Alert to a Steamer or Drifter Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This servant is mainly for use on pre-race horse racing markets and will monitor Betfair rows 1, 2 & 3 and if any of them steam or drift 15 ticks during a 3-minute period a message alert will pop up to tell you which selection and which way it is going.

AS Steam & Drifter.jpg

The servant is always armed so will be active and able to alert you from the moment its started and if not already using one could be used as a ‘Safety Servant’ so it’s started automatically each time you switch to a new market.

It can trigger an alert up to 5 times on each selection and will rearm its self every 30 seconds, so if a selection continues its steam or drift you will get further alerts of this.

To use the file just click on the AS Alert to Steamer or Drifter.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your drop down boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

message alert, that's a cool trick.

i'll investigate this one further.
well done Dallas.
FrankCastle794

Are we using this to spot a reversal, if its moved 15 ticks, wont the main move have gone
Korattt

FrankCastle794 wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:35 pm
Are we using this to spot a reversal, if its moved 15 ticks, wont the main move have gone
Frank.. think about editing the file?
Korattt

ok, ok, a thousand apologies, I can actually see a use for this file, great work Dallas, also

Dallas, would you consider implementing the wom factor as an additional signal using the 80%/20% (65%) "rule", i.e. would it add more weight to the signal as far as confirmation of the move is concerned?
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:46 pm
ok, ok, a thousand apologies, I can actually see a use for this file, great work Dallas, also

Dallas, would you consider implementing the wom factor as an additional signal using the 80%/20% (65%) "rule", i.e. would it add more weight to the signal as far as confirmation of the move is concerned?
It would depend if you intended joining it or waiting for a reversal but yes a WOM and/or book% condition could be added as further confirmation.

Alternatively you could add these conditions to a separate spread servant so that when this alert goes off (ie runner 2 is streaming) you start a spread servant on that selection which will place its bets when the WOM/book% are now favourable
Korattt

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:58 pm
Korattt wrote:

It would depend if you intended joining it or waiting for a reversal but yes a WOM and/or book% condition could be added as further confirmation.

Alternatively you could add these conditions to a separate spread servant so that when this alert goes off (ie runner 2 is streaming) you start a spread servant on that selection which will place its bets when the WOM/book% are now favourable
I am right in saying that the Book % is efficient (for both back & lay sides) when the overound is less than 101%? aren't I?
Dallas

Korattt wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:15 pm
Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:58 pm
Korattt wrote:

I am right in saying that the Book % is efficient (for both back & lay sides) when the overound is less than 101%? aren't I?
The back side will always be over 100% the lay under 100% (or it becomes possible to back or lay all selections for a profit at current price) but the closer a side is to 100% the more efficient it is
to75ne

downloaded this and have had it running in the background just to see if these "servants" are of any use to me.

works very well, last 2 races in particular; will now modify it to something more useful (to me), 15 ticks is a bit ecxcessive but as a proof of concept works very well.

well done dallas you already have a star, so give yourself a medal. :)
Dallas

to75ne wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:50 pm
downloaded this and have had it running in the background just to see if these "servants" are of any use to me.

works very well, last 2 races in particular; will now modify it to something more useful (to me), 15 ticks is a bit ecxcessive but as a proof of concept works very well.

well done dallas you already have a star, so give yourself a medal. :)
Thanks, as always though any medals should go straight to the Development team, only reason im able to create these in the first place is through their on going hard work
ANDYRICHMOND

Is there a way that you can globally apply this servant to all markets in the day on racing for example or do you have to start it manually each time.?
Dallas

ANDYRICHMOND wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:42 am
Is there a way that you can globally apply this servant to all markets in the day on racing for example or do you have to start it manually each time.?
Yes if its started as a Safety Servant using the the 'Safety' tab then it can start automatically each new market
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZe0vkk ... 8385C5B599
MemphisFlash

is there a way to move the alert to the bottom of the screen, it always pops up in the centre.
knowing a bit of visual basic i know why this is happening but can it be changed
Dallas

MemphisFlash wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:21 am
is there a way to move the alert to the bottom of the screen, it always pops up in the centre.
knowing a bit of visual basic i know why this is happening but can it be changed
As far as im aware its position is fixed, but if it starts to cause probs then it poss it can be changed in a future build

PS, seen your PM and will respond to that shortly
fothers77

Hi all

Been on and off BA for many years now, with limited success in the past, particularly when it comes to trading. You may notice I haven't posted much to be fair, given I found BA some 7years ago now!

This 'Servant' feature is truly an awesome development imho and I must congratulate Dallas on his continuous tuition of so many people. This is an excellent example of something that can be tweaked to your own needs.

Thanks people and I hope to get much more involved in future

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”