Trap Trade Servant

Share your servants
Dallas

sniffer66 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:16 am
Looking at building on the functionality of this a bit more now it's automated.

if I'm manually trading I'll place the initial trap trades between 4-7 ticks away from the current price but usually place within the recent traded range and by least money waiting (so am at the front of the queue on both sides of the book)

Thinking I can use stored values to work out the money waiting for each of the 7 ticks either side but can't work out how to then use those values to calculate the price with least money waiting. Is that possible using Guardian ? I'm in IT and could do it easily in a script - powershell or VB etc. is this one for Excel ?
It should be doable, but if you can do it easily in VB then I'd probably stick to that way.
I'm sure I've got some templates saved somewhere for Storing the values outside the best3 prices which it should then be possible to find the lowest by creating a new stored value from a range

But I'd need to step through it all first for it to be clear in my head
Dallas

Pjhaynes2 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:36 am
Hi Dallas,

I am fairly new to the automation idea, so sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere.
I was wondering if there is a way to automate this? To have a bot that looks for gaps, and then starts the servant as I would if using it manually?
Thanks
Pete
When you say looking for a gap do you mean a price with no money waiting at all (or at least less than £2) or similar to the video shows are you meaning a gap as in a price with quite a low amount waiting?
Dallas

paspuggie48 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:21 am
Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2019 3:50 pm
No probs, hope I got the concept right and it's doing as you were expecting?
Star Dallas ;) I presume this is linked to the video Peter uploaded to YT recently?
Yes, this is the one shown in the video just uploaded
Pjhaynes2

Hi Dallas,

Yes, I guess it would need to wait for the market to have a certain amount of liquidity (maybe 100k) then look for prices with £20 or less waiting. This is how I am using it manually anyhow
Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 2:50 pm
Pjhaynes2 wrote:
Hi Dallas,

I am fairly new to the automation idea, so sorry if this has already been covered elsewhere.
I was wondering if there is a way to automate this? To have a bot that looks for gaps, and then starts the servant as I would if using it manually?
Thanks
Pete
When you say looking for a gap do you mean a price with no money waiting at all (or at least less than £2) or similar to the video shows are you meaning a gap as in a price with quite a low amount waiting?
Dallas

Pjhaynes2 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:08 pm
Hi Dallas,

Yes, I guess it would need to wait for the market to have a certain amount of liquidity (maybe 100k) then look for prices with £20 or less waiting. This is how I am using it manually anyhow
Dallas wrote:
Pjhaynes2 wrote:
Hi Dallas,

Thanks
Pete
Adding a volume condition is straight forward enough as it can be selected straight from the list of conditions
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/volume.html

As is looking for an amount waiting at any of the best three prices, that to can be done by using a Stored value condition, there is another example here which uses that condition so you can see how you'd go about setting it up
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=18645

The trickery part comes if you want to look at money waiting outside the best three prices as that requires several additional stored values setting up and sort of leads into Sniffer66's post at the top of this page which i'll try and have a dig into this week if I get chance
Pjhaynes2

That's brill! Thanks for your insight. I am having some good results currently while using this, but unfortunately can't trade during weekdays. Automation sounds great if It can be done :D
Dallas wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:23 pm
Pjhaynes2 wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:08 pm
Hi Dallas,

Dallas wrote:

Adding a volume condition is straight forward enough as it can be selected straight from the list of conditions
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/volume.html

As is looking for an amount waiting at any of the best three prices, that to can be done by using a Stored value condition, there is another example here which uses that condition so you can see how you'd go about setting it up
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=18645

The trickery part comes if you want to look at money waiting outside the best three prices as that requires several additional stored values setting up and sort of leads into Sniffer66's post at the top of this page which i'll try and have a dig into this week if I get chance
decomez6

Top draw👍🏼💥 !!
An easy definable edge. The bot layout and the logical steps are an edge on its own . It helps kickstart new ideas.
How to batch large orders ? Can I access global settings ?

Thanks again ,
01wayne

Hi I'm net to Bet angel and servants. From the description where you download this I'm unable to follow this and set this up. Is there a simpler explanation or an idiots guide video on how to do this. Also I would like it automated so I can leave it while I'm out to work on racing and greyhounds if that's possible please
Dallas

01wayne wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:29 pm
Hi I'm net to Bet angel and servants. From the description where you download this I'm unable to follow this and set this up. Is there a simpler explanation or an idiots guide video on how to do this. Also I would like it automated so I can leave it while I'm out to work on racing and greyhounds if that's possible please
There's also a video tutorial right next to the download files on how to download and import

See the posts above regarding using it as a full automation file
Dallas

decomez6 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:22 am
Top draw👍🏼💥 !!
An easy definable edge. The bot layout and the logical steps are an edge on its own . It helps kickstart new ideas.

Thanks again ,
The 'batch' option is only applicable for offset bets, but you can get larger orders into the market with a servant, there is an example here
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15466

Although it wouldn't really be suitable for this trap trade servant as this relies on having your order at the front of a que and submitting orders in split stakes would lose that advantage
decomez6

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:46 pm
decomez6 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:22 am
Top draw👍🏼💥 !!

Thanks again ,
The 'batch' option is only applicable for offset bets, but you can get larger orders into the market with a servant, there is an example here
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15466

Although it wouldn't really be suitable for this trap trade servant as this relies on having your order at the front of a que and submitting orders in split stakes would lose that advantage
Super👍🏼✨
gstar1975

Can anyone tell me why when i use the trap servant and place a back bet well above the current price and a Lay bet way below the current price, the opposing bets are sometimes not placed?

Can you only use this servant on one side of the book at each time?

I would like to place servants on both sides of the book at the same time is this possible? Is it a good idea?
Last edited by gstar1975 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

This servant will only work on one bet at time as part of the servant cancels other servants on the same runner.
gstar1975

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:46 pm
This servant will only work on one bet at time as part of the servant cancels other servants on the same runner.
Could you put in a Back and Lay bet with the servant and then when the price gets close to one close the other? Would the servant still work as intended?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:39 pm
Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:46 pm
Could you put in a Back and Lay bet with the servant and then when the price gets close to one close the other? Would the servant still work as intended?

It could be edited to allow this to be done, you'd need to change the SV names on one of the files so the each used independent names and therefore don't conflict
Depending on what you wanted to happen with the other trade when one is matched you may need to change the 'cancel all unmatched bets on a selection' rule to a 'cancel unmatched bets on selection (price dependant)' rule

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”