Trap Trade Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

censura wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:20 pm
Hi Hope someone can help - so i downloaded the 1st post servants lay and back, I imported the 2 and then tried to amend the default amount laid from 100 to 10 so I first opened the lay to edit went to conditions but there were none? i read through the forum and it said the conditions only need to be one or other so I found they back and conditions I then went and amended anyway what ever I do it selects £2 each time?
They use 'Servant Context' as your entry stake so whatever preset stake you have selected on that runner at the time you start it.

The conditions only test for the money waiting
Is that what you wanted to change?
Dallas

censura wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:54 pm
Hi i am testing this trap betting - so i have added the 2 scripts and tried to run them but if I place a bet I get window showing 1/1 back 0/1 lay should it not be 1/1 & 1/1

also the default is £100 but it applies £2 everytime

Hoe someone can enlighten me thank you
If you start the back bet servant it will place a back bet at the price you were pointing at so the back rule will show as 1/1 (triggered 1 of 1 times it was armed for)
The lay rule will initially show 0/1 (as it won't have triggered until the price reaches the odds you placed the back bet at)
As soon as it triggers it will also show 1/1

The default £100 is the money waiting to be matched at the best price once the touch price gets to your bet, the stake it uses is whatever pre-set stake you have selected at the time its started, so sounds like you have your £2 default stake chosen in the pre-set area
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:02 pm
censura wrote:
Hi i am testing this trap betting - so i have added the 2 scripts and tried to run them but if I place a bet I get window showing 1/1 back 0/1 lay should it not be 1/1 & 1/1

If you start the back bet servant it will place a back bet at the price you were pointing at so the back rule will show as 1/1 (triggered 1 of 1 times it was armed for)
The lay rule will initially show 0/1 (as it won't have triggered until the price reaches the odds you placed the back bet at)

The default £100 is the money waiting to be matched at the best price once the touch price gets to your bet, the stake it uses is whatever pre-set stake you have selected at the time its started, so sounds like you have your £2 default stake chosen in the pre-set area
Hi Dallas

Once I have pressed the Alt + (whatever button I have assigned the servant to) do I have to press the combination again whenever I want to place another trade on the same runner? Or does the Servant "stay on" and I only have to click say the left mouse button when its Green?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:17 am
Dallas wrote:
censura wrote:

Hi Dallas

Once I have pressed the Alt + (whatever button I have assigned the servant to) do I have to press the combination again whenever I want to place another trade on the same runner? Or does the Servant "stay on" and I only have to click say the left mouse button when its Green?
Each time its started it effectively resets itself so will place a new bet at the odds you choose and set the 'Trap'
The previous bet will remain but just become an ordinary bet, which you need to cancel manually or add a rule to cancel it for you
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:26 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Hi Dallas

Each time its started it effectively resets itself so will place a new bet at the odds you choose and set the 'Trap'
The previous bet will remain but just become an ordinary bet, which you need to cancel manually or add a rule to cancel it for you
What if I place a bet using the Servant shortcut "Alt+Left Click" then cancel the bet and it stays Green, if I now just left click will it be a trap bet or a normal bet?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:46 pm
Dallas wrote:
gstar1975 wrote:

Hi Dallas

What if I place a bet using the Servant shortcut "Alt+Left Click" then cancel the bet and it stays Green, if I now just left click will it be a trap bet or a normal bet?
a Normal bet, you'll need to restart the servant if you want to set a new trap trade bet
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:56 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Dallas wrote:

a Normal bet, you'll need to restart the servant if you want to set a new trap trade bet
I asked this because something weird happened when I was trap trading (pre off) and then the market went inplay and I changed my strategy and when I placed bets using just the left click of the mouse the servant was still showing as green ans was intefering with my trades and it was only when I stopped the servant my bets were being placed correctly.
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:52 pm
Dallas wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:56 pm
gstar1975 wrote:

I asked this because something weird happened when I was trap trading (pre off) and then the market went inplay and I changed my strategy and when I placed bets using just the left click of the mouse the servant was still showing as green ans was intefering with my trades and it was only when I stopped the servant my bets were being placed correctly.
It will of been the 'Trap' (closing) rule of the servant trying to trigger if it got to the original price you placed the Trap Trade bet at.

