Trap Trade Servant

Share your servants
decomez6

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 1:46 pm
decomez6 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 8:22 am
Top draw👍🏼💥 !!
An easy definable edge. The bot layout and the logical steps are an edge on its own . It helps kickstart new ideas.
How to batch large orders ? Can I access global settings ?

Thanks again ,
The 'batch' option is only applicable for offset bets, but you can get larger orders into the market with a servant, there is an example here
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15466

Although it wouldn't really be suitable for this trap trade servant as this relies on having your order at the front of a que and submitting orders in split stakes would lose that advantage
Super👍🏼✨
gstar1975

Can anyone tell me why when i use the trap servant and place a back bet well above the current price and a Lay bet way below the current price, the opposing bets are sometimes not placed?

Can you only use this servant on one side of the book at each time?

I would like to place servants on both sides of the book at the same time is this possible? Is it a good idea?
Last edited by gstar1975 on Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

This servant will only work on one bet at time as part of the servant cancels other servants on the same runner.
gstar1975

Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:46 pm
This servant will only work on one bet at time as part of the servant cancels other servants on the same runner.
Could you put in a Back and Lay bet with the servant and then when the price gets close to one close the other? Would the servant still work as intended?
Dallas

gstar1975 wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:39 pm
Euler wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:46 pm
Could you put in a Back and Lay bet with the servant and then when the price gets close to one close the other? Would the servant still work as intended?

It could be edited to allow this to be done, you'd need to change the SV names on one of the files so the each used independent names and therefore don't conflict
Depending on what you wanted to happen with the other trade when one is matched you may need to change the 'cancel all unmatched bets on a selection' rule to a 'cancel unmatched bets on selection (price dependant)' rule
gstar1975

The Lay servant seems to be working even if there is also a Back servant, but the Back servant doesnt trigger if there is a Lay servant for this Trap Trade servant.
Archery1969

I use the back first servant all the time and modified it to close the trade if the following occurs (which it does):

1. If Lay bet gets taken but price reverses before the back bet is filled.
2. If the back bet gets taken but the lay bet was missed.

Mental servant.
gstar1975

I just had a situation where I just used the servant and placed a Back Bet and it didnt trigger. Maybe I am forgetting to press the Alt button. I'll keep testing.
ferrypaul

It dont seem to work for me.. When i press alt and left click it Backs at the best current price instead of Laying where iv clicked where the least money is waiting.. Any ideas?
Dallas

ferrypaul wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:18 pm
It dont seem to work for me.. When i press alt and left click it Backs at the best current price instead of Laying where iv clicked where the least money is waiting.. Any ideas?
The purpose of the servant is to use it to offer your initial outside the current price, if you try and take a price Betfair it will just match it instantly at the best price
ferrypaul

Thats what i am doing.. But it does the opposite

Im doing exactly what Peter done in the youtube video but it dont do the same for me as in the video
Dallas

ferrypaul wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:35 pm
Thats what i am doing.. But it does the opposite

Im doing exactly what Peter done in the youtube video but it dont do the same for me as in the video
Can you open a new market, start the servant then post a screenshot of your ladder screen and copy of the log for that market?
ferrypaul

Here it is
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

According to the screenshots you are doing are doing exactly what I said in my previous message and taking a price (which Betfair is instantly matching at the best price) and not offering the bet at a better price.

ie, you have used the Lay servant and tried to lay above the current price at 3.10 as highlighted in the image below and BF matched you at 2.94 immediately
Capture.JPG

In that screenshot you need to be offering the lay at 2.90 or below
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

ferrypaul wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:43 pm
Here it is
You're using the Servants the wrong way around. I recognise the mistake because I've made it before. My shortcut keys are alt c & alt x so I do this regularly and the worst part is, I tell myself I need to change those keys each time it happens. Guess what hasn't been changed.

Return to “Bet Angel - Servants - Shared files”