Leap Frog Servant to Continually Offer back & lay Bets at Best Price - Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This servant is for use mainly on early pre-off horse racing, greyhound markets or markets that are illiquid (have plenty of gaps between price).

There are two identical servants to download from the bottom of this post, the only difference being is one places back bets the other lay bets,

Once started the purpose of the Servant is to offer a back (or lay bet) one tick below the current best price providing there are at least three empty prices between the current best back and lay bets using whatever stake you have selected as your pre-set stake at that time.

Once the bet is placed if someone else offers a bet at a better price the servant will cancel your existing bet and re-offer another 1 tick below the new best reverse price, effectively 'Leap Frogging' over to be at the front again, then continually repeat that until there is less than 3 empty ticks between the back and lay prices on offer.
See image below for an illustration

Ladder.JPG

The Lay bet servant works in the same manor except of course for placing lay bets

These are effectively templates for the 'leap frogging' part, and neither perform any further tasks, its up to you how you might want to incorporate these into your existing strategy's or build a servant using these as as your starting point.

How it works and using the Servant
Once you have it imported the Servant/s into your Bet Angel all aspects of them can be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

Please refer to the 'Note' tab for each rule understand how each rule works and how it may be connected to other rules within the file
Notes.JPG

Servants
To use the servants just click on the ASC Leap Frog Back Bet Template and/or ASC Leap Frog Lay Bet Template.Baf attachment links below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuco

This looks a very interesting servant Dallas to me as I'm often playing in illiquid gappy markets.

I'd like to make a 'Frankenstein' servant based on:

'Back/Lay and Offset Bet with Greening at Reverse Price Servant' + 'Iceberg Order Servant' + 'Leap Frog Servant'. Does that in theory look possible?
Dallas wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:10 pm
Please refer to the 'Note' tab for each rule understand how each rule works and how it may be connected to other rules within the file
This notes tab is most useful for people trying to get to grips with servants and automation. Hopefully over time as it's a big job, similar notes can be added to all of the exiting servants & automation rules.
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:05 am
This looks a very interesting servant Dallas to me as I'm often playing in illiquid gappy markets.

I'd like to make a 'Frankenstein' servant based on:

'Back/Lay and Offset Bet with Greening at Reverse Price Servant' + 'Iceberg Order Servant' + 'Leap Frog Servant'. Does that in theory look possible?
Dallas wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:10 pm
This notes tab is most useful for people trying to get to grips with servants and automation. Hopefully over time as it's a big job, similar notes can be added to all of the exiting servants & automation rules.
Yes it would be possible, and shouldn't be to difficult, the trickiest part would be the Iceberging and how that's offset but if you set out the logic before hand it should be quite straight forward to implement it
stigblomquist

When I try to import I get a message saying it was created with a different version and is incompatible. I am on latest version Professional 1.55
Archery1969

stigblomquist wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:05 pm
When I try to import I get a message saying it was created with a different version and is incompatible. I am on latest version Professional 1.55
You need the latest beta version being v1.56.0 (Beta 2)

Found here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=22831
Tuco

Dallas wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:40 pm
Yes it would be possible, and shouldn't be to difficult, the trickiest part would be the Iceberging and how that's offset but if you set out the logic before hand it should be quite straight forward to implement it
...when creating a new servant from a couple or more others, is it best to have two instances of BA running on separate screens to allow viewing the other rules/conditions etc and copy and pasting?
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:49 am
Dallas wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:40 pm
...when creating a new servant from a couple or more others, is it best to have two instances of BA running on separate screens to allow viewing the other rules/conditions etc and copy and pasting?
No, just use one and the copy rule/s feature
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=13568
STARBUCK62

Good morning Dallas.
Is it possibel to limit the price range say for example for it not to activate below 1.5 and also not to activate above 10.00, so it would only go to work in between these two parameters.
If so could you give an example on how to alter it or add it to the settings please.
mickypaul72

I’m no expert but you could try to use some fixed odds conditions: back price is >1.5 & back price is <10
Dallas

mickypaul72 wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:48 am
I’m no expert but you could try to use some fixed odds conditions: back price is >1.5 & back price is <10
Spot on
EasyRead

I don't know if I need to change any other settings but I'm finding that when it enters a trade the servant is still active and sets up another trade in effect accumulating trades.

I'm currently trying it now in an Australian race leaving it as I'm writing. I had put in a Lay bet for £2. It has currently accumlated to a Net Stake of over 44

I'm using Professional 1.56.0
Dallas

EasyRead wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:06 am
I don't know if I need to change any other settings but I'm finding that when it enters a trade the servant is still active and sets up another trade in effect accumulating trades.

I'm currently trying it now in an Australian race leaving it as I'm writing. I had put in a Lay bet for £2. It has currently accumlated to a Net Stake of over 44

I'm using Professional 1.56.0
Each time its started it only place the one bet, then moves that bet to continue to offer it at the best price.
To have a net stake over £44 you must have started it 22 times

If you check your log you'll be able to see when and how many times it was started
jackoowl

Hi Dallas
Bit of a novice with automation and servants.
I’ve modified this servant to use on the unders football markets and it’s doing what I wanted but I’m trying to figure out how to cancel my back bet if the price suddenly moves against me.
I’m trying to cancel bet if there’s more than 3 ticks to the nearest back price
Any help appreciated
Tuco

I'm just re-visiting this servant...currently is has the condition that the 'Number of Unmatched Bets is equal to 0' which means that you cannot run both a back and a lay leapfrog servant on the same selection at the same time - is there currently a way around this problem?

If there was a condition option 'Number of Unmatched BACK Bets is equal to 0' and another condition option 'Number of Unmatched LAY Bets is equal to 0' it would solve this dilemma would it not?
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:24 pm
I'm just re-visiting this servant...currently is has the condition that the 'Number of Unmatched Bets is equal to 0' which means that you cannot run both a back and a lay leapfrog servant on the same selection at the same time - is there currently a way around this problem?

If there was a condition option 'Number of Unmatched BACK Bets is equal to 0' and another condition option 'Number of Unmatched LAY Bets is equal to 0' it would solve this dilemma would it not?
Since this Servant was created an option named 'Unmatched Bets Information of Selection' was added to the Stored Value condition so that you can test for unmatched back or lay bets

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”