You can just stop the servant or all servants if you cancel a bet or add in the rules/conditions you need as detailed in the last reply depending on how you are using it and what suits your situation best
slee123

hello
being a relative newbie this trap trade is something I would like to understand a little better
Can I run a lay trap be instruction with a back bet instruction on the same horse at the same time ? If not can there be some changes ot allow that ?Thank you Also had difficulty changing the £100 limit Is the instruction still the same with software updates being introduced ?
Thank you
Dallas

slee123 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:43 am
hello
being a relative newbie this trap trade is something I would like to understand a little better
Can I run a lay trap be instruction with a back bet instruction on the same horse at the same time ? If not can there be some changes ot allow that ?Thank you Also had difficulty changing the £100 limit Is the instruction still the same with software updates being introduced ?
Thank you
The money waiting needs to be changed on the opposing rule from each file
So on the ASC Trap Trade Opening Back Bet file you'd edit the lay rule and change the second condition (money waiting)

Regarding running both on the same runner, there's quite a lot of changes required to do this with a lot of the rule needing to be re-written.
FrankArch

Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:37 pm
teambulldog wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:22 pm
Dallas,thanks for doing the back and lay trap servants ,,, love them and are how i trade manual...
Can you help please as i like to put one or two back traps and one or two lay traps in the market when i trade but would like to have at least one back and one lay trap with the servants, But they cancel out if i try to put one of each on the same selection ??
Thanks again
Julian
Off the top of my head, the first rule that cancels other servants would need to be removed

Then the clear signals that are on that rule would need transferring to the opening bet rule of each servant but it would need to be changed to clear just one named signal ie 'nolay'
You'de then need to add a set/modify rule to clear the ''no cancel' signal
and add a set signal condition
the signal named 'nolay'
is NOT set with a value

You'd then need to do that for the lay servant but you'd also need to change all the signal names used throughout that servant so that they don't conflict with the back bet servant
Hi, Ive tried following the instructions above but I must admit its beyond my automation skills at present. I'm new to trading, bet angel and automation ( 3 months in). currently I am generally scalping and trap trading and it would be great to be able to sort the above to be able to set both back and lay traps on multiple selections. I've looked through the thread of this post but cant seem to find any further info. Can anybody advise further please.
gstar1975

Is it possible to completely automate this? I would like to apply it to all markets and let it find the best place defined by me say price above current price with less than £100 of unmatched money and place a bet there, with an option to kill the bet after a certain amount of time.
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 12:52 pm
Is it possible to completely automate this? I would like to apply it to all markets and let it find the best place defined by me say price above current price with less than £100 of unmatched money and place a bet there, with an option to kill the bet after a certain amount of time.
You could be it would require a lot of setting up once outside the best three prices

I've uploaded a rule near the bottom of page 1 of the topic below which stores the money waiting at the 4th best price, you'd need one of these for every price above and below the current odds you want to check
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=21818&p=298080

You'd then need to put all the SV into a range to calculate the one with the min value, then use that stored price as the 'place at' stored value for your back/lay rule
gstar1975

Dallas wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 1:03 pm
gstar1975 wrote:
Wed May 11, 2022 12:52 pm
You could be it would require a lot of setting up once outside the best three prices

I've uploaded a rule near the bottom of page 1 of the topic below which stores the money waiting at the 4th best price, you'd need one of these for every price above and below the current odds you want to check
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=21818&p=298080

You'd then need to put all the SV into a range to calculate the one with the min value, then use that stored price as the 'place at' stored value for your back/lay rule
Thanks just as I thought. Humans are better than computer at some seemingly simple things lol!
Gunslinger

Anyone have the files to trade this better than i can manually?

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”