Trap Trade Servant

Share your servants
barrie

Just playing around with this after seeing Peter's video and just have a couple of questions for which, if they have been asked before, I apologise.

I am assuming that, if using a different stake - e.g. £50 - then the cancel if < £100 should be changed to <£50. Correct?

Also, it seems that on most of the automated trades that are triggered, the full amount of the balancing bet (lay or back) is rarely fully met. True it is usually matched a little later but not always. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but it seems that if the bets are triggered inside 5 mins before the off then this is more likely to be an issue. Would that be your assessment? thanks

Oh and my refresh is set to 20ms
Dallas

barrie wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 2:05 pm
Just playing around with this after seeing Peter's video and just have a couple of questions for which, if they have been asked before, I apologise.

I am assuming that, if using a different stake - e.g. £50 - then the cancel if < £100 should be changed to <£50. Correct?

Also, it seems that on most of the automated trades that are triggered, the full amount of the balancing bet (lay or back) is rarely fully met. True it is usually matched a little later but not always. Obviously nothing is guaranteed but it seems that if the bets are triggered inside 5 mins before the off then this is more likely to be an issue. Would that be your assessment? thanks

Oh and my refresh is set to 20ms
The back and lay rules both use the Context stake (whatever pre-set stake you currently have chosen for that selection when started)
The condition is just testing there isn't more than a £100 waiting when the prices touch - if there is the opening bet is cancelled - you'd adjust this to suit the market condition and/or the time you are using it depending on the volumes on offer
barrie

Thanks. Think I've got that.
Dallas

barrie wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:46 pm
Thanks. Think I've got that.
The image at the top of the opening post will illustrate it better
barrie

thanks. all clear. One more stupid question. Does ensuring the volume waiting is less than £100 (or whatever) lead to a better chance of the trade being matched or is it for some other reason I haven't quite got my head around?
Dallas

barrie wrote:
Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:14 am
thanks. all clear. One more stupid question. Does ensuring the volume waiting is less than £100 (or whatever) lead to a better chance of the trade being matched or is it for some other reason I haven't quite got my head around?
It should increase the chances

You've probably already put the opening bet at odds with no or very little money waiting so you are right at the front of the queue, so when the price trades up at those odds you only want to other bet going in if that can also be near the front so they both get matched at around the same time.
If someone has just dropped several hundred pounds there you won't want to be queued up behind that and would want your opening bet cancelled to

Of course sometimes the market moves just to fast and volatile which is when you'd need to intervene manually and react to what's happening
barrie

Thanks Dallas. Yes I get that . Is there anything that can be added to cover the situation (which seems to be common) that none of the lay bet (or for that matter just part of it) is not taken before the price shoots out leaving you with a matched back bet but no lay thereby forcing a decision as to when to take a loss. I am assuming that in this situation the market moves too quickly to have time to cancel the back bet before it is matched. Just a thought....
Dallas

barrie wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:04 am
Thanks Dallas. Yes I get that . Is there anything that can be added to cover the situation (which seems to be common) that none of the lay bet (or for that matter just part of it) is not taken before the price shoots out leaving you with a matched back bet but no lay thereby forcing a decision as to when to take a loss. I am assuming that in this situation the market moves too quickly to have time to cancel the back bet before it is matched. Just a thought....
Positioning of the opening bet is important, picking a random empty cell means the price can often shoot past when it does get there, also check your timing, you don't want to be doing this when the market is about to light up, ie, when the previous race finishes, around 2mins before the off etc
barrie

thanks again
barrie

Sorry, you are going to get fed up with me. Still playing around in practice mode and am getting frequent instances of the lay bet servant especially waiting till the lay bet has been matched before firing in the back bet which is often too late. I haven't changed the servant at all from the downloaded one so am a bit confused. They are also not cancelling positions if the minimum available has not been met. I am sure it is something I am not understanding so I really would appreciate your opinion. Many thanks
Archery1969

I use the trap trade servants around cross-over points.
barrie

I think I am going to give up on this and just do it manually. The back bet servant is not firing in a lay bet at all or cancelling the trade if criteria are not met.. Not sure what is wrong as I haven't changed anything.
Dallas

barrie wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:07 pm
Sorry, you are going to get fed up with me. Still playing around in practice mode and am getting frequent instances of the lay bet servant especially waiting till the lay bet has been matched before firing in the back bet which is often too late. I haven't changed the servant at all from the downloaded one so am a bit confused. They are also not cancelling positions if the minimum available has not been met. I am sure it is something I am not understanding so I really would appreciate your opinion. Many thanks
What refresh rate are you using?

Ideally you want the fastest possible so be using either 'Update' or '20ms'
barrie

that may be it. I had 200 ms. I'll give it a try. As you can see from my last post, it is now not placing the opposite trade when the positions match. Again, this may be the refresh rate.
Dallas

barrie wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:39 pm
that may be it. I had 200 ms. I'll give it a try. As you can see from my last post, it is now not placing the opposite trade when the positions match. Again, this may be the refresh rate.
Opposite trade should only be placed if
Prices are touching
money waiting is less than the amount you specify
Some or all of the opening bet is still in the market
A signal is not yet set by the cancel rule

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”