Rule type : stop this servant ?

Servants, just tap your bell to call them.
decomez6

how to nominate a servant ? with or without applying a servant context.

---is there a way to have conditions targeted towards a servant . e.g stop servant X when certain conditions are met.

stopping a servant rule type.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dabbla

Add the (Stop servant rule) to the servant. Then use SV conditions to trigger the stop rule from another file.
E.g. when the conditions in Guardian are met, Store a Market SV shared STOP=1 .
Then use that SV in a condition to trigger the stop rule .

I would use (Stored value SET condition).
In the Stop rule add a (clear a SV) = STOP. Otherwise, next time you use the servant, it will just stop.
decomez6

Dabbla wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 2:47 pm
Add the (Stop servant rule) to the servant. Then use SV conditions to trigger the stop rule from another file.
E.g. when the conditions in Guardian are met, Store a Market SV shared STOP=1 .
Then use that SV in a condition to trigger the stop rule .

I would use (Stored value SET condition).
In the Stop rule add a (clear a SV) = STOP. Otherwise, next time you use the servant, it will just stop.
cheers Dabbla :) thank you.

i have a stop button on the one screen as shown below. its one of the ways to stop the servant .

and also have the Dutch + and dutch - each have got corresponding stored values which clear each and function like flip stwitch . meaning ,when one is active e.g Dutch + , it will clear store value in dutch- and vise versa.
Stop servant.PNG

--would be great to have the ability to ' store a servant '.. so we could store the servant and run it under stored conditions.
--- i also think nomination in the general rule Tab should allow a stored Value to run the whole Rule. ( i know there is a rule that will allow one to rank using a stored value ) . may be there is a way to use that stored value to perform other funtions apart from ranking.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dabbla

decomez6 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:52 pm
--would be great to have the ability to ' store a servant '.. so we could store the servant and run it under stored conditions.
You can do that with the Rule (Display on a trading screen) Just add conditions and stop other servants rule.
Stop servant2.PNG
decomez6 wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:52 pm
--- i also think nomination in the general rule Tab should allow a stored Value to run the whole Rule. ( i know there is a rule that will allow one to rank using a stored value ) . may be there is a way to use that stored value to perform other funtions apart from ranking.
Whenever I create a file, I always start a file with a start and stop rule. By doing this you can control a whole file with 2 rules.

The start rule, Stores the value (start_xxx) = 1 for the market,shared.

Then in all my other rules, I’ll have the condition (Stored value set condition)
SV = (start_xxx) for the Market, is SET with a value.
Basically the start rule is (ON) for the whole file or part of it.

In most cases my Start rules are set to start immediately, sometimes I’ll set a time , conditions or I can control part or all of a file by running a (on/ off) servant form the one click screen.

The stop rule (OFF) will clear the SV (start_xxx). This can be triggered by, time , SV ,conditions, (on/ off) servant ,Rank.

It’s a very easy way test files at different times or under different conditions.
You can also do this multiple time, effectively giving you files within a file. These files within a file can be started at different times or under different conditions.

You can then create a couple of true or false type rules, using you given conditions to switch between a set of rules / files.
If true (start) Dutch and (stop) Dutch plus
If False(stop) Dutch and (start) Dutch plus

Hopefully it all makes sense. It's getting late :?
decomez6

Dabbla wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:36 pm

Hopefully it all makes sense.
Absolutely !

owesome.gif
click !click....click on the screen

the one below is exactly what i wanted ....
servant EXTRAVAGANZA alot of new rules i didnt know about servants.PNG

checked out this TICK counter servant yet ? .... its great on the one screen for demarcating the earliest morning prices or low / high trading ranges or even my entry points..
..viewtopic.php?f=62&t=26414

I've got the equivalent guardian file . but looking back i think there is a better way of doing it ?
Dabbla

Dabbla wrote:
checked out this TICK counter servant yet ? .... its great on the one screen for demarcating the earliest morning prices or low / high trading ranges or even my entry points..
Ye, I did checkout your file, a lot of work, good job.
You should add it to the shared automation forum. I think others would benefit from it. It’s a bit hidden in that thread.
Dabbla wrote:
I've got the equivalent guardian file . but looking back i think there is a better way of doing it ?
I have a good look at it and gone down a bit of a rabbit hole. I have made quite a few changes, mostly for optimization. I just created a little snapshot file of your rules to test out. These are the Chages I think I would have made. but might not suit exactly what you're after.

