Trap Trade Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

Gunslinger wrote:
Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:34 pm
Anyone have the files to trade this better than i can manually?
The files to perform the trap trade are available in the OP of this thread - you can then edit these anyway you want to suit whatever it is you might be doing differently manually
Gunslinger

Thanks for your reply. I've changed my ladder outlook & lowered stakes.Seems a lot easier to trade.Using your SP servant which is great.Thanks again.
nickwaddy

Sorry I'm very late to the game, only just started trading I've downloaded the servant and changed the values to 10 pound. Not sure if i have to do something else as when i place back bet when it reaches there it just goes straight through it without placing lay bet ? any help would be appreciated. Nick
Dallas

nickwaddy wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 9:36 pm
Sorry I'm very late to the game, only just started trading I've downloaded the servant and changed the values to 10 pound. Not sure if i have to do something else as when i place back bet when it reaches there it just goes straight through it without placing lay bet ? any help would be appreciated. Nick
Its only the stakes that need changing

What type of markets are you using it on and what refresh rate you using?
Ideally you need a fast refresh rate for this servant to work best, so with streaming enabled something like 100ms or faster
nickwaddy

Hi Dallas i tried using it on pre off horse racing thanks for the help ill look at refresh rate
Dallas

nickwaddy wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:23 pm
Hi Dallas i tried using it on pre off horse racing thanks for the help ill look at refresh rate
Thats fine, and the refresh rate should help

I was just checking you weren't using on greyhounds or other 'gappy' market with volatile moves
ajanthony

Hello,
I have downloaded the original servant as out lined in Peter's video (ASC Trap Trade Opening Back Bet and ASC Trap Trade Opening Lay Bet. At this point I want it to work exactly like the tutorial video but as soon as I hid start on the servant it lays the back bet. I thought it was supposed to allow you to place your cursor where you wanted to back and then hit Ctrl+left click and the back bet would be placed. Once the lay side got to 1 tick below it would implement the lay and start on the back bet.
It is not doing that, any suggestions why. I have not altered anything from the original settings. Sorry if this has been discussed before.
Thanks.
ajanthony

Regarding the previous post, I watched and read again, I was the error. Seems to working okay now. Sorry.
ajanthony

As it turns out it is not actually executing as intended. I use the short cut keys to put one side of the process in which also turns the green servant light on but when the opposing odds get to within one level it does not execute. In other words short cut turns on servant and place a pending back bet. Odds move towards it but lay is not executed, it then moves through and the back bet is executed leaving me high and dry. Can anyone help or suggest what may be going wrong.
Thanks, Anthony.
Dallas

ajanthony wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:28 pm
As it turns out it is not actually executing as intended. I use the short cut keys to put one side of the process in which also turns the green servant light on but when the opposing odds get to within one level it does not execute. In other words short cut turns on servant and place a pending back bet. Odds move towards it but lay is not executed, it then moves through and the back bet is executed leaving me high and dry. Can anyone help or suggest what may be going wrong.
Thanks, Anthony.
Did you see my reply to the poster just above about ensuring your refresh rate is set to its fastest?
ajanthony

Hello Dallas,
Thanks for the reply. My refresh rate is set at 20ms
Anthony.
Dallas

ajanthony wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:32 pm
Hello Dallas,
Thanks for the reply. My refresh rate is set at 20ms
Anthony.
That should be fine then, are you also trading UK horse racing markets or using it on less liquid markets like Greyhounds?
ajanthony

Hi Dallas,
No greyhounds but a few UK races. Mainly Australian thorough breds.
Anthony
Dallas

ajanthony wrote:
Fri Oct 21, 2022 2:26 pm
Hi Dallas,
No greyhounds but a few UK races. Mainly Australian thorough breds.
Anthony
Is it the Aus races its mainly not triggering correctly on?
It has originally been configured for the UK markets which are more stable, if using it in more volatile markets like evening AW racing, maidens, novices etc in the UK and Aus race it'll need a few tweaks to take into account the sudden and fast moves these markets exhibit
ajanthony

Hello Dallas,
Yes, it was mainly Australian racing triggering. I will have a play on the English courses during the week with it in practice mode and see how it goes.
Had a good day today on the Australian capital city meeting just manually scalping. After doing some reading on this forum last night the switch went on in my brain and I just saw things much clearer today. Watching weight of money, trade range and being patient I was able to scalp 3 to 4 ticks consistently. I only had one race where I didn't close out quick enough that took some profits but all in all a good day.
I will be very particular with the meetings I trade on now where as before I was trading on whatever was going. I will stick to Wednesday and Saturday capital city racing in Australia and maybe one or two nights a week doing the bigger UK courses.
Thank for your help.
Regards,
Anthony

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”