Trap Trade Servant

Share your servants
gstar1975

slee123 wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:57 pm
Sorry having a mare with this but cant seem to get the equilisation bet to take its just running past the first stake
Make sure you have enough money in your account to allow for this servant to work. I had this problem then realised I was over staked, there wasnt enough money to place the lay stake.
jghinge

Hi,
I am totally new to automatic trading. I am familiar with some trading methods including the trap method. I can across this previous post below which is exactly what I would like to modify the trap servant to do as both of these events are happening to me. Can someone please tell me how to change the setting to do this?

Thanks
Jeff

I use the back first servant all the time and modified it to close the trade if the following occurs (which it does):

1. If Lay bet gets taken but price reverses before the back bet is filled.
2. If the back bet gets taken but the lay bet was missed.

Mental servant.
Archery1969

jghinge wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:45 pm
Hi,
I am totally new to automatic trading. I am familiar with some trading methods including the trap method. I can across this previous post below which is exactly what I would like to modify the trap servant to do as both of these events are happening to me. Can someone please tell me how to change the setting to do this?

Thanks
Jeff

I use the back first servant all the time and modified it to close the trade if the following occurs (which it does):

1. If Lay bet gets taken but price reverses before the back bet is filled.
2. If the back bet gets taken but the lay bet was missed.

Mental servant.
There are a few ways to do it but i used the following:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jghinge

Thanks very much. I have no idea how to set this up as I am completely new to these servants although not new to Bet Angel . I will read up on it in the morning from the beginning and try to work out how to set it up. Thanks again.
jghinge

Hi

I have been trying to set this up as suggested but am unable to find all the necessary settings as I have no experience with this. Can someone please tell me step by step how to set this up ?

Thanks

Jeff
gstar1975

jghinge wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:00 am
Hi

I have been trying to set this up as suggested but am unable to find all the necessary settings as I have no experience with this. Can someone please tell me step by step how to set this up ?

Thanks

Jeff
If you ask nicely they may post their Servant file so you just have to import it.
Archery1969

Hi,

I will probably get slated for this but I have taken the servants Dallas built and:

- Combined them into a single servant whereby you can enter an initial back or lay bet outside of the best market prices. Its upto you to decide where to place the opening bets on the reversed ladder.
- There are rules to clear signals for each rather than using CLEAR ALL SIGNALS as that could mess up one side or the other.
- Built in rules to close a trade if back bet gets taken, lay gets missed or lay bet gets taken, back bet gets missed.

It sounds simple but combining is not straightforward.

Still testing at the moment BUT once completed I will post it here for everyone to download/use if they wish.

Due to other personal commitements then I can't give a timeframe but it will be here soon.

However, apart from any bugs reported, i will not be supporting it, so if you want changes. Learn BA automation, as many of us have had to do over many years.

Thanks,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jghinge

Thank you.
As suggested above would it be possible you could post your servant file for me to download please?
Thanks
jghinge

Thanks.

Initially I am interested in just closing the trade if the lay bet gets missed or the price reverses. If you could post that for me it would be very helpful and much appreciated I am new to this automation and at age 65 it takes me a bit of learning computer related things, but I am working through it all slowly. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
jamesg46

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 12:14 pm
Hi,

I will probably get slated for this but I have taken the servants Dallas built and:

- Combined them into a single servant whereby you can enter an initial back or lay bet outside of the best market prices. Its upto you to decide where to place the opening bets on the reversed ladder.
- There are rules to clear signals for each rather than using CLEAR ALL SIGNALS as that could mess up one side or the other.
- Built in rules to close a trade if back bet gets taken, lay gets missed or lay bet gets taken, back bet gets missed.

It sounds simple but combining is not straightforward.

Still testing at the moment BUT once completed I will post it here for everyone to download/use if they wish.

Due to other personal commitements then I can't give a timeframe but it will be here soon.

However, apart from any bugs reported, i will not be supporting it, so if you want changes. Learn BA automation, as many of us have had to do over many years.

Thanks,
Nice idea!!!!
Archery1969

Here we go.

Makesure you have:

- Read the opening post by Dallas several times until you are confident.

Very important
- Understand how to import and assign servants to key/mouse strokes. ie. no point in just left clicking the mouse on the ladder without first selectiong whichever key stroke you have assigned it to. ie. CTRL + Left Click etc. See screenshot attached.

I suggest you use minimum stakes as there is not much point is using in test mode. But thats upto yourself.

We dont want to see anyone selling this on ebay for £0.99p or $149.95 by that bald muppet from downunder.

You will need to manually greenup/spread profit/loss at the end before the market goes in-play.

Let me know if you spot any bugs.
jamesg46

Archery1969 wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:27 pm
Here we go.

Makesure you have:

- Read the opening post by Dallas several times until you are confident.

Very important
- Understand how to import and assign servants to key/mouse strokes. ie. no point in just left clicking the mouse on the ladder without first selectiong whichever key stroke you have assigned it to. ie. CTRL + Left Click etc. See screenshot attached.

I suggest you use minimum stakes as there is not much point is using in test mode. But thats upto yourself.

We dont want to see anyone selling this on ebay for £0.99p or $149.95 by that bald muppet from downunder.

You will need to manually greenup/spread profit/loss at the end before the market goes in-play.

Let me know if you spot any bugs.
Thanks for posting this! I've downloaded it too. Can't wait to have a dig inside and see how you've gone about setting it up.
jghinge

Thanks very much for sharing that. However unfortunately when I try to put it into BA it says it was created with a different version of Bet Angel and is not compatible and cannot be imported. I am using professional. Is there a way around this to get it installed please?
Thanks
Archery1969

jghinge wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:57 pm
Thanks very much for sharing that. However unfortunately when I try to put it into BA it says it was created with a different version of Bet Angel and is not compatible and cannot be imported. I am using professional. Is there a way around this to get it installed please?
Thanks
You need v1.56.0 of BA to import and run.
jghinge

Hi, Thanks for that, have downloaded the latest version of BA and downloaded your version.

Still showing my ignorance, but I have it set your version on shortcut ctl left click but when I try to place a back trap it places a bet in the queue but immediately places an opposing trade at the current price. I clearly have this setup incorrectly, Any ideas what I have done wrong?
Is your version for back first or lay first please?
Why does it immediately place a lay bet at the current price not wait for the price to come to the trap trade please?

I was using the original ones ok so I know what to expect if things are working correctly.

Thanks, I really appreciate your help.

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”