Single Click Stop Loss Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

This servant is designed for use on any market

The servant will mimic the job of the right-click stop loss function available when using the ladder screen but unlike the right-click stop which can only be used on the ladder screen, with this servant it can also be used on the one-click screen.

As well as being able to use it on the one-click screen the other key difference to the regular right-click stop loss is that when triggered the servant places the stop bet 10 ticks (or however many ticks you want to use) outside the price you set it at.

By doing this even if the price shoots straight past your stop you are still likely to get matched, See this thread if you unsure why this would happen.
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11746

In effect, this servant combines the 'Place at' & 'Trigger at' options you get with the Global Settings Stop Loss with the quick and ease of use of the right-click stop loss (and without the need for offsetting) – and it can do this on both trading screens.

There are two servants to download from the bottom of this post, one for when your backing the other when your laying. After downloading them they are best used by assigning them to keyboard shortcuts.

Ie, you could assign the back servant to your ‘B’ key and your lay servant to your ‘L’ (assuming you’re not already using these keys as shortcuts).

Then to start the Servant simply point your cursor in the back or lay column at the odds you want your stop loss to trigger at and press the shortcut key you assigned it to, if the price then trades at or past this price the servant will place a bet 10 ticks away using your current ‘Net’ stake, 0.5 secs after the bet is triggered a green up rule will trigger to fully green you up – this happens so fast you won’t even see the two bets hit the market once the price you set is reached.
*Remember Betfair will always match your bet at the best available price so by placing the bet well outside the current price all this does is increase the chances of successfully having your stop matched - even if the prices moves straight through the odds your stop triggers at.

After starting the servant if you change your mind you can simply stop the servant which will cancel the stop loss or just point your cursor to a new price and start it again if you want to change the odds your stop is to trigger at if reached.

So each time this servant is started any previous servants on that selection are cancelled, this avoids the possibility of having two active at the same time and both triggering together or an earlier one you forgot about suddenly getting trigger at a later time.

Finally, as it's not usually advisable to use a stop loss like this in-play I have added a Market is NOT in-play condition to the rule so that they won’t trigger any bets once the market has gone in-play.

A neat trick of these servants is they ‘Share’ the Stored Value of the odds they are started at which can then be displayed as a custom column on the one-click screen or in the Additional information area on your ladder screen See images below where I have placed an opening bet and then set my stop loss at 3.5

Ladder SL.JPG
One Click SL.JPG

If you wish to setup and use this element up, please see the following post for details of the settings to use

To use these servants just click on the AS Right-Click Stop Loss for Back Bets and AS Right-Click Stop Loss for Lay Bets.Baf attachment links below and this will download them to your computer, then open your Servant Manager window and click the rules link at the top and then "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in your dropdown boxes and is ready to be started whenever required.

Once you have it imported into your Servant Manager it can be edited very easily simply by clicking on "Edit Rules File".

With any servant always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

See the following thread for step by step instructions on downloading and importing a servant into your Bet Angel, or see image below on were to import it in your Servant Manager.
viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15194
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

TIP

To display the stored value from the servants the stored value name you need to use is ‘stop’

To display them on your ladder screen, click the spanner icon and go to the ‘Additional Information’ tab and enter the details shown in the image below

Ladder Editor.JPG

To display them on your one-click screen as a custom column click ‘settings’ to open the custom column editor and enter the details shown in the image below

One Click Editor.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

you have this value set to 1? is this right
stop.PNG
Dallas

MemphisFlash wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:47 pm
you have this value set to 1? is this right

stop.PNG
Yes, it will trigger when the lay price is equal to or more than the price you set the stop loss at
ie, if you had backed and set your stop loss at 1.21 it would trigger now in the image below (or if the price was trading at any odds higher)
m19ms

Eu já estou farta disto! Já usei todos os tipos de servants e automação, mas nenhum stop loss funciona após um goal. Nada parece conseguir diminuir a perda total. Ou seja, o que eu pretendo é colocar uma aposta lay under 1.5 HT, e se houver um goal eu possa sair sem tanto prejuízo. Não espero que me entendam ou que me ajudem, pois já desisti.

I've had enough of this! I've used all sorts of servants and automation, but no stop loss works after a goal. Nothing seems to be able to lessen the total loss. That is, what I intend is to place a bet lay under 1.5 HT, and if there is a goal I can leave without so much damage. I do not expect you to understand me or to help me, because I already gave up.
Dallas

m19ms wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:17 am
I've had enough of this! I've used all sorts of servants and automation, but no stop loss works after a goal. Nothing seems to be able to lessen the total loss. That is, what I intend is to place a bet lay under 1.5 HT, and if there is a goal I can leave without so much damage. I do not expect you to understand me or to help me, because I already gave up.
Due to how markets react following a goal in football its impossible to use any form of stop loss, the price will reform where it does, 99% of the time this will be way past where your stop has been triggered/placed leaving it now sitting as an unmatched bet.

The only way to successfully exit after a goal is to wait till the markets reform once it's been unsuspended then trigger a green up or close trade rule at the new price the market is now trading at

ie, if the price was trading at 1.5 prior to a goal then a goal was scored, after the market unsuspends it reforms around 2.8 any stops set between 1.51 and 2.78 will have triggered but will now just be sat there as an unmatched bet
Dadders

Hi,

I wanted to modify the 'AS Right Click Stop Loss for Lay Bets.baf' for use in-running on horse races for L2B trading.
I noticed that looking at both the Lay.baf and Back.baf the Trigger rule on both is set to 'Custom ticks above Servant context price' by 10 ticks.
Doesn't the Lay version need to be set to below Servant context price?
Usually when I use a Global setting for a L2B the trigger is set at higher odds than the actual placed odds.
That way if the odds are steaming down and hit the trigger odds then a lower entry should get matched, in theory.

So to try to use in -running I removed the Not In-play rules.
For the Lay.baf I changed the trigger to be set to Place 10 ticks below, however which ever way I experimented with the rules as soon as I set the Servant and it triggered it instantly hedged the position, so I'm a little unwiser which way is correct.

Which way should the Trigger Close Rule be set for the Lay.baf, above or below?
Dallas

Dadders wrote:
Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:05 pm
Hi,

I wanted to modify the 'AS Right Click Stop Loss for Lay Bets.baf' for use in-running on horse races for L2B trading.
I noticed that looking at both the Lay.baf and Back.baf the Trigger rule on both is set to 'Custom ticks above Servant context price' by 10 ticks.
Doesn't the Lay version need to be set to below Servant context price?
Usually when I use a Global setting for a L2B the trigger is set at higher odds than the actual placed odds.
That way if the odds are steaming down and hit the trigger odds then a lower entry should get matched, in theory.

So to try to use in -running I removed the Not In-play rules.
For the Lay.baf I changed the trigger to be set to Place 10 ticks below, however which ever way I experimented with the rules as soon as I set the Servant and it triggered it instantly hedged the position, so I'm a little unwiser which way is correct.

Which way should the Trigger Close Rule be set for the Lay.baf, above or below?
Yes, that's technically correct the lay version (which places a backstop bet) should be set to 10 ticks below.
Although it wouldn't effect the working of the rule pre-play as the 'green up that triggers immediately after would still do the job in its place

Well spotted though
eightbo

As a quick note guys you want to remove this condition present on the back version only in original files otherwise it gets in a mess if you update [back] stops on the same selection e.g. adjust existing back stop to lock in profit after price moves in your favour:

Here are my edited versions of Dallas' files in case anyone wants them. Not the cleanest but fully operational.
(I also added a basic cancel file for extra flexibility e.g. big stake enters market and you want to temporarily pull stop before replacing in anticipation of a spike)

[AS] Ladder Stop Loss CANCEL.baf
[AS] Ladder Stop Loss LAY.baf
[AS] Ladder Stop Loss BACK.baf

(Set up as keyboard shortcuts in Settings > Behaviour) e.g. ↓ ↓ ↓

Thanks again to Dallas — our Servant² :ugeek:       1/10 joke i know

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”