Back or Lay Outside the Current Price Servant

Share your servants
dvwooly

Thanks

I think it can be amended to fit into what I would like.

Basically I'm trying to recreate a bot I used to use on the futures markets to manipulate the DOM. Was borderline illegal but we were all at it :)
RayC

Hi
Wonder if anyone can help.
I am trying to take the price rather than ask for it, but not until the amount of money on the other side is depleted as you might do manually if you were scalping. I tried adapting this bot, which has got me closer than I was, but I just can't get it to fire when I want. It sits there with odds bouncing up and down around it and then suddenly fires off.
I tried using a stored value condition with the amount of money available to back instruction.
What I really want to do is for example
Using reverse ladder, if there was £100 on the pink side at 3.05 and £100 on the grey side at 3.10, I would click my servant on empty 3.05 grey side, but no bet would go in yet. Instead it watches as the money on the pink side depletes and only as it gets close or even hits zero, then my bet goes in and hopefully is taken immediately, before I trade out on the other side.
Can this be done?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated, as when scalping I so often seem to be just too slow to catch it. :)
Dallas

RayC wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:48 am
Hi
Wonder if anyone can help.
I am trying to take the price rather than ask for it, but not until the amount of money on the other side is depleted as you might do manually if you were scalping. I tried adapting this bot, which has got me closer than I was, but I just can't get it to fire when I want. It sits there with odds bouncing up and down around it and then suddenly fires off.
I tried using a stored value condition with the amount of money available to back instruction.
What I really want to do is for example
Using reverse ladder, if there was £100 on the pink side at 3.05 and £100 on the grey side at 3.10, I would click my servant on empty 3.05 grey side, but no bet would go in yet. Instead it watches as the money on the pink side depletes and only as it gets close or even hits zero, then my bet goes in and hopefully is taken immediately, before I trade out on the other side.
Can this be done?
Any help would be gratefully appreciated, as when scalping I so often seem to be just too slow to catch it. :)
You couldn't place a back bet at 3.05 without Betfair matching it immediately against the lay money already waiting at 3.05, you could only offer it at 3.10 or above
RayC

Sorry Dallas,
Maybe I did not explain it well, but isn't that exactly what this bot does, except stores the value away from the action? I think you used a stored value or servant context. That part was not my problem, but getting it to place the bet just as the money ran out on the other side so as to jump in quick just as the price was about to drop and money come in on the side my bet just got placed.
Dallas

RayC wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:20 pm
Sorry Dallas,
Maybe I did not explain it well, but isn't that exactly what this bot does, except stores the value away from the action? I think you used a stored value or servant context. That part was not my problem, but getting it to place the bet just as the money ran out on the other side so as to jump in quick just as the price was about to drop and money come in on the side my bet just got placed.
OK i see what you mean now, just to clarify though, this servant doesn't place a pending bet it triggers the bet as the price reaches your servant context price, so to also test the money waiting at that context price you just need to add a stored value condition configured as follows to the back bet servant and that will only allow the rule to trigger if there is <£20 waiting to be matched
Cond.JPG

Then on the lay bet bet servant you'd change Value A in that image to look at 'The money available to lay at a price'
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RayC

Thanks Dallas,

That is what I finally tried, so its good to have it confirmed I am doing it right. Sadly, even on max speed and refresh rate the market just moves too fast for the bot to catch it. I have even tried it with a percentage, but in both cases it only seems to fire about a third of the time, which means I catch the slower higher risk ones rather then the juicy streaming ones.

Any way to speed it up or make it more reactive?
Dallas

RayC wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 9:55 am
Thanks Dallas,

That is what I finally tried, so its good to have it confirmed I am doing it right. Sadly, even on max speed and refresh rate the market just moves too fast for the bot to catch it. I have even tried it with a percentage, but in both cases it only seems to fire about a third of the time, which means I catch the slower higher risk ones rather then the juicy streaming ones.

Any way to speed it up or make it more reactive?
It'll catch everyone when refreshing at 20ms but you won't always get a time when the amount goes below £20-£50 before the price moves

I'd have thought it might occur more like 1in5 or 1in7 times, so if you are getting 1in3 then its even better than I expected - but that does largely depend on the type of market you are trading and how far out
RayC

Thanks Dallas, that as usual has been very helpful.
I get a higher rate by manually interfering sometimes. Also, as you might guess about 70+% scratch. This is about the closest I think I can get to automated assistance, now it is just refining the runners I use it on and putting in safeties such as stop loss and green up before off.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for all the bots you have created and your fast replies to queries. Also to the whole team at BetAngel and the other contributors here. It has only been a few months, but I have learned so much while loving the challenge to find the methodology and niche way of working that suits me best.
Good fortune to you all.
RayC :D
Dallas

RayC wrote:
Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:50 pm
Thanks Dallas, that as usual has been very helpful.
I get a higher rate by manually interfering sometimes. Also, as you might guess about 70+% scratch. This is about the closest I think I can get to automated assistance, now it is just refining the runners I use it on and putting in safeties such as stop loss and green up before off.