1. Add a start and stop as mentioned above.
2. Reordered some of the rules, E.G the (store Tick difference) rule was placed in between the two SVs it was calculating. So one the first rule cycle, the 2nd SV won’t be used in the calculation. That will give you a false result.
3. Push all SV to one rule. You don’t really want to store any unnecessary SV to the log, as this will slow things down. In your rules, you have every rule logging a SV.
If/when you want to turn them off, it’s going to take a long time to turn off 7oo+ rules.

EG. Create a new rule called (SV TO LOG) Create a new SV called (LOG MASTER position) and simply, store the value (MASTER position). You now have all the SVs, under 1 SV. Meaning you only need to turn 1 SV on/off to view in the log, not 700+.
4. (store for position) Rule.
Changed the fixed odds condition to a SV condition. Looking back now, I think it was unnecessary. In it does make testing certain things easier, as you can fake the LTP SV by changing the SV value.
5. (store for position) Rule. Added the rule (Stored value condition). This is to stop the rule firing when it does not need to.
6. (MASTER position tracker) Rule. Added the rule (Stored value SET condition) This effectively locks the rule, but allow for future use.
7. Made a few other changes regarding the amount of triggers on certain rules.

Im not saying this is how you should set up every file but hopefully give you some idea of more advanced techniques. Different files will need different techniques and approaches.

Hopefully it still works as intended. I don’t really want go in the guardian side of it, as it kind of deepens on how you intend to use it.
Although, in short, it would be another start/ stop but for the selections rather than the market, that's so it works with (EVERY) selecton. change the context price to LTP or x and The selections to every.
zZZz TICK counter (Dabbla snapshot).baf
decomez6

Dabbla wrote:
Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:11 pm
Dabbla wrote:
Ye, I did checkout your file, a lot of work, good job.
You should add it to the shared automation forum. I think others would benefit from it. It’s a bit hidden in that thread.
Dabbla wrote:
I have a good look at it and gone down a bit of a rabbit hole. I have made quite a few changes, mostly for optimization. I just created a little snapshot file of your rules to test out. These are the Chages I think I would have made. but might not suit exactly what you're after.

1. Add a start and stop as mentioned above.
2. Reordered some of the rules, E.G the (store Tick difference) rule was placed in between the two SVs it was calculating. So one the first rule cycle, the 2nd SV won’t be used in the calculation. That will give you a false result.
3. Push all SV to one rule. You don’t really want to store any unnecessary SV to the log, as this will slow things down. In your rules, you have every rule logging a SV.
If/when you want to turn them off, it’s going to take a long time to turn off 7oo+ rules.

EG. Create a new rule called (SV TO LOG) Create a new SV called (LOG MASTER position) and simply, store the value (MASTER position). You now have all the SVs, under 1 SV. Meaning you only need to turn 1 SV on/off to view in the log, not 700+.
4. (store for position) Rule.
Changed the fixed odds condition to a SV condition. Looking back now, I think it was unnecessary. In it does make testing certain things easier, as you can fake the LTP SV by changing the SV value.
5. (store for position) Rule. Added the rule (Stored value condition). This is to stop the rule firing when it does not need to.
6. (MASTER position tracker) Rule. Added the rule (Stored value SET condition) This effectively locks the rule, but allow for future use.
7. Made a few other changes regarding the amount of triggers on certain rules.

Im not saying this is how you should set up every file but hopefully give you some idea of more advanced techniques. Different files will need different techniques and approaches.

Hopefully it still works as intended. I don’t really want go in the guardian side of it, as it kind of deepens on how you intend to use it.
Although, in short, it would be another start/ stop but for the selections rather than the market, that's so it works with (EVERY) selecton. change the context price to LTP or x and The selections to every.

zZZz TICK counter (Dabbla snapshot).baf
its a great way to cut out the repetitions and duplicates.
thanks Again Dabbla.

look at some of the other options i made ... just for fun :)

Dabbla universe.gif

Dabbla flex.gif
Dabbla

decomez6 wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:13 pm

its a great way to cut out the repetitions and duplicates.
thanks Again Dabbla.

look at some of the other options i made ... just for fun :)

excellent, thanks, I'll have to start putting them on rotation. :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants”