Simple Scalping Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This servant is for use on pre-race horse racing markets.

This is identical to the one Peter demonstrated in a recent video except I have built on it a little further by adding a few extra features which of course Peter could not cover in the video or it would have ended up being nearly 30 mins long and even longer if he had to find scenarios were each feature could be shown in action,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVJA9IAd7v4

So I have taken his idea from that video as a foundation to create this servant.

What it does

As shown in the video when the servant is started it will place a £10 back bet at the best reverse price (the current lay price), if this is not matched in 10 secs it will be killed. You can then start the servant again whenever you’re ready. The only thing different from the video is that when a back bet is placed it uses the new stored value option to store the value of the back price when it triggers (you will see why later).

If the back bet is matched a £10 lay bet will be placed at the best reverse price (current back price) also just as its shown in the video.

Apart from adding a stored value when the back bet triggers the only other thing different from the video is I have changed the ‘Matched bets amount condition’ slightly to work the additional features detailed below into it.

Extra Features

I have added a ‘Stop previous Servants’ on selection rule so that any previous unused lay bets won't trigger causing multiple lay bets to be placed if you use the servant over and over (ie, if an earlier back bet was killed before the lay had a chance to trigger).

Also, I have included a ‘Checkpoint matched bets' rule which effectively resets all previous bets prior to the servant being started so if you had part matched bets they won’t interfere with the ‘Matched bets amount condition’ (which is used to control when the lay triggers). Also, it means that if you place other manual bets or run other servants between using this one all the bets from those are ignored and will not impact on what happens here.

Finally, I have added a ‘Close Trade with Greening’ rule, this uses a stored value condition to test if the price goes 3 ticks higher than the stored value made by the back bet – effectively a stop loss so if the price goes against you (and above the stored value) by 3 ticks it will green up your trade.

Using the Servant

All the above means the servant can be started multiple times (even after a stop loss has triggered) all you need to do is ensure the opening back bet is matched or killed before starting it again – so it can be started again while waiting for the lay side to be matched just not while the opening back side is still in the market.

In the event, the opening bet is only part matched no lay will be placed of course it will mean you will be in profit so I have left this for the user to decide what you do manually.

Remember at the end you will need to green up manually or invoke another servant to do it for you.

To use this servant just click on ASC Simple Scalping.Baf attachment links below and this will download it to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dadders

Hi,

Has anybody modified this Servant or added another one to green up?

Any advice or guidance on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
Dallas

Dadders wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:03 am
Hi,

Has anybody modified this Servant or added another one to green up?

Any advice or guidance on how to do this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
I'd advise using a separate servant to green up, near the off.
There are a few variations in the shared servant's section already which you could look at
viewforum.php?f=58
Dadders

Thanks Dallas.
imskinttoo

Great work! How easy would it be to create a ‘lay first’ servant? Just create it opposite to the way that one was created?
Dallas

imskinttoo wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:52 pm
Great work! How easy would it be to create a ‘lay first’ servant? Just create it opposite to the way that one was created?
Yes that's correct, should be very easy and only take a few mins if that
Just ensure you also reverse the amount of matched bets conditions etc
janice62

Hi, hope you can help, I downloaded and it placed the back bet, but no lay bet has been placed, I havent made any changes, wanted to try it first without tweaking it
Dallas

janice62 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 pm
Hi, hope you can help, I downloaded and it placed the back bet, but no lay bet has been placed, I havent made any changes, wanted to try it first without tweaking it
It should only not place the lay if the back hadn't fully matched, in which case you'll be in profit so have left that for the user to decide.

If that wasn't the case for you can you post the log?
jongup

I'm just having a play around with this and in the servant logg in shows:

Stop last servant triggers 1/1
reset matched bets triggers 1/1
back bet 1/1
lay bet 0/1

the back bet was matched yet the lay wasn't fired in :/
Dallas

jongup wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:08 pm
I'm just having a play around with this and in the servant logg in shows:

Stop last servant triggers 1/1
reset matched bets triggers 1/1
back bet 1/1
lay bet 0/1

the back bet was matched yet the lay wasn't fired in :/
Do you have the log from that market?
Has it happened more than once or just this time?
ryalman

Just thought I'd have a go at downloading some sample files to test out the automation using betangel servants.
This was my first file, so eager to try it I activated it on the LIVE grey hound market about 2 hours before the market kicks off thinking nothing would happen.
Of course something did happen. Its placed a back bet for £8.63 in the market. Oops. So now I'm hoping I can trade out for a scratch bet before the race kicks off :-)
Lesson learned, USE practice mode when testing automation :-)
ryalman

Well couldn't trade out but limited my loss by dutching 1st 2nd and 3rd Favourite. Got away with a 12p loss.
The Silk Run

NICE one ryalman

Trading Greyhounds has always intrigued me.

On this occassion did you have a pre-race stratergy, or was it a random in-play exit. Are you using live-feeds to support your stratergy if indeed you have one. Or, knowledge, short-form.

GOOD luck wth your endeavours. I believe their are members of the community you can reach out to who trade on Greyhounds ...
JPAnnett

Hi Thankyou for the servant.

I have ran a few tests in practise.

I seem to be losing money everytime i activate.

Is it suited more to a market were the lay is more active and jumpy market?
I have not edited in any way

Thankyou
JPAnnett

If you would take a look at the attached.
@9:21. nothing seems to be working on this servant. Its actually making a lose every time it activates.?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”