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for all the bots you have created and your fast replies to queries. Also to the whole team at BetAngel and the other contributors here. It has only been a few months, but I have learned so much while loving the challenge to find the methodology and niche way of working that suits me best.
Good fortune to you all.
RayC :D
Something to bear in mind when manually trading, an average reaction time when concentrating really hard is 200ms-300ms, so effectively refreshing at 20ms the money waiting could have changed up to 10 times from you seeing to clicking the mouse.
A servant will see the amount and submit the bet which will be in the market by the next 20ms refresh

What I'm saying is you maybe clicking at times when the money waiting is no longer less than 'X'
But if its working for you then of course you should continue doing, the above is just something to bear in mind for future when manually trading and using 20ms refresh rates

BTW, thank you for the kind comments above, its not often people take the time to thank the forum and those who contribute especially so comments like that help restore good faith and that peoples time and help are appreciated
thepressure

Thankyou for this. If trying to do L2B, would I have to run 2 servants, one laying and one price and then manually set the back one as well to complete my L2B?

Also can I launch the Context to Lay Servant whilst inplay, so I can pick my horse half way through the race?
Dallas

thepressure wrote:
Tue Feb 15, 2022 9:54 pm
Thankyou for this. If trying to do L2B, would I have to run 2 servants, one laying and one price and then manually set the back one as well to complete my L2B?

Also can I launch the Context to Lay Servant whilst inplay, so I can pick my horse half way through the race?
It can all be done with one Servant
You can give a Servant as many or as few rules and conditions etc as you want

and yes you decide when to start/stop it, including in-play

I have a few in-play ones which scan for the exact market conditions I've given it but, I use TV pics to see how its running, where in the pack it is etc and if that looks good start the required servant and leave that pin point the exact entry/exit point, if I see something change on screen then I just stop it

Thats the beauty of servants, you get to use all the data/information only a manual trader has but it will trigger just as fast and without emotion as any automation bot
thepressure

Thanks,

Ive downloaded the context lay file and put in 50 for the odds and 0.20 for the stake, press play and the light is green on said horse, but it never lays, Ive tried this on several races but cant get it to actually make a bet? Any ideas?

Yeah ive tried this repeatidly, there is never an action to Lay said horse, what am i doing wrong?
Dallas

thepressure wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:48 pm
Thanks,

Ive downloaded the context lay file and put in 50 for the odds and 0.20 for the stake, press play and the light is green on said horse, but it never lays, Ive tried this on several races but cant get it to actually make a bet? Any ideas?

Yeah ive tried this repeatidly, there is never an action to Lay said horse, what am i doing wrong?
The rules file is set up so that you just click on the price you want it to trigger at

If you want to change it to just trigger at odds of 50 on your chosen selection the following needs to be done
The 'Mark Entry Price' rule needs removing
Then on the lay rule set that to place at 'Fixed Odds' 50
Then delete both conditions and add a 'Fixed odds' condition to test the price is greater than 50

You'll then be able to click anywhere on the ladder or one-click screen of the selection/s you want to lay
thepressure

Dallas wrote:
Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:17 pm
thepressure wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 5:48 pm
Thanks,

The rules file is set up so that you just click on the price you want it to trigger at

If you want to change it to just trigger at odds of 50 on your chosen selection the following needs to be done
The 'Mark Entry Price' rule needs removing
Then on the lay rule set that to place at 'Fixed Odds' 50
Then delete both conditions and add a 'Fixed odds' condition to test the price is greater than 50

You'll then be able to click anywhere on the ladder or one-click screen of the selection/s you want to lay
So in the context rules file there is a secion asking for odds and price, if im not meant to use that, then whats it for, how do i know what stake im using when just left clicking? Thanks for help so far by the way.

Ive changed as instructed I think, so I want £15 Liab at 50 odds which is 30p at 50p, and then I want a green up after 10 ticks, for example in the attached file/screen grab, is this right? I tried clicking as above without editing the file and still cant get the servant to place any bets, get the green dot, but not bets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thepressure

thanks, i think this is how you say setup?

Im guessing running like this should launch once the price hits 48 to place at 50 and then green up after 10 ticks?

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”