Automation/ Servant not working as expected

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
Bet007

Hi,

I wonder if anyone can advise me on the following please. It looks to me that everything is set up fine, but it's just not working when I try it.

Basically, I have created a Servant/Automation rule to lay the fav in a race at 15 if it hits a condition which states LTP is 10 or greater. So fav hits 10, then the lay bet goes in at 15 on the fav.

Servant
I have created this as a servant and attached it to my Space bar key. I watch the race and hit Space when I think it is about to drift. The servant activates and the dot appears, however, that's it, nothing else happens. I look at the log afterwards and it states that an Automation Servant was started a 'x' time, but straight away after that it says that the Automation Servant was stopped at exactly the same time. So I am assuming that is why it isn't working, cos as soon as I start it, it stops itself.

Automation
I then tried just adding the rule to the market in Guardian and applying it to the market. I tried the rule with the the original 'by position in order of favouritism number 1', but when this didn't work, I tried actually nominating the name of the fav horse in the general and condition tabs, and it still isn't working. In fact, unlike the Servant version, the automation isn't even starting and I don't know why.

Would anyone mind looking at the attached screenshots of the rule and just confirm if what I am wanting it to do is correct, or if I have set it up wrong?

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

First you need to change the arm time of your rule, at them moment its set to arm and disarm after 0 secs, so will never be able to trigger, if you want it active the whole race change it to arm;
From 00:00:00 Till 00:10:00

Also the fav is never going to be greater than 10 except in larger fields with 30+ runners like the Grand National

If you want to target the pre-off fav if it goes above 10 during the race you need to add a' 'Fix Order of Market Selection' and arm that to trigger once at the time you want to lock the order they are in
ie, at post time, or as they go in-running etc

Your rule will then trigger if the pre-off fav goes above 10
Bet007

Dallas wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:12 pm
First you need to change the arm time of your rule, at them moment its set to arm and disarm after 0 secs, so will never be able to trigger, if you want it active the whole race change it to arm;
From 00:00:00 Till 00:10:00

Also the fav is never going to be greater than 10 except in larger fields with 30+ runners like the Grand National

If you want to target the pre-off fav if it goes above 10 during the race you need to add a' 'Fix Order of Market Selection' and arm that to trigger once at the time you want to lock the order they are in
ie, at post time, or as they go in-running etc

Your rule will then trigger if the pre-off fav goes above 10
Hi Dallas,

Thanks for the reply. I have made amendments but I still can not get it to work.

Lay Rule - I have changed it so it will run for 10 mins in-play.

Fix the Order - I have set up a Fix the Order rule to trigger once the race starts, not sure if it's correct.

When the race starts, I watch the race and hit the Space bar button, the servant now starts and doesn't stop straight away, like before, but nothing else happens, once the fav drifts. It still isn't firing in any bets. I've attached a log of two races to show the servant starting once I hit the Space bar, but no bets are placed. Both the favs in these races drifted and lost, so the bets should have been fired into the market (whether they get matched is another thing), but they should have been fired in, and they just aren't.

Would you mind looking at the screenshots and seeing if I'm still doing something wrong?

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Do you have any conditions on the Fix market order rule?
There should be none

Also I thought you only wanted to lay the pre off fav if it drifted?
Looking at your log it looks like you are targeting certain runners by having the rule applied to Servant context (sometimes more than one in a race)
Bet007

Dallas wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:33 pm
There should be none

Looking at your log it looks like you are targeting certain runners by having the rule applied to Servant context (sometimes more than one in a race)
Hi Dallas,

No I have no conditions on the Fix the Order, only the general tab is populated.

Yes, I only want to lay teh fav. It's actually just worked there on a race, but it laid the 2nd fav instead. No idea why? Also, the reason it worked that time is I started the servant before the race started and that allowed it to trigger the bets in to the market for some reason. When I start the Servant inplay based on what I see (which is how I want to trigger the servant, as I want to watch how the race is panning out before pressing the Space bar), it doesn't seem to work.

I read on the forum that it shouldn't matter when using Fix the Order which horse you start the Servant on, as it's one of the few rules that applies to the whole market.

In the log I triggered it servant on multiple runners to see what would happen, as it shouldn't matter which horse I trigger the Servant on, the rul is telling it to only lay the fav, but as you have stated and can see, it is actually triggering on whichever horse I start it on, even tho the rule is telling it to start on the fav.

I'm just lost with it all now tbh.
Dabbla

Try changing the fixed odds condition to, Nominated > context price, its probably looking at the actual favourite. Not 100% though.

It’s also good practice to put your bet rules, below rules that sort the market and that are used in you bet rules.
Dallas

Bet007 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:47 pm
Dallas wrote:
There should be none

Hi Dallas,

No I have no conditions on the Fix the Order, only the general tab is populated.

Yes, I only want to lay teh fav. It's actually just worked there on a race, but it laid the 2nd fav instead. No idea why? Also, the reason it worked that time is I started the servant before the race started and that allowed it to trigger the bets in to the market for some reason. When I start the Servant inplay based on what I see (which is how I want to trigger the servant, as I want to watch how the race is panning out before pressing the Space bar), it doesn't seem to work.

I read on the forum that it shouldn't matter when using Fix the Order which horse you start the Servant on, as it's one of the few rules that applies to the whole market.

In the log I triggered it servant on multiple runners to see what would happen, as it shouldn't matter which horse I trigger the Servant on, the rul is telling it to only lay the fav, but as you have stated and can see, it is actually triggering on whichever horse I start it on, even tho the rule is telling it to start on the fav.

It shouldn't make any difference but its best just to leave the apply to option to the default 'Betfair Row 1' on rules that effect all selections when not using any condition

Also as you are fixing the order when it goes in-play go into your main settings and set the fav sort to 'Actual SP'

The reason you probably had it trigger on the 2nd fav is when a market goes in play most of the money is pulled briefly so for a brief second or two the order of favouritism by price could literally be anything

Capture.JPG
Dabbla

Ignore that, I thought you were starting the bet with a servant context, Although, I would use ANY on the fix order rule.
Bet007

Dallas wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:58 pm
Bet007 wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:47 pm
Dallas wrote:
There should be none

Hi Dallas,

It shouldn't make any difference but its best just to leave the apply to option to the default 'Betfair Row 1' on rules that effect all selections when not using any condition

Also as you are fixing the order when it goes in-play go into your main settings and set the fav sort to 'Actual SP'

The reason you probably had it trigger on the 2nd fav is when a market goes in play most of the money is pulled briefly so for a brief second or two the order of favouritism by price could literally be anything

Capture.JPG
Thanks Dallas. I will try this tomorrow.
Bet007

Dabbla wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:03 pm
Ignore that, I thought you were starting the bet with a servant context, Although, I would use ANY on the fix order rule.
Ok, thanks for taking the time to respond.

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”