servant that triggers runner selection via keyboard help.

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
bokka77

G'day,

I'm trying to to trigger back and lay bets via the the 'F" and "num" keys.

i.e when i press F1 it backs runner 1, press F3, backs runner 3, Press 1 would lay runner 1 and 3 would lay runner 3. and so on...

ideally i don't want the mouse context active. i'd much prefer leave the mouse out of it.

my problems are
1. when you assign the keys it forces the mouse context active.
2. F11 appears to assign F1 (could be my keyboard problem)
3. Using the betfair position to assign selections is causing order problems when there is scratching.

Any help or direction would massively appreciated being a newbie..
Dallas

Apply the back bet rule to Betfair row 1 and assign that servant to key 1
Then apply the lay bet rule to Betfair row 1 and assign that servant to key F1

Apply the back bet rule to Betfair row 2 and assign that servant to key 2
Then apply the lay bet rule to Betfair row 2 and assign that servant to key F2

and so on

You could also run a fix order rule before using any of the servants depending how far out you are trading and what your strategy involves
bokka77

Thanks Dallas. Your a legend!
So when the mouse position is over a different runner from the key press it registers as a log (red dot appears). will that cause me any issues?

I'll try create that other servant. I guess i should make that trigger as in-play starts and at time intervals before the start? Do you have suggestions on that please?
bokka77

How would I apply the fix order to match horse by saddle cloth?
The Aus markets have the saddle cloth in the name but uk markets obviously dont.

Do i need to create two set of rules for either type of country market? and how?

My strategy is the bet applies to the horse I'm watching in play and trigger the bet on say runner 6 by saddle cloth.

As im ordinary using a mouse. im left handed and you grow up forced to use the right for mouse you adapt but never as good with either hand as you could if that makes sense.

im pressing keys and currently by betfair position its not matching saddle number on the screen.

Has there been any thoughts on midi controller used for bet angel as i think some of the controllers ive got for music production or used as the idea base or could be adapted and make the whole thing next level especially with in play and triggering servants ect?
Dallas

bokka77 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:56 am
Thanks Dallas. Your a legend!
So when the mouse position is over a different runner from the key press it registers as a log (red dot appears). will that cause me any issues?

I'll try create that other servant. I guess i should make that trigger as in-play starts and at time intervals before the start? Do you have suggestions on that please?
No, thats just showing the servant has started and now stopped on that runner

If you only intend to use it in-play it wouldn't harm to arm it just in-play, then if you accidentally start it before hand you'll see an amber dot so you can cancel it if needed
Dallas

bokka77 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:33 am
How would I apply the fix order to match horse by saddle cloth?
The Aus markets have the saddle cloth in the name but uk markets obviously dont.

Do i need to create two set of rules for either type of country market? and how?

My strategy is the bet applies to the horse I'm watching in play and trigger the bet on say runner 6 by saddle cloth.

As im ordinary using a mouse. im left handed and you grow up forced to use the right for mouse you adapt but never as good with either hand as you could if that makes sense.

im pressing keys and currently by betfair position its not matching saddle number on the screen.

Has there been any thoughts on midi controller used for bet angel as i think some of the controllers ive got for music production or used as the idea base or could be adapted and make the whole thing next level especially with in play and triggering servants ect?
The fix order rule won't include (or look at) saddle cloth numbers.

If you are betting on runners by saddle cloth that should be the same as Betfair row index for Aus racing (i don't think they ever re-sort?)

But when it comes to UK racing are you still betting by saddle cloth number or something else?

I'm not to familiar with exactly how a misi controller works but if you can map keyboard keys to it then it should already be possible.
In addition to a gaming mouse I currently use a 'Stream Deck' and have dozens of servants assigned to buttons for each different sport as well as many other frequent actions I do in Bet Angel like opening Guardian, changing settings/layout profiles
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elgato-Stream- ... B06W2KLM3S

Or you can use any similar sort of gaming pad
bokka77

What does the fix order actually do then? re-order by odds, just like the button labelled "123"?

being able bet and lay by saddle cloth eliminates time and miss clicks. when a horse stumbles on a fence i want to be able lay it. In Australia our races are 955 - 2000m with the bulk being 1000-1600 so if a horse misses the start i want to be able to lay when it misses the start and not have to study names and jockey colors ans move the mouse accordingly.

why is it so difficult to do this? at the very least i should be able assign runners to number without having create a rule for every runner and manually assign it every race? Is there any way to do this.

if I assign an action to a key why cant I turn off the mouse context for that action?

it works fantastic with the cricket bbl as there is only two outcomes. its that quick that i can get a bet on just slightly behind the court siders.
jamesedwards

I would love to be able to program in-running key presses to associate to saddle cloth numbers but I don't think this is possible as as soon as there is a non-runner the saddle cloth numbers go out of sync. Is this correct or is there a way around it?

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”