Fill the Gap Servant

Share your servants
Copenhagen trader

Could you tell how that is done, is it not the Lay selection rule that has to be removed?
Dallas

Copenhagen trader wrote:
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:49 pm
Could you tell how that is done, is it not the Lay selection rule that has to be removed?
Sorry just noticed your post said 'first bet on the market is not a Lay bet'

It is the 'Lay selection' rule you need to remove if you want the back bet placing first
Copenhagen trader

Thanks ;)
malgilb

It looks like this Servant needs to be done 1 race at a time. Is that correct?
Dallas

malgilb wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:51 am
It looks like this Servant needs to be done 1 race at a time. Is that correct?
All servants will only run on the market you currently have on screen, if you want to run it in the background you'd need to use Guardian and run the rules as full automation.
malgilb

Thank you again. I will have to start learning how to create Rules sooner or later but it's a little over my head at the moment.
Leeds1919

Hi,

Can somebody help explain the logic of this rule, I just cant get my head around it.

How does the servant know there's a gap? The condition says Selection A's lay price must be equal to selection b's back price plus 2 ticks but I can't follow the logic.

Sorry it this comes across as stupid but I'm trying to create a gap servant from scratch and like I said I just don't get the logic
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Leeds1919 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:59 pm
Hi,

Can somebody help explain the logic of this rule, I just cant get my head around it.

How does the servant know there's a gap? The condition says Selection A's lay price must be equal to selection b's back price plus 2 ticks but I can't follow the logic.

Sorry it this comes across as stupid but I'm trying to create a gap servant from scratch and like I said I just don't get the logic
Have a look at the image in the opening post, the lay price (1.72) is 2 ticks greater than the back price (1.70), so it will fill that gap with a bet

If you wanted two ticks gap (ie to offer a back and lay bet at the front of the queue on both sides you'd use equal to plus 3 ticks in the condition
Leeds1919

Dallas wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:07 pm
Leeds1919 wrote:
Hi,

Have a look at the image in the opening post, the lay price (1.72) is 2 ticks greater than the back price (1.70), so it will fill that gap with a bet

If you wanted two ticks gap (ie to offer a back and lay bet at the front of the queue on both sides you'd use equal to plus 3 ticks in the condition
Hi Dallas,

I get that part, but looking at the conditions I dont understand how the servant knows theres a gap in the first place.
Dallas

Leeds1919 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:19 pm
Dallas wrote:
Leeds1919 wrote:
Hi,

Hi Dallas,

I get that part, but looking at the conditions I dont understand how the servant knows theres a gap in the first place.
If the lay price is equal to 2 ticks higher than the back price there has to be a 1 tick gap
If they were touching the'd be no gap and the condition wouldn't be satisfied
Leeds1919

Dallas wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:25 pm
Leeds1919 wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:19 pm
Dallas wrote:

Hi Dallas,

If the lay price is equal to 2 ticks higher than the back price there has to be a 1 tick gap
If they were touching the'd be no gap and the condition wouldn't be satisfied
Ok thanks for explaining Dallas think I hvae a handle on it now
Bubace

Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:05 pm
TIP

Its surprising how many times a gap will appear on pre race horse racing markets even in the final few minutes, it usually filled faster than you can see it let alone react - but this is no problem for a servant!
Hi Dallas
many thanks for all this stuff that you add

how easy would it be to add a stop loss to this servant say 3 or 4 ticks, so it takes the loss and fires again, instead of the price just drifting well away?

cheers
Dallas

Bubace wrote:
Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:09 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:05 pm
TIP

Its surprising how many times a gap will appear on pre race horse racing markets even in the final few minutes, it usually filled faster than you can see it let alone react - but this is no problem for a servant!
Hi Dallas
many thanks for all this stuff that you add

how easy would it be to add a stop loss to this servant say 3 or 4 ticks, so it takes the loss and fires again, instead of the price just drifting well away?

cheers
Glad you are finding them useful

It would be very easy to make that change with this servant, just go onto the Parameters tab and change the 'Offset bet with greening' to 'offset bet with greening and stop' and set the number of ticks stop you want
Leeds1919

If I want to scratch an offset bet if it hasnt been filled within X seconds how do I go about it?
Leeds1919

Sorry I asked this question wrong. I should have asked if its possible to scratch an offset bet if its not matched after X seconds?

Ta

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”