Reverse DOB Front Runner Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This servant is for use on In-Running horse racing markets.

Its job is to perform a reverse DOBing strategy, so you’re ideally looking to use this on front runners or horses likely to start well but then fade off as the race progresses or at least come under a bit of pressure.

The servant uses ‘Context Selection’ which means it will run on whichever selection you have your mouse cursor hovering over when it’s started.
Once started the servant will do nothing until after the race has been in-play for 5 seconds, it will then place two lay bets for £10 each.

The first at 50% of the selections BSP
The second at 75% of the selections BSP

If the first is matched a back bet of £5 will be placed at the actual BSP, if the second is matched it will place a £5 back bet at 50% of the BSP (this will be the same odds the first lay was placed at.

For example, if the BSP of a selection you started the servant on was 9.8
1st lay would be placed at 4.6, and if matched a back bet at 9.8 will be placed
2nd lay would be placed at 2.3 and if matched a back bet at 4.6 will be placed

To use the files just click on the ASC Reverse DOB Front Runner.Baf attachment links below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Simonlofc

Many thanks for this , it works great quickly becoming my fav servant
honeycombe54

This is great Dallas, thanks again
Dallas

Simonlofc wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:04 pm
honeycombe54 wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:25 pm
This is great Dallas, thanks again
No problem guys
Tadz

Hi Dallas,
I'm just adding this Servant to my portfolio! Just one thing that's confusing me.
I haven't changed any settings from the download. I realise they can be changed to suit, but I like to make sure I understand what's what before I change anything.
The 2 initial Lay Bets are set at £10 each.
The 'preset' condition of the first back bet is that £20 of lays are matched. Should this be £10?,
and likewise should the second back bet condition be £20, not £40?

Thanks for all,
Tadz
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Tadz wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:38 am
Hi Dallas,
I'm just adding this Servant to my portfolio! Just one thing that's confusing me.
I haven't changed any settings from the download. I realise they can be changed to suit, but I like to make sure I understand what's what before I change anything.
The 2 initial Lay Bets are set at £10 each.
The 'preset' condition of the first back bet is that £20 of lays are matched. Should this be £10?,
and likewise should the second back bet condition be £20, not £40?

Thanks for all,
Tadz
I'll double check when racing starts but it looks like your right, i've maybe adjusted the stakes while making and not changed the conditions to match
(I do these things as a test to make sure ppl are paying attention and you've passed ;) )
Tadz

:lol: :lol:

Thanks Dallas
r00ster76

Hi Dallas,
This servant seems to work fine, but it doesn't fire the 'back' part of the rule after the first lay bets are matched..
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Dallas

r00ster76 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 7:44 pm
Hi Dallas,
This servant seems to work fine, but it doesn't fire the 'back' part of the rule after the first lay bets are matched..
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
I assume you have made no changes to the original file as yet?
Is this for every race or just some? do you have a copy of the log for one of them?
r00ster76

Hi Dallas,
It seems to be every race...the only change I made was to the staking.
Please see the log attached.
log1.jpg
Dallas

r00ster76 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 5:39 pm
Hi Dallas,
It seems to be every race...the only change I made was to the staking.
Please see the log attached.log1.jpg
If you adjusted your staking the green up (back rules) will need there 'matched amount condition' adjusting also to match your new stakes
r00ster76

Cheers Dallas... I will try that.
Thanks again!
lskears92

Simonlofc wrote:
Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:04 pm
Is this still working favourably for you Simon?
dollaryen

Hi Dallas,

Can this servant be modified to do the reverse, i.e. place a Back bet when the price hits 75% of the bsp.

Thanks
TheUndertones

dollaryen wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:04 pm
Hi Dallas,

Can this servant be modified to do the reverse, i.e. place a Back bet when the price hits 75% of the bsp.

Thanks
Did wnyone get this servant reversed as requested. i.e place the back bet when price hits 75% of the BSP? Or 50% so effectively a reverse dob, lay then back.

I would be interested if this could be done. Thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”