perfectly.
But ... as I've mentioned in my introduction, the discipline to press this "Close" button is not always there :lol:

So I want to automate this "Close" button. Let's say that when the loss on the whole book is -30% of my liability. In this example the "cut off" point would be when the overal loss is -£15.

I've tried multiple setting but I just can't seem to get it working.

Thank you so much for your help.
Dallas

Welcome, and thanks for posting
This should do exactly what your after
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=20089
Green Squirrel

Thanks for you answer Dallas.

I've tried that on but nothing happens when I press the button
Dallas

Green Squirrel wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:09 pm
Thanks for you answer Dallas.

I've tried that on but nothing happens when I press the button
Did you copy the rules into your file or use as a stand along servant with its own start shortcut key?

Have you checked your log to ensure its started ok?
Green Squirrel

It starts but no bets are placed.
Dallas

Green Squirrel wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:15 pm
It starts but no bets are placed.
Its not meant to place any bets, you need to still do that
It monitors your P/L based on the amount of matched bets you have and exits if your P/L exceed the amounts set

Basically it does the following
Green Squirrel wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:24 am
So I want to automate this "Close" button. Let's say that when the loss on the whole book is -30% of my liability. In this example the "cut off" point would be when the overal loss is -£15.
Green Squirrel

I'm sorry, but I have no clue how this works than.... So you first need to activate it and than put your bet?

Is it correct it only works once?
Dallas

Green Squirrel wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:45 pm
I'm sorry, but I have no clue how this works than.... So you first need to activate it and than put your bet?

Is it correct it only works once?
Once started it sits there and watches your P/L and if it exceeds the loss% it triggers and closes the trade.
Which is what I though you wanted? (it to auto close at a loss%)

Doesn't matter if you place bets with a Servant, automation or manually, you can even copy the rules from this servant into your own so you don't need to start a 2nd servant
Green Squirrel

Hey,

I really appreciate all your help.

But its not very clear at all how this works. So for each race, before I even place a bet I need to activate this? correct?
What if I do multiple horse?
Dallas

Green Squirrel wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:57 pm
Hey,

I really appreciate all your help.

But its not very clear at all how this works. So for each race, before I even place a bet I need to activate this? correct?
What if I do multiple horse?
It looks at each runner individually (whichever you start it on) or if you put the rules into your existing servant you don't have to do anything your not already doing
Green Squirrel

In theorie this does what I want but in combination with my servant it doesn't work. I don't understand why its so difficult. I used to use Geeks Toy and there is was fixed in a second.
Dallas

Its a straight forward rule that exits when the loss% you set is reached so no reason why it shouldn't work with any other Servant
I you upload you servant i'll double check it

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”